2018 Regular Season Projection

beaumak

Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Regular Season Wins Granted team is still to be determined by some personnel

• 6-6 or less = Bye Gus! Gosh we love throwing money around!
    • 7-5 = Good lord hit with another fungus. Really Gus? How shall we treat the next case of ringworm?
    • 8-4 = Rebuilding right?!? But the recruits look good.
    • 9-3 = It is what it is. no more no less.
    • 10-2 = Solid but with what ifs. DO we get scared and extend yet again?
    • 11-1 = Sitting pretty. Let's go ahead and double down from last year, 14 years $98 million
    • 12-0 = "$100 billion dollars". Gus for life!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 01:30 AM

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

It is not that you criticize the program. Everyone does at some point. But you seem to interject something negative about Malzahn even in threads or chats (see above) where Malzahn is not even the subject. And if you can't find a thread to crap on with a Malzahn comment, you start your own.

OK then.   Gus is great.  We will win the SECCG next year and compete for the National Championship Game.  Gus is great.  Is this what you want from every poster who believes like you do?

wde

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

OK then.   Gus is great.  We will win the SECCG next year and compete for the National Championship Game.  Gus is great.  Is this what you want from every poster who believes like you do?

wde

Perfect. 

6 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Perfect. 

You are so weak.  Did you attend AU and really graduate from AU?  Just asking.

Are you a real grad or just a message board fan boy?

wde

15 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

What is the relevance of whether I attended Auburn or not? My attending Auburn has no bearing on your continued belittlement of Malzahn.

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

What is the relevance of whether I attended Auburn or not? My attending Auburn has no bearing on your continued belittlement of Malzahn.

This is what I thought.  I graduated from AU in 1986 with a degree in biology (Marine Biology specifically).  I love AU.  You love Auburn football.  Back away.

You are just an AU Athletics fan person.  That is OK.  Just admit it.

wde

And I graduated from Auburn in "83 with a BA and in '86 with a Masters in Historic Preservation. Still has no bearing on your manner of posting

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

And I graduated from Auburn in "83 with a BA and in '86 with a Masters in Historic Preservation. Still has no bearing on your manner of posting

Outstanding.  I just needed to know what type of person I was dealing with.  Take care.

18 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

<shrugs shoulders> Moves on.

If you never thinks it matters whether you have a degree from AU on an AU message board then.......

wde

17 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

If you never thinks it matters whether you have a degree from AU on an AU message board then.......

wde

It doesn’t matter actually. You’re a troll. 

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

It doesn’t matter actually. You’re a troll. 

LOL,  you are a troll if you think it should not matter.

wde

Just now, AUIH1 said:

wde

You caught me, I’m a troll. 

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Surprised you’re still posting with UGA’s spring game on TV right now.

Just now, ClaytonAU said:

Surprised you’re still posting with UGA’s spring game on TV right now.

Not watching and don't care since I am an AU Grad.  

wde

26 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

Please explain how it matters.  I personally think elitist opinions and attitudes like that are pathetic.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Please explain how it matters.  I personally think elitist opinions and attitudes like that are pathetic.

Bingo. Didn’t realize that AUF’s rules were you had to be a grad in order to post.

Too late for the poll but on regular season wins for our AU Tigers in 2018...

Kevin Steele's stout AU defense sets the tone early and carries AU past the Washington Huskies in a low scoring affair.  The rebuilt offensive line gels by game three against LSU and now veteran QB Stidham and AU's receivers step up.   Running back is by committee early on.

Our Tigers go 8-0 through the Ole Miss game.  Three of the last four** (home vs aTm, away vs UGA and bammer) tell the tale of the season. AU takes two of those to finish the regular season 11-1.  Final record? Depending on whether or not our Tigers make the SECCG, 11-2 to 13-1.

**I count Liberty on November 17th as a scrimmage. If AU loses that game, well...we ain't even gonna consider that.

On 4/21/2018 at 2:22 PM, AUIH1 said:

Outstanding.  I just needed to know what type of person I was dealing with.  Take care.

The fact that you think that determines the "type of person you are dealing with"  - says a lot about you my friend.  No piece of paper on a wall or color of jersey you are wearing (either in the stands, in your living room, or on the field) determines anything about the "type of person" that you are dealing with.   But the fact that you allow such trivial things to determine your perspective on the quality of a person - points out that your reality is greatly skewed.  

Just my early thoughts. I believe this might be the best defense we have had at AU. The front seven on defense are as good as anyone in the country. I think the offense under a seasoned JS will look a lot better than what we saw at ADay. I think we will see a better rotation at RB than we have under Gus so far. I think CTH realizes that is what is needed. I think Willis will get more confidence with more playing time and J G will redshirt. I think our special team will look much better this year. Not pumping sunshine just stating what I see at present. Also think with JS coming back offense will be better early on than in years passed. My guess is 11-1  with 12-0 possible. I think uat has problems brewing. Look for them to finish 9-3 or worse in regular season. Uga will not be as good as last year. Their loss of the two RBs will alter their offense a lot. UW won’t beat us. LSU won’t be as good as last year. Jimbo is a year or two away from making an impact. TIFWIW. War Eagle !

21 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Too late for the poll but on regular season wins for our AU Tigers in 2018...

Kevin Steele's stout AU defense sets the tone early and carries AU past the Washington Huskies in a low scoring affair.  The rebuilt offensive line gels by game three against LSU and now veteran QB Stidham and AU's receivers step up.   Running back is by committee early on.

Our Tigers go 8-0 through the Ole Miss game.  Three of the last four** (home vs aTm, away vs UGA and bammer) tell the tale of the season. AU takes two of those to finish the regular season 11-1.  Final record? Depending on whether or not our Tigers make the SECCG, 11-2 to 13-1.

**I count Liberty on November 17th as a scrimmage. If AU loses that game, well...we ain't even gonna consider that.

It's insane how much Steele's defense has been able to carry this team. Even the one year Muschamp was here has drastically shifted our fate. Now if only we could have a less predictable offense we would be rolling.

On 4/21/2018 at 3:09 PM, bigbird said:

Well that is disappointing, I feel anyone with less than 2 degrees from Auburn should not have a voice. Perhaps you should put a red scarlet A under their user name to identify these people. One bachelors degree from Auburn or less....... might as well be UAT sidewalk peasants. I'm pretty sure something about the number of degrees and treatment is in the Creed, that part about human touch I think.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:50 PM, AUIH1 said:

wde

Is this really necessary? This post will be locked in 3-2-1...

Archived