2018 Regular Season Projection

beaumak

Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Regular Season Wins Granted team is still to be determined by some personnel

• 6-6 or less = Bye Gus! Gosh we love throwing money around!
    • 7-5 = Good lord hit with another fungus. Really Gus? How shall we treat the next case of ringworm?
    • 8-4 = Rebuilding right?!? But the recruits look good.
    • 9-3 = It is what it is. no more no less.
    • 10-2 = Solid but with what ifs. DO we get scared and extend yet again?
    • 11-1 = Sitting pretty. Let's go ahead and double down from last year, 14 years $98 million
    • 12-0 = "$100 billion dollars". Gus for life!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 01:30 AM

"History shows Auburn is college football’s most unpredictable team

Auburn football’s reputation is that of a randomized results generator, an especially spastic one, designed by deranged hornets and housed in an abandoned fireworks stand.

Well, your memories do not lie to you.

In fact, Auburn is even more unpredictable than any of us realized.

First, I went through every preseason AP Poll ever to find the most overrated team of each season. Auburn took four of 68 years on that list, ranking behind only — take a wild guess — Notre Dame and USC. Here are the Tigers’ contributions, and bear with me, Auburn fans, because you’ll like the second part a lot more:...

On the underrated version, which gathers the 68 most hated-on achievers of the preseason AP Poll era, Auburn blows away the field by being the country’s most underrated team seven times in the last 60 years. Nobody else did it more than three in 68...

That makes for 11 times since 1950 that Auburn’s arguably been the country’s most unpredictable team. Plenty of teams didn’t finish on either list even once."

Jason Kirk at https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/21/17376846/most-unpredictable-team-overrated-underrated

Wheeeeee?

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Auburn football’s reputation is that of a randomized results generator, an especially spastic one, designed by deranged hornets and housed in an abandoned fireworks stand.

First, I went through every preseason AP Poll ever to find the most overrated team of each season. Auburn took four of 68 years on that list, ranking behind only — take a wild guess — Notre Dame and USC. Here are the Tigers’ contributions, and bear with me, Auburn fans, because you’ll like the second part a lot more:...

On the underrated version, which gathers the 68 most hated-on achievers of the preseason AP Poll era, Auburn blows away the field by being the country’s most underrated team seven times in the last 60 years. Nobody else did it more than three in 68...

That makes for 11 times since 1950 that Auburn’s arguably been the country’s most unpredictable team. Plenty of teams didn’t finish on either list even once."

Jason Kirk at https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/5/21/17376846/most-unpredictable-team-overrated-underrated

Wheeeeee?

tenor.gif

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

rollercoaster.gif

That gif is disgusting. However, when I was high school, some friends and I were at Miracle Strip riding the Rock-N-Roll Express and had a similar situation. Long story short, friend a had a broken leg in a cast and friend b who was riding the ride with him threw up down said cast. 

Ever since Gus became head coach, we always seem to be rebuilding. I'm getting sick of hearing we're rebuilding crap I wa every year. I want to see us win more SEC Championships and National Championships.

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Ever since Gus became head coach, we always seem to be rebuilding. I'm getting sick of hearing we're rebuilding crap I wa every year. I want to see us win more SEC Championships and National Championships.

You want it all..right now. We get it. Some of us had to wait over 50 years for a national title in our lifetime!

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Change teams...

WAR JABA!

10 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Wheeeeee?

Wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not.  

13 hours ago, aubearcat said:

That gif is disgusting. However, when I was high school, some friends and I were at Miracle Strip riding the Rock-N-Roll Express and had a similar situation. Long story short, friend a had a broken leg in a cast and friend b who was riding the ride with him threw up down said cast. 

That story is way more disgusting than the gif. Huzzah!

8 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not.  

This, I read it and thought to myself, "nothing new here."

It's why I still feel skeptical of high rankings...even though it's just superstition lol

"...Here at ESPN Analytics we're in the prediction business, so today, a mere 100 days removed from Week 1, we'll bestow awards for the opening slate of games.

Only rule: only one award per team/game, so we don't hurt anyone's feelings.

264.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true2.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueMost Important Game for the College Football Playoff: Washington vs. Auburn

There's plenty to play for in college football -- bowls, conferences, rivalries -- but when we strip it down, this is what matters the most, right? A ticket to the playoff and a shot at a championship. Neither team in this game reached the playoff last season, but based on our FPI projections both are immediate contenders to get there this season -- especially with a win in this neutral-site game.

By our adjusted leverage metric -- which considers each team's chance of earning a top-four strength of record depending on the result of their game and how likely that result is -- no game in Week 1 matters more to the playoff race than this one. In fact, it's the third-most important game for the playoff race in the entire season and it's a coin flip -- FPI gives each team a 50 percent shot to win.

If Washington wins the game, it would have a 51 percent chance to have a top-four SOR (our playoff proxy), while Auburn would have a 35 percent chance with a win..."

An early look at the biggest games for Week 1, at http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/23566042/washington-huskies-auburn-tigers-biggest-cfb-games-week-1

Somebody tell Gus this game is actually important and actually gives us room to drop a game in conference play PLEASE

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Somebody tell Gus this game is actually important and actually gives us room to drop a game in conference play PLEASE

One loss in conference play could keep you out of the sec championship game this year! 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

No tell him there's a loophole in his contract that requires he win the first game or he's fired.

It's a joke ladies and gentlemen.

14 minutes ago, toddc said:

One loss in conference play could keep you out of the sec championship game this year! 

"I mean, that wouldn't be perfect, buuuuuut..."- Reigning national champions

6 hours ago, toddc said:

Nah that won't matter we could still reach the playoffs....Oh wait we're not uat and have an agenda working in our favor by the committee.

On 5/21/2018 at 6:47 PM, auburn4ever said:

image (1).gif

19 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"I mean, that wouldn't be perfect, buuuuuut..."- Reigning national champions

Never forget...

saban.jpg

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Never forget...

saban.jpg

Chris FowlerChris Fowler@cbfowler  Please, researchers and archivists here find NO credible source citing Saban comment about non conf champs being in BCS title game.

• 6 months later...

Congrats to the 9 folks who predicted 7-5 (3-5) season this year. And wow it really does feel like we have fungus ringworm on our hands now. Don't think anyone predicted the UT game. Looking back we got lucky on Washington and A&M. Could easily be 5-7 (2-6). Just one game off mine @8-4.

what to do, what to do.....?!?! When/where will the carnage start?

13 minutes ago, beaumak said:

Congrats to the 9 folks who predicted 7-5 (3-5) season this year. And wow it really does feel like we have fungus ringworm on our hands now. Don't think anyone predicted the UT game. Looking back we got lucky on Washington and A&M. Could easily be 5-7 (2-6). Just one game off mine @8-4.

Can you name a single area, besides our punting, where the team met or exceeded expectations in 2018??

28 minutes ago, beaumak said:

Name them.  We're locked out.

@NorthGATiger  predicted the TN game.  It's the second post.  

41 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Name them.  We're locked out.

@NorthGATiger  predicted the TN game.  It's the second post.  

i dont think i have that capability. just shows the numbers of where the votes went up top anonymously. anyway yeah northgatiger did. well done (😢). i havent gone through the thread to see who called out what specifically. but for whoever did break it down figured they wanted to check their predictions if they cared too.

Archived