Under Armour All American Game (Player Game stats & Replay in OP)

ellitor

26 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

I wonder if any feelings of Matt going to Clemson will be dispelled from our other recruits talking to him.

He is a baller!!  I hope he sticks with his commitment.  We can use his talents. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, around4ever said:

He is a baller!!  I hope he sticks with his commitment.  We can use his talents. 

For sure...He's got moxie.

Gatewood can throw better than people think. Like I said many times, Joey was all over the field for his high school only because he’s that great of an athlete.

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

I like that Washington guy. He played great and his attitude seemed good too. 

Yes, he seems like a good kid.  The other RBs on Highlight didn't get many chances to show their talents.  Deion was riding with the hot back. 

Well Matt and Schwartz had some sparks but Joey had the best day of course since he is a qb. Smoke didn't get much action or at least from what I paid attention to. Coynis impressed me a lot. Not even thinking about Ross anymore but I wonder who commits from fratinizing with our signees? 

6 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Shoulda left Joey in. I understand getting the other players in though. 

Yeah but the OL though... 

5 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Shoulda left Joey in. I understand getting the other players in though. 

Us competitors don’t understand anything other than winning but the game is supposed to be more like a showcase. lol. Well, until Joey G showed the number one safety recruit  up by running his ass over that is...

3 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Gatewood already getting a ton of love. I’d expect him to go up in rankings after this game. 

Update: He will be. 

I wish the refs had done what they should have done and flagged Hill the first time he kicked the ball into the stands. He probably wouldn't have done it the second time. "Spare the rod and spoil the child" comes to mind.

13 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Matthew Hill looks good. What are the chances of hanging onto him? 

Tough. Clemson is a real threat.

12 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Surprised it took this long for a Cam comparison from the announcers.

Pretty much started the telecast alluding to it.

Auburn prospect stats from the Under Armour All-America Game

See how Auburn football prospects fared in the 2018 Under Armour All-America Game Thursday night.

6_8017050.jpg
(Joey Gatewood Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

ORLANDO, Fla. -- The 2018 Under Armour All-America game concluded on Thursday evening with a 23-21 win by Team Spotlight over Team Highlight. There were several Auburn commitments, signees and targets that took part in the game. Here is a look at how they fared.

Auburn Signees & Commitments

• 4-star quarterback signee Joey Gatewood was 8 of 16 passing for 79 yards, including one touchdown and one interception. He also ran for 33 yards, including another touchdown, en route to being named Team Spotlight's MVP of the game.
  • 4-star defensive tackle commitment Coynis Miller totaled six tackles, including a sack and one for loss.
  • 4-star wide receiver commitment Matthew Hill caught three passes for 21 yards on the night. He added a 56-yard punt return in the loss.
  • 4-star wide receiver Anthony Schwartz, who committed to Auburn during the game, caught two passes for a team-high 46 yards.
  • 4-star defensive back signee Quindarious Monday registered one tackle on the night.

Auburn Targets

•  

• ellitor unpinned and unfeatured this topic
18 hours ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Yeah I saw an article where he gave an interview comparing the two schools and he sounds like he’s more into Clemson. 

Why wouldn't he be? I mean in all seriousness guys, Clemson, bammer, and now possibly uga are competing for NCs every year. What talented kid that's being courted by those schools wouldn't be interested? Until Gus can evolve his offense and finish out the season strong, we're gonna be iffy at best on the big time guys. People say bowl games don't matter lol...that's BS. Perception does matter.

Archived