2018 Regular Season Projection

beaumak

Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Regular Season Wins Granted team is still to be determined by some personnel

• 6-6 or less = Bye Gus! Gosh we love throwing money around!
    • 7-5 = Good lord hit with another fungus. Really Gus? How shall we treat the next case of ringworm?
    • 8-4 = Rebuilding right?!? But the recruits look good.
    • 9-3 = It is what it is. no more no less.
    • 10-2 = Solid but with what ifs. DO we get scared and extend yet again?
    • 11-1 = Sitting pretty. Let's go ahead and double down from last year, 14 years $98 million
    • 12-0 = "$100 billion dollars". Gus for life!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 01:30 AM

34 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not sure why everyone is chalking UW up as a loss... Did you watch their bowl game?  I was not impressed. Everything they did that was positive was straight out of the sandlot, and they still couldn't pull off a win. The only way I think it will be a guaranteed win is if we have to totally rebuild our offense.

Because Gus is never prepared for the first game of the season when we play a real team. It takes him at least 3-4 games to make any significant changes. They may not measure up to the talent we have on paper but neither did UCF and they beat us. They also will return an experienced QB and talent that will be in it's 3rd season with Patterson. I believe their most recent recruiting class is ranked around 12th or 13th.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I love how you and your ilk throw that word around.  Last year #2 in the SEC was mediocre. This year a 10 win regular season while beating the #1 team in the country twice in 3 weeks, when those teams happened to be our biggest rivals, and playing in the SEC championship game is mediocre.  I swear, if we win the National Championship under Gus, some of you will bitch that we didn't win by enough points.

I’m glad you think I’m part of an ilk.  I guess I look at a situation and see how we could improve, you seem to praise what we did.  Last year’s #2 in the SEC was a war of attrition with SEC teams losing in order for us to get into the Sugar Bowl.  You believe it was earned.  This year, as you stated in another thread, we won on emotion.  When the emotion left the team there were not enough leaders on the team or the coaching staff to put a fire back in the players belly.

I usually look at ways to improve, you seem to be satisfied with what we have.  Just a difference in opinion.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Because Gus is never prepared for the first game of the season. It takes him at least 3-4 games to make any significant changes. They may not measure up to the talent we have on paper but neither did UCF and they beat us. They also will return an experienced QB and talent that will be in it's 3rd season with Patterson. I beleive their most recent recruiting class was ranked around 12th or 13th.

Agree. I have given up on Gus using the off-season for anything productive so we’re probably already one step behind as I figure Peterson will actually use the off-season to prepare for us.

19 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

This board sucks when we close the season out badly.

There is a simple remedy.  I bet you can guess what it is.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

My possible losses are UW, UGA and UA. Yes this goes against my SEC championship expectation . No longer expecting that sadly. Think we can 9 games though.

What made you change your mind so suddenly? KJ leaving?

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Agree. I have given up on Gus using the off-season for anything productive so we’re probably already one step behind as I figure Peterson will actually use the off-season to prepare for us.

Agree. It's just facts. Not sure why some think opening game next year will be any different vs. a good team. I expect our defense to still be solid. But it's going to be lip service leading up to the game and seeing the same plays. Until shown otherwise beyond what we've seen the last 2 years first game...that will be my opinion. I'm begging to be proven wrong though.

Losses to Ga, AL, and given Gus' performance in early season games probably UW as well. Add in one, or two games where we just can't seem to make a first down in one half or the other, and you have 4 to five losses. That should get Gus another extension, and raise I'm sure.

7 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

What made you change your mind so suddenly? KJ leaving?

The fact that we are unproven on the road , the type of coaches those three teams have with their talent , the fact that UW will have a chip on their shoulder facing an SEC school with a whole offseason to prepare for us..All of this leads to possibilities of losses.

25 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I actually hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe he will be our coach at the start of the 2020 season.

Exactly why we shouldn't have extended him. Unless he goes like 6-6 or 7 wins next year, we will not be in position to fire him until the previous season and if it's an 7 or 8 win season. It basically secured him at least 2 more seasons. 

Washington -win but close

Alabama St blowout

LSU - if Aranda and Canada leave then Auburn destroys LSU and Orgeron starts packing

Ark - win

Southern Miss - win but close for awhile

Miss State - win

Tennessee - Tennessee has talent so we’ll see but I’ll say win

Ole Miss - blowout 

aTm - this could be tricky with Jimbo 7-8 games in.  I’ll say win

UGA - right now seems like an Auburn win with everything they lose but according to their fans that won’t matter.  Auburn hasn’t been comeptitive in Athens since 2009.

Liberty - Trump likes Auburn big

Bama - probably a close loss on the road but Auburn has a chance.

To me everything hinges on the running game.  Stidham is worthless without a running game.  

43 minutes ago, DAG said:

So what ? They were still down by a touchdown. Look at you getting emotional. Never said they were so much better . What I am saying is it is laughable that you are unimpressed by them losing to penn state when we lost to UCF.

Once again, I'm unimpressed by how they played because I watched the game. 

5 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Once again, I'm unimpressed by how they played because I watched the game. 

Once again , that is laughable . Of course , I hate Gus too, right ? Everyone else has an agenda except you .

I think we'll keep the Washington game close but unless we include way more wrinkles in our offensive scheme than what we've shown this year, they will know how to stop us. Plus almost an entirely new offensive line unit makes for a very uneasy first game - especially with our early season track record.

Now add in that both KJ and Pettway have declared for the draft and we have almost zero experience outside of Kam Martin in the backfield.

Not saying we can't win it - but I'll say it's a loss until something/someone gives me hope. lol

2 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Use the mute button

If you must, but I don’t mind your comments.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Once again , that is laughable . Of course , I hate Gus too, right ? Everyone else has an agenda except you .

Laughable... ok... tell me how they scored their 4 touchdowns. 

What's my agenda? Am I a closet Washington hater?

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Laughable... ok... tell me how they scored their 4 touchdowns. 

What's my agenda? Am I a closet Washington hater?

The point is who cares lionheart. The goal is to score points , I don’t care if you have to pull something out of the Little giants movie. If it gets you closer to defeating your opponent then so be it. Holy crap. Learn sarcasm. I wasn’t saying you have agenda. I am saying you think everyone has an agenda if they call out our guys and most of the time it has to do with your clear infatuation with Gus. You can say your not impressed with their play , that is completely within your opinion. It is just hilarious to hear a fan from Auburn say that after our disgusting performance in our bowl game, where we were the clear favorite to win. How anyone of our fans can’t show some sense of humility after that is baffling in my eyes.

If Stidham and Lindsey come back, we should beat Washington. Normal Gus rules shouldn't apply when he begins the season trusting his QB and OC. But "should" doesn't really translate to Auburnese.

TL;DR wheeeeeeeeeeeee

9-3.  I can’t break down each game because I know nothing about each individual team.  

Rumor is little Briles is being looked at for the LSU o-coordinator job.  So who knows what the offense for LSU will be.

So I’ll just go with how recruiting rankings would have it.  Which has generally been the case with Gus at the helm.  Generally beat the teams we have more talent then and lose to the ones we have less.

O-line will be the difference if we are a good or great team.  

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Rumor is little Briles is being looked at for the LSU o-coordinator job.  So who knows what the offense for LSU will be.

Well that sucks

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

The point is who cares lionheart. The goal is to score points , I don’t care if you have to pull something out of the Little giants movie. If it gets you closer to defeating your opponent then so be it. Holy crap. Learn sarcasm. I wasn’t saying you have agenda. I am saying you think everyone has an agenda if they call out our guys and most of the time it has to do with your clear infatuation with Gus. You can say your not impressed with their play , that is completely within your opinion. It is just hilarious to hear a fan from Auburn say that after our disgusting performance in our bowl game, where we were the clear favorite to win. How anyone of our fans can’t show some sense of humility after that is baffling in my eyes.

I didn't say we were the clear favorite to win... not once. I said I couldn't understand how a bunch of people were automatically writing a W in Washington's column after watching how they performed in the bowl. Then you and IM4AU popped in with "we performed worse" routine, even though our bowl game had nothing to do with the topic. That's the think I don't get with you DAG. Your a smart dude but you almost always look for the opportunity to put down Auburn, even when it's not even remotely necessary.

6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Wow... where did you hear that? I had heard that Coach-O was dead set on getting one of his guys in there and Ensminger was actually seriously being considered.

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Wow... where did you hear that? I had heard that Coach-O was dead set on getting one of his guys in there and Ensminger was actually seriously being considered.

LSU alum...  not in an official capacity tho.  He did say the fans are all over getting little Briles and think they have made it clear to Coach O so we will see

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Normal Gus rules shouldn't apply when he begins the season trusting his QB and OC.

As was proven the one time he didn't have to rebuild the offense in 2014.

Archived