2018 5* OT Nicholas Petit-Frere

ellitor

4_7999487.jpg

6-6 272
Tampa, FL (Berkeley Prep)
26 P5 conference offers including AU, Michigan, Florida, tOSU, ND, Bama, FSU, UGA, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma, Penn St, Stanford, Vols, Texas, & USC
Seems fairly open w/ AU competing w/ Michigan, ND, Florida, Bama, & tOSU
Under Armour All American

Evaluation

Petit-Frere has to dedicate time to the weight room and pack on weight over the next couple of years, but is a fluid athlete who can really bend and get underneath his opponent in the trenches. He plays with tenacity until it's time to huddle up for the following play. Petit-Frere does a good job of pumping his legs and driving through his opponent, and is always looking to put his opponent flat on their back. Petit-Frere is jam-packed with long-term potential.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-star offensive tackle Nicholas Petit-Frere considering Auburn for official visit

5-star OT Nicholas Petit-Frere is still considering Auburn.
Zach Abolverdi/SEC Country

Tigers remain in hunt with other major programs for Florida player

Nicholas Petit-Frere‘s recruitment is shaping up to be one of the most fascinating to follow down the stretch.

The 5-star offensive tackle from Berkeley Prep in Tampa, Fla., will be courted by every major program in the country. Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, Michigan and Notre Dame are among the 30 offers Petit-Frere has received. To give an idea of Petit-Frere’s prioritization, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh got NCAA approval to hold one of the Wolverines’ bowl practices at Berkeley Prep so Petit-Frere could watch.

For now, however, Petit-Frere isn’t naming names regarding his programs of choice and any potential visits.

“I’m getting closer to figuring out what those schools are going to be. I’ll figure it out soon, but right now I don’t know yet,” Petit-Frere said at the Under Armour All-America Game. “Soon. I’m not sure when. I’ve still got some time to figure it out.”

Every program in the country will fight for one of Petit-Frere’s five official visits.

Auburn will be among them, and Petit-Frere told SEC Country the Tigers have a legitimate chance to be one. So far, Petit-Frere has only visited Auburn one time. That came two summers ago before he entered his junior season.

“It was a nice campus. It was a very college feel. Everything was together and close. I enjoyed the visit. It looked nice,” Petit-Frere said. “The campus looked really beautiful.”

Despite the limited visits, he has stayed in regular communication with Auburn offensive line coach Herb Hand and running backs coach Tim Horton. They’ve stayed consistent with their message the last two years. They always knew it would be a recruitment that would last until the final month, so there wasn’t any pressure to get him on campus to make visits regularly.

But now, it’s about to time for Petit-Frere to make choices for his official visits.

Hand has made his priority clear.

“He’s telling me about the program of Auburn, how he feels about the team, how he feels about them football-wise and academically as well,” Petit-Frere said. “It’s a great program. It’s another one of the storied programs in college football. It’s great football. They have a good academic process as well. It’s a good program overall.”

We could have used him in the peach bowl. When he gets on his block he doesn't stop until the man is on the ground or the whistle blows. Wonder if we made it a package deal and hired his o-line coach if we could get him? We could use some blocking like that.

How’s Ashley coming along for us, BTW?

Odd for a player of this caliber to enter the game this late. Do we have a big recruiting weekend coming up? We gotta get a visit out of him.

14 minutes ago, AUwent said:

How’s Ashley coming along for us, BTW?

Haven't heard but he's still expected to start next season.

15 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Odd for a player of this caliber to enter the game this late.

Not at all given all the coaching changes now a days. Also it's not late. AU has been recruiting him for a very long time. I just did not think AU had enough traction worth creating a thread on him til now.

16 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Do we have a big recruiting weekend coming up?

Yes. All 4 available OV weekends have big targets coming in.

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Not at all given all the coaching changes now a days. Also it's not late. AU has been recruiting him for a very long time. I just did not think AU had enough traction worth creating a thread on him til now.

KN was not very positive at all about Petit-Frere today.  He said that it is a good sign that we might get an OV, but still a HUGE up hill battle

7 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

KN was not very positive at all about Petit-Frere today.  He said that it is a good sign that we might get an OV, but still a HUGE up hill battle

I know. Still a lot better than it was a month or 2 ago.

For a HS player he has quick feet gets under everybody he blocks whether a big guy or a little guy and has impressive speed for a man of his size. Of all the OT's film of possible players I have seen on this site this year he is by far my favorite.. When he blocks legs never stop driving and if he knocks somebody down he goes looking for the next guy to hit. The screen pass where he kept up with the back for about 30 yards before falling behind was impressive.  His pad level is the best of all the O-linemen's film that I have seen on this site for O-linemen this year.

Little Brother is nasty. This dude has the size and attitude to be one of the best linemen we’ve had in a very long time. I’d give one of @GwillMac6 n—-s if he’d sign with us.

2 minutes ago, fredst said:

Little Brother is nasty. This dude has the size and attitude to be one of the best linemen we’ve had in a very long time. I’d give one of @GwillMac6 n—-s if he’d sign with us.

DenzelBoomness.gif

4 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Kid is getting whooped

He got injured yesterday or the day before in practice after there was a fight and he was caught at the bottom of the pile. Might be still affecting him.

1 minute ago, WFE12 said:

He got injured yesterday or the day before in practice after there was a fight and he was caught at the bottom of the pile. Might be still affecting him.

Maybe so. He looks bad though. He’s been playing at LT and he’s giving up two sacks and a huge hit on Gatewood.

Archived