Peach Bowl Game Report Card

StatTiger

21 hours ago, AU04ever said:

I think the Bowl performance can be summed up by this quote from CGM when asked about the early signing period...

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2018/01/what_did_gus_malzahn_learn_fro.html#incart_river_index

What did Auburn's Gus Malzahn learn from 1st early signing period?

"We're trying to recruit as we're preparing for the SEC Championship Game, and, of course, then trying to finish that up. It was different. It was challenging. Then, of course, once we got into Bowl prep and all that, early on, we were really focused on our young guys developing, and we did a little bit on Central Florida."

Maybe I'm reading a little more into this but the performance screamed out agreement with this.

I sure hope none of you guys are buying this BS. Oh...so we were working on young guys developing? Then why the hell didn't we see them in the game? Why didn't we at minimum see Whitlow....who they were gleaming about in other interviews? The other WRs? 

58 minutes ago, leglessdan said:

I sure hope none of you guys are buying this BS. Oh...so we were working on young guys developing? Then why the hell didn't we see them in the game? Why didn't we at minimum see Whitlow....who they were gleaming about in other interviews? The other WRs? 

Whitlow RS'ed this year.  If he played in the bowl game then he would have lost an entire year of eligibility for 1 game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leglessdan said:

Gus mentioned before the bowl that this was a “business trip”.  I’m not sure what business he was talking about, but it looked like a boondoggle to me.  This was no more than a glorified A-day game with the same amount of preparation.  Scott Frost was working two jobs, had the same amount of time in the day (24 hours) and blew Gus’ doors off.

You don’t always get what you pay for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Whitlow RS'ed this year.  If he played in the bowl game then he would have lost an entire year of eligibility for 1 game.

Gotcha...didn't even think of that ?

• Like 2

Wow.  I wonder if the AU Administration realizes this?

"On paper Auburn should have been the better team but in the end, Auburn was out-coached, and UCF played a more inspired game. "

With an OL out there just going through the motions and wallowing around against an inspired defense it was a recipe for disaster.  That was the worst performance by an Auburn OL I have seen in a long time.  It looked like they were sleepwalking.  

• 2 weeks later...