Kerryon Johnson to Enter NFL Draft

WDE0007

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

So are we assuming that Pettway is going pro? Because if he came back that would be amazing.

I respectfully disagree. He started two seasons in a row suspended. He’s talented but can’t be counted on. I wish him luck in the NFL. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

KJ was telling people last week he was coming back. 

Don’t tell me that. Makes it worse!!!!

8 minutes ago, Apraser99 said:

I hope so Barnacle but his durability is questionable. No doubt he has the heart.

I'm sure durability is a concern, but I'm uncertain how much of a concern it is. Hamstring certainly wasn't a durability question - likely a conditioning question. You could call the shoulder injury a durability question, but you could also chalk it up to the hit...not to mention his work load and the fact that he won't see as many carries in the NFL. And, none of his injuries were reoccurring. I also think that his body is still developing, and I think he'll continue to add more muscle to his frame without having to sacrifice speed. 

Good for him. I hope he does well. 

Now let's see Asa and the rest of the RBs light it up next year!

WDE - why do you have a pic of Frost? Did you lose a bet?

18 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

And so this begs the question...was he playing to not get hurt yesterday?  On many of his runs he sure seemed to play it safe...not quite showcasing the determination he's known for.

he threw one defender down and ran over several a few times

RB all the sudden a huge question going into next season. Speaking of Gus not getting young guys into the rotation enough - he won't have a choice in 2018.

I'm very excited to see how Barrett looks this summer after an off-season in our strength and conditioning program. Martin enrolling early is huge - and Whitlow is someone people keep talking about. When does Shivers arrive by the way?

There's going to be some great competition in the spring, that's for sure. 

KJ is one of my favorite top 10 players all time. His love for Auburn and his desire to win is unequal. Good luck in the league and Kerry-on! War Eagle

Hate it for us, but wish him nothing but the very best.  He is a stud, played his heart out and always seemed to represent himself and the university well.

We have a lot of depth at RB, there should be a wide open competition for the role.  I don't expect Pettway to be back, but one can hope.  Given his track record though I wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket.

I really hope we develop multiple backs and take note of how UGA uses multiple RBs or the way we did we Caddy and Ronnie Brown.

Hmm, just another reason why we should played Barrett more besides that dumb swing pass that was so predictable. Hopefully Asa comes in ready to compete for the starting job.

Best of luck KJ. You are going to be missed.

Smart decision but I sure will miss him. He is an awesome kid from an awesome family and I have zero doubt that this was a very thought out decision. 

We need another signee rb. Maybe juco. Real thin now. I am borderline shocked ?. With zero inside info I just had him returning on a strong hunch. Good luck KJ. I know you’ll continue to make us proud. 

24 minutes ago, GoAU said:

Hate it for us, but wish him nothing but the very best.  He is a stud, played his heart out and always seemed to represent himself and the university well.

We have a lot of depth at RB, there should be a wide open competition for the role.  I don't expect Pettway to be back, but one can hope.  Given his track record though I wouldn't put too many eggs in that basket.

I really hope we develop multiple backs and take note of how UGA uses multiple RBs or the way we did we Caddy and Ronnie Brown.

depth?......well we have several on the roster. We haven't seen enough of any of them to know if we have depth or not. I hope you are right.

Well the two teams playing for all the marbles have multiple top line RBs. Our tendency is to use the meat grinder approach...simply run one 30 or 40 times until he gets injured and then run him some more. We have not shown a tendency to develop Offensive players and be ready to just step in when needed. We had no one ready to share duties with KJ. He certainly has earned the right to leave before being used up. Good luck and see you on Sundays.

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

This kinda changed my outlook for next year. I pray JHolland doesn’t follow. 

I'm hearing he is leaving as well.

War Damn Eagle, KJ. Thank you so much for the last 3 years. It's been a blast, and we will forever be indebted to what you've given to Auburn. Here's to a long, successful, healthy career.

Do well, young man.

Archived