2018 4* CB Olaijah Griffin

ellitor

4_5267813.jpg

6-0 170
Mission Viejo, CA (Mission Viejo)
15 P5 Conference offers including AU, Vols, USC, Bama, Michigan
Under Armour All American

Evaluation

Griffin is a two-way standout at the high school level and has made a ton of plays at corner and receiver. We love his upside at the next level as a shutdown corner and his length, quickness, ball skills and toughness should allow him to see the field early as a freshman. Griffin is more athletic than given credit for and has very good top end speed and short area quickness. He has excellent ball skills for a corner and has the ability to not just defend a pass but to make a play on the ball and do something with it after he catches it-Biggins

Not likely to happen, but a DB class of Tutt, Griffin, and Joseph might be our best ever from a rankings standpoint. Add Smoke and Sherwood at S and thats some real ballers.

13 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

Not likely to happen, but a DB class of Tutt, Griffin, and Joseph might be our best ever from a rankings standpoint. Add Smoke and Sherwood at S and thats some real ballers.

And Fuqua might even stick... maybe?

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And Fuqua might even stick... maybe?

Fuqua is expected to greyshirt while he recovers from his shoulder injury and sign next December. That way he won't lose a year's time while not playing and won't take up a slot in this year's 25 limit.At least that's the plan I've heard discussed.

27 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Fun fact: He's Warren G's son

IMG_0962.GIF

Ok, i watched highlights on this kid about a month ago but i quickly forgot his name because he is from the west coast and never thought I'd see his name on this board. All i remembered was him being warren Gs son.

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

Fuqua is expected to greyshirt while he recovers from his shoulder injury and sign next December. That way he won't lose a year's time while not playing and won't take up a slot in this year's 25 limit.At least that's the plan I've heard discussed.

^^^^This pending how his physical goes with AU doctors next week.

Former UCLA cornerback commit sets Auburn OV

Here’s a fresh name to know for Auburn fans: Olaijah Griffin.

The 4-star cornerback from Mission Viejo, Calif., is the No. 31 overall prospect in the nation and the fourth-ranked cornerback, according to the 247Sports composite. Griffin was committed to UCLA until Dec. 30 after choosing not to ink during the early signing period. In the last few months, he’s picked up a few big offers.

Since Nov. 29, Auburn, Tennessee and Clemson have all offered, and he looks destined to make the move from the West Coast to the Southeast.

Griffin will take an official visit to Auburn in January, though he’s still trying to figure out if it’ll be Jan. 19 or Jan. 26. Tennessee might be the team to beat for now. He took a visit to Tennessee after picking up that offer and before de-committing from UCLA.

Auburn will work to change that on his official visit. The Tigers have a major need at the position.

Do the signed 2018 class get to come and visit with these official visits that others are taking to help convince them to sign?  I know some of them are already on campus, but those that are not on campus but have signed, can they come too?

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Do the signed 2018 class get to come and visit with these official visits that others are taking to help convince them to sign?  I know some of them are already on campus, but those that are not on campus but have signed, can they come too?

Yes.

E - Off topic and maybe already answered, will the 4 guys that are going pro allow us to sign 4 guys next year that would count back?

or how does that work?

thanks

4 minutes ago, Roos said:

E - Off topic and maybe already answered, will the 4 guys that are going pro allow us to sign 4 guys next year that would count back?

or how does that work?

thanks

@Mikey answered this last night.

On January 3, 2018 at 9:05 PM, Randman5000 said:

Love his size. That's what I loved about Carlton. He got burned on back shoulders but very rarely over the top. 

If he can cover any where near what Carlton could. Please lord sign this kid!!!

He was looking back for the ball on that first highlight! Didn't know you were allowed to do that! Maybe he can tell our guys too...:Sing:

Archived