2018 Regular Season Projection

beaumak

Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Regular Season Wins Granted team is still to be determined by some personnel

• 6-6 or less = Bye Gus! Gosh we love throwing money around!
    • 7-5 = Good lord hit with another fungus. Really Gus? How shall we treat the next case of ringworm?
    • 8-4 = Rebuilding right?!? But the recruits look good.
    • 9-3 = It is what it is. no more no less.
    • 10-2 = Solid but with what ifs. DO we get scared and extend yet again?
    • 11-1 = Sitting pretty. Let's go ahead and double down from last year, 14 years $98 million
    • 12-0 = "$100 billion dollars". Gus for life!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 01:30 AM

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see here

The lone open date on the schedule will be Oct. 27.

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta)   Loss
Sept. 8: vs. Alabama State   Win
Sept. 15: vs. LSU    Win
Sept. 22: vs. Arkansas   Win
Sept. 29: vs. Southern Miss   Win
Oct. 6: at Mississippi State   Win
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee   Loss ( This may surprise some but I expect Pruitt will have the defense ready to play.  He has seen this offense enough )
Oct. 20: at Ole Miss   Win
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M  Loss ( Talent is there but Sumlin couldn't extract it )
Nov. 10: at Georgia   Loss
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty   Really
Nov. 24: at Alabama   Loss

I hope I am wrong but if everything stays the same as far as scheme, playcalling, roster management etc. then I see 7-5.  Especially with new RB's that are unproven. 

My possible losses are UW, UGA and UA. Yes this goes against my SEC championship expectation . No longer expecting that sadly. Think we can 9 games though.

21 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Lets see here

The lone open date on the schedule will be Oct. 27.

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta)   Loss
Sept. 15: vs. LSU    Win
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee   Loss ( This may surprise some but I expect Pruitt will have the defense ready to play.  He has seen this offense enough )
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M  Loss ( Talent is there but Sumlin couldn't extract it )
Nov. 10: at Georgia   Loss
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty   Really
Nov. 24: at Alabama   Loss

I hope I am wrong but if everything stays the same as far as scheme, playcalling, roster management etc. then I see 7-5.  Especially with new RB's that are unproven. 

Agree with all except for Tenn. 

We'll likely lose to UW, Georgia (even losing all gazillion of their seniors), and Bama. I think LSU and A&M are toss-ups with us winning one and losing the other.

8-4 and 3rd in the West at worst. 9-3 and 2nd in the West at best. :/

I'm not sure why everyone is chalking UW up as a loss... Did you watch their bowl game?  I was not impressed. Everything they did that was positive was straight out of the sandlot, and they still couldn't pull off a win. The only way I think it will be a guaranteed win is if we have to totally rebuild our offense.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

I'm not sure why everyone is chalking UW up as a loss... Did you watch their bowl game?  I was not impressed. Everything they did that was positive was straight out of the sandlot, and they still couldn't pull off a win. The only way I think it will be a guaranteed win is if we have to totally rebuild our offense.

Did you see our bowl game?  It was coached by the same guy that goes into the season not having an identity on offense for the last 3 seasons. 

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Did you see our bowl game?  It was coached by the same guy that goes into the season not having an identity on offense for the last 3 seasons. 

Yea, I know... you hate Gus.  Thanks for the repetition of input to the conversation.

11 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Their bowl game?!

Just now, lionheartkc said:

Yea, I know... you hate Gus.  Thanks for the repetition of input to the conversation.

Ya know, I don’t hate Gus, I just don’t make excuses for him like you do. It gets old after 3 years of mediocrity.

Just now, DAG said:

Their bowl game?!

Yes... their bowl game... you know, the Fiesta Bowl... the one where Penn State handled them relatively easily.

Yes... their bowl game... you know, the Fiesta Bowl... the one where Penn State handled them relatively easily.

And we lost to freaking UCF. Penn state would've beat our asses too. 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ya know, I don’t hate Gus, I just don’t make excuses for him like you do. It gets old after 3 years of mediocrity.

This board sucks when we close the season out badly.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I love how you and your ilk throw that word around.  Last year #2 in the SEC was mediocre. This year a 10 win regular season while beating the #1 team in the country twice in 3 weeks, when those teams happened to be our biggest rivals, and playing in the SEC championship game is mediocre.  I swear, if we win the National Championship under Gus, some of you will bitch that we didn't win by enough points.

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

The score was 35-28 . Clearly beat them easily 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And we lost to freaking UCF. Penn state would've beat our asses too. 

Penn State may have beaten us... they did have one of the most dynamic players in college football... but that doesn't take away from the fact that Washington looked bad and everyone posting here is ready to hand them a win.

Did you watch the game? I did. 

And Washington had a chance to tie the game on the last drive , a small chance but they still had a chance. In what world is that getting handled ? 

Clemson vs Alabama? That is getting handled 

How many years will it realistically take to get rid of Gus if need be? With damn near everyone going pro, my hopes are...not high, with WDEWDE saying he thinks Stidham goes. I’d say 2019 could be big things, but I just don’t think he has enough incentive at this moment with that HUGE contract.

Honestly, it doesn’t seem like the RBs coming in are the elite backs we need. And Miller, Barrett and (Kamryn) Martin don’t seem like every down backs. There’s a very good chance I’m wrong, though.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

And Washington had a chance to tie the game on the last drive , a small chance but they still had a chance. In what world is that getting handled ? 

Clemson vs Alabama? That is getting handled 

Again... did you watch the game? The majority of their productivity was on trick plays. When they started the game trying to just play football, they couldn't even move the ball. But yea, you're right, they are so much better than us because you aren't happy that we lost to UCF.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

How many years will it realistically take to get rid of Gus if need be? With damn near everyone going pro, my hopes are...not high. I’d say 2019 could be big things, but I just don’t think he has enough incentive at this moment with that HUGE contract.

I actually hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe he will be our coach at the start of the 2020 season.

11-1...Loss to Bama... 10-2... lose to Bama and UGA or LSU.

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta)  Win(by 20 or more)
Sept. 15: vs. LSU    Win (Close At Home)
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee Win (by 14+)
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M  Win
Nov. 10: at Georgia   Win (Do I need to say why)
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty   (Who?)
Nov. 24: at Alabama   Loss (hate to say it but if Tua is starting, they are undefeated) plus they had a lot of young guys forced to play due to injuries and that only makes next year better. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I actually hope I’m wrong but I don’t believe he will be our coach at the start of the 2020 season.

That seems likely. Kiffin 2020!

^I don’t see any way we beat Washington.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Again... did you watch the game? The majority of their productivity was on trick plays. When they started the game trying to just play football, they couldn't even move the ball. But yea, you're right, they are so much better than us because you aren't happy that we lost to UCF.

So what ? They were still down by a touchdown. Look at you getting emotional. Never said they were so much better . What I am saying is it is laughable that you are unimpressed by them losing to penn state when we lost to UCF.

Archived