Kerryon Johnson to Enter NFL Draft

WDE0007

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Oh I see; we lose to Central Florida, and suddenly you appear again. Where were you after the Georgia and Iron Bowl wins?

Oh and I forgot about you lol. Well I've actually not been here the entire year really. But I've been getting acclimated with my new career. So this cycle my training was over thermodynamics, turbine oil, Iso phase bus duct, fire protection, and main steam. We tested early for the holiday. I made a 100! So I had free time. I'm pretty sure I came and checked in when we won those big games though...

Surprising to me, but best move for him I believe. He reminds me a lot of Cadillac the way he goes down after fighting til the end to pick up whatever's there. A RB only has so many carries in them, and his are tough carries(which I love to watch).

Assuming Stidham comes back, Holland leaves and no one does anything stupid/gets hurt (knock on wood :-\), we return 13 starters (using the UGA-1 and UAT game starting lineups, note that I count kicker and punter when factoring in starters returning and starters lost).

He has given us his all. Best of luck to him and may he have a long illustrious career in the NFL.

Good job Gus. Now we're starting over at OL and RB. Can't blame KJ...he's been worked like a rented mule. Thank goodness we have a stable of The that barely have 50 carries between them all in their time here.

Devan Barrett will be the next great AU RB. Give him a full offseason in a college weight room and he will be our starter against washington. Kid has all the tools. He is a 5 tool rb. We will be fine. I will never worry about the RB position at Auburn. I do however worry about gus running 1 guy in to the ground. BUT that is a discussion for another day. THANK YOU KJ!!!! A true class act and a great person and Auburn man to the core. You will be missed! WAR DAMN KJ!!! Best of luck in the NFL. Hope you are a stud.

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Oh and I forgot about you lol. Well I've actually not been here the entire year really. But I've been getting acclimated with my new career. So this cycle my training was over thermodynamics, turbine oil, Iso phase bus duct, fire protection, and main steam. We tested early for the holiday. I made a 100! So I had free time. I'm pretty sure I came and checked in when we won those big games though...

Congrats on your new custodian career.  I truely hope it works out better than your last job, we know you were struggling.

All the best to you this New Year!  War Eagle!

I can feel the Love!

Good for KJ.  Gus ran another RB into the ground.  I said it all year ... poor personnel management.  KJ should have had 50 less touches and RB’s 3-5 should have had more.  If those other guys didn’t deserve it then they shouldn’t have been recruited or should have been coached better.  (Yes KJ should have touched the ball 30 times against Bama and Uga but should have stayed home for the LaMo game, etc.)

1 minute ago, mustache eagle said:

Gus ran another RB into the ground.

This is clear hyperbole. Kerryon got injured from lunging into the endzone.  Kerryon decided to play the bowl game knowing he was going to go pro  He didn’t invent an excuse to hang up the cleats for awhile. He wasn’t scared of Gus mismanaging him. Don’t make this another Gus bashing. We got plenty of RB threads for that. 

Gus also got him the Offensive player of the year.

Gus also got him the leading rusher in the NFL.

Gus also got him great exposure in the NFL leading KJ to decide no better time to go to NFL than now.

If your a RB, you mostly thank GM bc many of our RBs were either the leading rusher in the SEC, mentioned in the Heisman race, and receive great exposure.

Sure, i agree KJ probably got too many carries, but his injury, as someone above mentioned accurately, it was one play that he exposed his body trying to score that got him injured, not the number of carries. 

In the NFL he will play 16 regular season games, and 4 preseason games, not counting playoff games. He didnt play a full season this year. His hamstring pull had nothing to do with overworked. 

No matter how Gus has managed our RB situation, I'm pretty sure that Kerryon's only regret is leaving Auburn without a championship. Otherwise, it seems that he is very satisfied with his choice to sign here and the experience he had here. Now he gets to go get a bunch of money playing the game he loves. Wish that injuries hadn't taken so many highlights away from us, but otherwise this is a happy story for me and I think for KJ, too. He secured his place in the RBU HoF, for sure.

Thanks for everything, dude. And thanks for showing these young cats the right way to do things. Good luck and stay healthy at the next level.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Congrats on your new custodian career.  I truely hope it works out better than your last job, we know you were struggling.

All the best to you this New Year!  War Eagle!

Lol nobody will say nothing about this but everybody will get upset to my response....You never answered are you the male or the female in your pic?

But what are you trying to say? You feel you're better than a custodian? And when you say we who are you inferring to? 

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol nobody will say nothing about this but everybody will get upset to my response....You never answered are you the male or the female in your pic?

But what are you trying to say? You feel you're better than a custodian? And when you say we who are you inferring to? 

Not even worth the response bro.......

16 hours ago, AUDevil said:

And so this begs the question...was he playing to not get hurt yesterday?  On many of his runs he sure seemed to play it safe...not quite showcasing the determination he's known for.

Playing not to get hurt is a prescription for getting hurt IMO.

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

custodian career

The finest people I know work the jobs others look down upon. 

Putting food on their table, providing shelter for their children, working hard for the benefit of others, and doing all of this with grace and dignity without an expectation of gratitude - those are attributes I greatly admire.

Where are the Mods to call out that one guy for getting personal? Holy crap. Pick and choose much. Guy clearly as a bone to pick with cole.

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You never answered are you the male or the female in your pic?

So you’re admitting to making it personal first? 

?

15 hours ago, bigbird said:

I'm excited to finally get to see the others.

especially excited to see Whitlow this spring, his film has shown some quick twitch movement and signs of good vision.  If he can adapt that to the tailback position we are gonna have a game changer.

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

So you’re admitting to making it personal first? 

?

So do you know the person's gender? Because no I didn't make it personal first but when I get time I probably will. But there's no logic in this post. But let's check your record though......✅ of course you'd say that!

Archived