One burning question.......

musicitytiger

3 hours ago, NorthGATiger said:

Maybe I did not explain in words what I was thinking very well.  Gus coached lights out and on fire in the first UGA game.  New plays, an actual gameplan to exploit UGA.  He was fighting for his job and he knew it.  You could almost tell he was sticking it to Kirby for all of the negative things Kirby tells recruits about him.  Gus enjoyed it.  In the second game Gus was not fighting for his job by any means and he had absolutely no game plan other than what he did before.  Nothing new, no wrinkles, no answer to anything, no adjustments.  It does not matter if you and I are playing football, playing checkers, or chasing the same woman; If I know what you are doing before you do it then I am going to win every time and vice versa.  It makes the O-Line look bad but the truth of the matter is the Defense knows whats coming before the snap of the football and UCF, Mercer, GA Southern, Clemson, or UGA can make Auburn look like Furman when Gus is so predictable.

This is what is so unexplainable about our offense. We looked super creative in uga1 and iron bowl to the point where for a change my ten year old couldn’t predict our plays. Then, just like that we revert to same ol same ol with zero creativity and my ten year old is back to predicting what we’re about to do. Unfortunately I believe this is what we can expect while gus is coach. Up, down, up, down, down, down, slightly up, then down again...smh

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Considering we have never in the history of Auburn football had back to back 10 win seasons, you may be correct. Plus we will be rebuilding the OL (not sure that is a bad thing haha) and play Uga and Uat on the road. Looking forward to it honestly. It will be another challenge. 

We actually did in 88-89. But yeah once is really crappy for all the good seasons Auburn has had.

1 hour ago, gr82b4au said:

Considering we have never in the history of Auburn football had back to back 10 win seasons, you may be correct. Plus we will be rebuilding the OL (not sure that is a bad thing haha) and play Uga and Uat on the road. Looking forward to it honestly. It will be another challenge. 

Pat Dye had back to back 10 win seasons in the 80's but yeah that is pretty pathetic.

1 hour ago, NorthGATiger said:

Pat Dye had back to back 10 win seasons in the 80's but yeah that is pretty pathetic.

I wonder if he was referring to 10 win regular seasons? 

7 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Because we only think we know what needs fixing. They have A LOT more information than we do. We're just a bunch of armchair coaches speculating based on the parts of a game that we can see from the TV coverage.  They see practice, they know the players, and they analyze film from multiple angles. In some circles, they would call our knowledge delusions or grandeur, but since the coaches aren't going to pop on here and chat with us, it's all we've got, so we might as well run with it ;).

That’s why I love this place ?

12 hours ago, musicitytiger said:

Like everyone else, I was frustrated with the last two games.  However, I may be able to look at it a little more objectively because once I recognized something..........I turned both games off.  (Secc in the 3rd quarter and bowl game at halftime)

Not only did both opponents know when we were running the ball, but in many cases they knew what gap to hit.  In the Secc game, there were examples of 3 uga defenders hitting the hole before the play developed.

On the surface, it’s easy to blame the  Oline, but if you’ve ever tried to block someone that knows where you’re going.......it’s a whole different task.

To me.........there’s only one offseason question.  Is Auburn prepared to invest into a more effective strategy of studying our own schemes and tendencies?  It cost us a National championship this year.........will we adapt?

tenor.gif

Archived