2018 Regular Season Projection

beaumak

Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Regular Season Wins Granted team is still to be determined by some personnel

• 6-6 or less = Bye Gus! Gosh we love throwing money around!
    • 7-5 = Good lord hit with another fungus. Really Gus? How shall we treat the next case of ringworm?
    • 8-4 = Rebuilding right?!? But the recruits look good.
    • 9-3 = It is what it is. no more no less.
    • 10-2 = Solid but with what ifs. DO we get scared and extend yet again?
    • 11-1 = Sitting pretty. Let's go ahead and double down from last year, 14 years $98 million
    • 12-0 = "$100 billion dollars". Gus for life!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

LSU alum...  not in an official capacity tho.  He did say the fans are all over getting little Briles and think they have made it clear to Coach O so we will see

Interesting. I don't think Coach-O wants someone in there who's not going to do things his way, as we saw with Canada, but maybe he'll choose talent over control.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I didn't say we were the clear favorite to win... not once. I said I couldn't understand how a bunch of people were automatically writing a W in Washington's column after watching how they performed in the bowl. Then you and IM4AU popped in with "we performed worse" routine, even though our bowl game had nothing to do with the topic. That's the think I don't get with you DAG. Your a smart dude but you almost always look for the opportunity to put down Auburn, even when it's not even remotely necessary.

It is called being objective. I have posted my reasons as to why it’s a POSSIBILITY that UW can defeat us. Oh so it’s okay for you to point how they performed in their bowl game as relevance to the topic, but we can’t respond to that statement with facts? Hahaha alright man. 

Just now, DAG said:

It is called being objective. I have posted my reasons as to why it’s a POSSIBILITY that UW can defeat us. Oh so it’s okay for you to point how they performed in their bowl game as relevance to the topic, but we can’t respond to that statement with facts? Hahaha alright man. 

You do know how to talk around a subject, I'll give you that. 

I need to get some work done... you have a good one. :cheers:

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

My perspective is unless you watched UW play multiple games this year then you would probably have no real idea how they stack up against us. But theres nothing wrong with picking our early 2018 record its just innocent fun.

4 minutes ago, ChltteTiger said:

My perspective is unless you watched UW play multiple games this year then you would probably have no real idea how they stack up against us. But theres nothing wrong with picking our early 2018 record its just innocent fun.

That’s a fair perspective. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection

This all depends on who returns to play next year.   Holland, Davis and Stidham, I think there’s a chance for 10 wins.   I’m  concerned about o line, but I think there is a chance to being just as good as this years o line.  If the redshirt 5 Star tackle can get right in head , I believe he will do better than James.   Brahms can take over center.  Harrell will have a years worth of experience and Prince will only get better.   The hole in my opinion, who replaces Smith

8-4 vs 7-5. Depends on Tennessee. I think UW is a loss. Same coach that beat OU while at Boise will be given an eternity to gameplan against us and our 6-7 play offensive playbook. 

The other losses will likely be TAMU (play them at home), UGA and turds. 

Hope I’m wrong. WDE!

45 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

This all depends on who returns to play next year.   Holland, Davis and Stidham, I think there’s a chance for 10 wins.   I’m  concerned about o line, but I think there is a chance to being just as good as this years o line.  If the redshirt 5 Star tackle can get right in head , I believe he will do better than James.   Brahms can take over center.  Harrell will have a years worth of experience and Prince will only get better.   The hole in my opinion, who replaces Smith

well we can cross this one of the list for 2018...

3 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not sure why everyone is chalking UW up as a loss... Did you watch their bowl game?  I was not impressed. Everything they did that was positive was straight out of the sandlot, and they still couldn't pull off a win. The only way I think it will be a guaranteed win is if we have to totally rebuild our offense.

To be fair, Lion, it was pretty “sandlot” with UCF and they won. This will be against much better overall athletes and a coach that has a reputation for giving any team a hard time when he has a long time to prepare. That said, I think we win, but I totally get people thinking we may lose that one.

58 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Mike Horton will be taking Braden Smith’s spot. 

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Washington -win but close

Alabama St blowout

LSU - if Aranda and Canada leave then Auburn destroys LSU and Orgeron starts packing

Ark - win

Southern Miss - win but close for awhile

Miss State - win

Tennessee - Tennessee has talent so we’ll see but I’ll say win

Ole Miss - blowout 

aTm - this could be tricky with Jimbo 7-8 games in.  I’ll say win

UGA - right now seems like an Auburn win with everything they lose but according to their fans that won’t matter.  Auburn hasn’t been comeptitive in Athens since 2009.

Liberty - Trump likes Auburn big

Bama - probably a close loss on the road but Auburn has a chance.

To me everything hinges on the running game.  Stidham is worthless without a running game.  

Don’t underestimate the RBs UGA will have to replace Chubb/Sony(sp). They’ve recruited some studs at RB. Plus by the time we play them....they’ll have played a number of games and will not be “green.” They’ll be replacing a lot but are loaded with talent. 

This is why Auburn needs Florida and Tennessee to get better FAST! We can’t be the only team in the SEC that’s a threat to Bama and UGA. 

UW- loss, they have a better coach and we won't be able to out talent them. CoachPwill make Gus look silly

ALST- win but probably too close with starters being in in the 4th. 

LSU- Gus v coach o? It's like the special Olympics of the sec HCs. Toss up

Arky-win new O philosophy without the players needed to run it right away. 

SoMiss- closer than needs prob, but a win with starters in late. 

Miss st.- probably better coached, but again new everything. Growing pains and a big AU win. Here is where Gus finally decides on an offence

UTenn- decent talent but a dumpster fire. Easy win. 

Ole Miss- dumpster fire with a worse HC that gun. Easy win. 

TAMU- equal on athletes, probably a better HC, but will depend on how they gel with new philosophies and staff. Toss up. 

Uga- lots of loss for them, but this late it shoukdnt matter, better RB recruits to replace chubb/sony. We only won big this year because of missed opportunities by them, 2 easy TDs missed by them early. Probably a huge loss in athens THWg

Liberty- win big

UAT- major ass whooping. We got lucky with their piled up LB injuries. Is tua takes over, it'll probably need CSI and FBI to investigate the murder. If it is still hurts, it'll just be ugly. 

TL;DR Gus makes 7mil being a below average HC after another year with a ton of luck.

Arky will improve, Tamu will improve, Tenn will improve, we will still be Gus. 6-6 at worst 9-3 at best. If you think Stidham looked scared behind a veteran Oline, just wait til they are replaced with inexperienced lineman and inexperienced blocking RBs. 

O line will likely take a step back (what did we have 35 sacks this year?)

D line takes a step back (they were the best crew on the field so they will likely still be good, just not as good)

Gus will have zero motivation for a killer instinct. His only reason for two games of killer instinct was rewarded with a ridiculous payday. That's over (which became very evident already)

Running game takes a big step back as Kerryon pretty much forced running game success. Don't see Martin being that powerful to do the same in tough games. 

What big game did we win away from home this year?  Zero?

We play 3 very big games away from home. We lose all 3

If the Oline looks better than expected we win the rest. If not we lose up to 3 more.  Can a coach be on the hot seat less than a year after getting a 75 percent raise and 7 year contract?  If so Id bet Gus can pull it off. 

Dang... I need to get out of here. This thread has gone to a dark place. I said 9-3 with losses to UW, UGA, and Bama. Seems to make the most sense but we could always lose another game in there as well. 

I see an 8-4 season with losses to A&M, UGA, Bama, and either Tennessee or LSU. I know people think we can win on the road vs. Georgia next year because they're losing so many seniors...but UGA is reloading not rebuilding (must be nice *sigh*). They'll also have Jake Fromm under center...so the realist in me doesn't see an Auburn win.

Forgive the diversion, but not worth a separate thread:

Can someone educate me as to what means "TL;DR?"

9 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

I see an 8-4 season with losses to A&M, UGA, Bama, and either Tennessee or LSU. I know people think we can win on the road vs. Georgia next year because they're losing so many seniors...but UGA is reloading not rebuilding (must be nice *sigh*). They'll also have Jake Fromm under center...so the realist in me doesn't see an Auburn win.

Truth is, AU is in the same position in terms of player turnover.  With all the top 10 classes Gus has churned out (even since the Chiz days) AU is reloading every bit as much as thUga & anyone else outside of west Vance.

The problem is that the gun is being used by the shakiest gun in the west (Division).  

or

He's trying to put .357 Magnum rounds into a .22 pea-shooter.

or

He's bringing a knife to a gun-fight.

etc.

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Truth is, AU is in the same position in terms of player turnover.  With all the top 10 classes Gus has churned out (even since the Chiz days) AU is reloading every bit as much as thUga & anyone else outside of west Vance.

The problem is that the gun is being used by the shakiest gun in the west (Division).  

or

He's trying to put .357 Magnum rounds into a .22 pea-shooter.

or

He's bringing a knife to a gun-fight.

etc.

Theater issue is that the other too recruiting teams are also bringing along all that young elite talent while Gus is known, ateast offensively, to be unable to coach up and develop any O player. QB and WR and OL are the obvious major issues

14 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Don’t underestimate the RBs UGA will have to replace Chubb/Sony(sp). They’ve recruited some studs at RB. Plus by the time we play them....they’ll have played a number of games and will not be “green.” They’ll be replacing a lot but are loaded with talent. 

This is why Auburn needs Florida and Tennessee to get better FAST! We can’t be the only team in the SEC that’s a threat to Bama and UGA. 

With Mullen at Florida and Jimbo at aTm I expect the ability of Saban and Smart to dominate in recruiting to take a hit.  If Pruitt turns out to be a good coach at UT then even better for Auburn.  Auburn, Bama, and aTm should control the west the next couple years.  Arkansas will get better, Ole Miss is 5 years out from being where they were.  Miss State all depends on the new coach.  LSU will continue to decline till Orgeron is fired in 2 years.  If the East can get it’s act together the SEC could turn into its own worst enemy.

13 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

With Mullen at Florida and Jimbo at aTm I expect the ability of Saban and Smart to dominate in recruiting to take a hit.  If Pruitt turns out to be a good coach at UT then even better for Auburn.  Auburn, Bama, and aTm should control the west the next couple years.  Arkansas will get better, Ole Miss is 5 years out from being where they were.  Miss State all depends on the new coach.  LSU will continue to decline till Orgeron is fired in 2 years.  If the East can get it’s act together the SEC could turn into its own worst enemy.

I don't expect Bama to take much of a hit and Kirby is just getting started. The state of Georgia is very rich in recruits and with it only being his 2nd year and already reaching the NC game...he's in the driver's seat just like Saban. I think Kirby will have a chance to take 2-3 of Saban's targets b/c it's a similar ran program as Bama but with a more likable coach than Saban. A&M should certainly be able to get good talent in quickly with Jimbo.

UT and Florida may take 2-3 years b/c those programs are in a mess. They both need big impact QBs IMO to make a quick turnaround and to pick up recruiting to be a threat to Saban & Kirby early on.

• 4 weeks later...

well a few weeks later, 8-4 seems to be the consensus. I am pretty much in agreement.

granted sports can be very cyclical, but once you double down like we did on head coach, its just a obvious loser. dont get it. werent we already paying him to do what he finally did this year. hellooooooooooooooooo people. 1 out of 4. not good results. now 2 out of 5 and gets doubled!!  I am a pessimist but 40% in any other world, including football, would not guarantee a pump dick up Margot Robbie's whateverthehell,  we gave him. Maybe AD Greene has the answers, but I think we shell too much out.

Need immediate results and we already play into lower expectations. No more.

Grimes work the damn OLine now. Or we will suck. 

10 hours ago, beaumak said:

well a few weeks later, 8-4 seems to be the consensus. I am pretty much in agreement.

granted sports can be very cyclical, but once you double down like we did on head coach, its just a obvious loser. dont get it. werent we already paying him to do what he finally did this year. hellooooooooooooooooo people. 1 out of 4. not good results. now 2 out of 5 and gets doubled!!  I am a pessimist but 40% in any other world, including football, would not guarantee a pump dick up Margot Robbie's whateverthehell,  we gave him. Maybe AD Greene has the answers, but I think we shell too much out.

Need immediate results and we already play into lower expectations. No more.

Grimes work the damn OLine now. Or we will suck. 

Well, considering the only other input in this thread was when we were pouting over the bowl game, I think the knee-jerk reactions have subsided a bit. We should settle for nothing short of 9-3.

And to AUGunsmith, we did not need "luck" this past season. If anything, the breaks mainly went against us. And we still won 10 games.

Archived