Former 4* DB & LSU Transfer Kelvin Joseph

WFE12

4_8001930.jpg

6-1.5 191
Baton Rouge, LA (Scotlandville Magnet)
15 P5 conference offers includung AU, LSU, Bama, Florida, FSU, Clemson, UGA, & ND
Top 3 of AU, LSU, & Bama
Army All American

Want this cat badly. Love his height! I want us to close with DBs and offensive lineman. Let's go!

Carlton leaving has got to open some doors.

Good news for AU, Bama, & FSU...

1 hour ago, MCPeePants said:

You mean LSU?

No. It's good for now for the other 3 he is delaying committing til NSD. If he had committed this Saturday as he thought about it would have been LSU.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

No. It's good for now for the other 3 he is delaying committing til NSD. If he had committed this Saturday as he thought about it would have been LSU.

Still has an official to the other 3 though.  Think it bodes worst for FSU.

13 hours ago, MCPeePants said:

Still has an official to the other 3 though.  Think it bodes worst for FSU.

Agreed.

Re committing back to LSU I am guessing.

For those wondering this thread will not be moved if KJ picks LSU today. He is adimant he will still OV AU the last weekend before NSD.

59 minutes ago, around4ever said:

No big surprise but Joseph picks LSU at the Army All-American game.  As E says though he says he is still making an OV to Auburn. 

What would be the point of this if he committed to LSU this late in the game 

Sounds like he has some love for AU, the opportunity to play early he has said will play into it as well and he likes Porter.

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Every industry has its own jargon. In the recruiting industry "committed" doesn't mean what it means in the rest of the world. In recruiting land "committed" means today's favorite, nothing more. In this guy's case, I do think the odds of us flipping a guy from Baton Rouge away from LSU are slim to none. I'd save the money it will cost to bring him here and spend it on snacks at a basketball game, but the coaches know more about their business than I do.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Every industry has its own jargon. In the recruiting industry "committed" doesn't mean what it means in the rest of the world. In recruiting land "committed" means today's favorite, nothing more. In this guy's case, I do think the odds of us flipping a guy from Baton Rouge away from LSU are slim to none. I'd save the money it will cost to bring him here and spend it on snacks at a basketball game, but the coaches know more about their business than I do.

I agree. It would be different if he had not committed about a month before NSD. However, this just seems like a free trip for this dude. 

7 hours ago, DAG said:

I agree. It would be different if he had not committed about a month before NSD. However, this just seems like a free trip for this dude. 

Weird coming from me, one that has been pretty critical of some of our coaches, but we have to trust them to use official visits intelligently.  I doubt they would waste their time if they didn't think there was at least a chance.  Also to consider, the all star games will pressure kids to commit during the televised game to boost viewership. It could be that Joseph was pressured and was looking for attention and LSU was a safe commit at the time. 

17 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Weird coming from me, one that has been pretty critical of some of our coaches, but we have to trust them to use official visits intelligently.  I doubt they would waste their time if they didn't think there was at least a chance.  Also to consider, the all star games will pressure kids to commit during the televised game to boost viewership. It could be that Joseph was pressured and was looking for attention and LSU was a safe commit at the time. 

Well if a guy is going to accept a free trip I am sure the coaching staff will oblige. Not buying the safe commitment though. It's literally a month from NSD. I personally think he is a strong commit to LSU, but he let them know early he still will be utilizing his visits.

On 1/6/2018 at 3:51 PM, DAG said:

Pressure from family to go ahead & commit on national TV at an all star event.

On 1/7/2018 at 12:12 AM, Mikey said:

Every industry has its own jargon. In the recruiting industry "committed" doesn't mean what it means in the rest of the world. In recruiting land "committed" means today's favorite, nothing more.

Or as I saw it put the put the other day via the ole golf cliche, "leader in the clubhouse."

Archived