Stop the BIG contracts.

norcuron

Gus was counting money not winning a game. Stop giving big money and contracts to not so well established coaches.  Make them work for their money. Was Gus gonna be a big hot anything after our bowl game. Let him leave if he wants. We may get someone to earn their pay.

33 minutes ago, norcuron said:

Gus was counting money not winning a game. Stop giving big money and contracts to not so well established coaches.  Make them work for their money. Was Gus gonna be a big hot anything after our bowl game. Let him leave if he wants. We may get someone to earn their pay.

Gus has much more character than that. He is stubborn and predictable but I won't call him greedy. Agree with everyone's frustration and agree the money is out of control. 

I agree that 7 years is  a bit long, but can certainly understand why you'd want at least 4-5 for recruiting.  However I think the market (i.e. the coaches and agents) are moving more in this direction due to the number of coaches being fired 2-3 years into every contract.  If I were a coach, with the kind of job security they have I'd be pushing for these types of contracts too.

Call me stupid if you must. It just seems that our team takes a dive EVERYTIME we sign a big contract. The coach is counting $ and not hungry anymore. Why should they? They paid.

Players do the same thing. They know they are gonna get drafted, They get sick and stuff.

Archived