2018 Regular Season Projection

beaumak

Fun 2018 Regular Season Projection  

54 members have voted

1. 1. How many Regular Season Wins Granted team is still to be determined by some personnel

• 6-6 or less = Bye Gus! Gosh we love throwing money around!
    • 7-5 = Good lord hit with another fungus. Really Gus? How shall we treat the next case of ringworm?
    • 8-4 = Rebuilding right?!? But the recruits look good.
    • 9-3 = It is what it is. no more no less.
    • 10-2 = Solid but with what ifs. DO we get scared and extend yet again?
    • 11-1 = Sitting pretty. Let's go ahead and double down from last year, 14 years $98 million
    • 12-0 = "$100 billion dollars". Gus for life!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/11/2018 at 01:30 AM

2 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Yea... getting that bama back may be a pipe dream. Too much money involved for that to happen again. Still them being on a normal plane again would suffice.

Who knows, one or two bad hires can cripple any team. Money doesn't always mean winning. Dabo could sink there.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Zeek said:

Who knows, one or two bad hires can cripple any team. Money doesn't always mean winning. Dabo could sink there.

Dabo... heck, the REC's gonna try to buy Belichick when Saban leaves.

1 minute ago, lionheartkc said:

Dabo... heck, the REC's gonna try to buy Belichick when Saban leaves.

I was about to be snarky about Belicheck's personality not being able to recruit...then I realized he wouldn't even need to be able to recruit! Boy would he have a fun time bending the rules at the rule breaking sanctuary in Tusca.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I was about to be snarky about Belicheck's personality not being able to recruit...then I realized he wouldn't even need to be able to recruit! Boy would he have a fun time bending the rules at the rule breaking sanctuary in Tusca.

Want to like that post, but I so don't like that post.......

The longer Saban stays there, the less likely Dabo is to come IMO. Basically, it might be for the best if Saban stays for another decade.

On 4/12/2018 at 11:43 AM, LKEEL75 said:

I won't say 'No Way', but I just can't see why Dabo would ever go to UAt.  He has everything he could want at Clemson.

Right. Why leave coaching against ACC  teams for a school where the teams you would face in your own division are better than any you face in the ACC. Unless it is either the Momma calling thing or a desire to prove he can win somewhere besides Clemson.

Washington could be a slugfest 24-14 Auburn

Alabama St blowout

LSU finish the job 41 - 10 Auburn

Arkansas is 2 years away from decent 55 -21

SoMiss hangs around early 42-17 Auburn

@Miss St could be interesting 31-17 Auburn

UT has 2:30 cbs written on it 35-20 Auburn

@Ole Miss can still score 63 -28 Auburn

TaMu makes me nervous 35-28 Auburn

@UGA will be a classic 31-24 Auburn

Liberty “Auburn?!” Said like Trump

@Bama defense vs defense 18-17 Auburn

SEC Champ game Auburn beats UF 38-34

1st rd Auburn beats Clemson 20-7

Championship Auburn over OSU 42-24

Or 6-6 with losses to UW, UGA, Bama, TaMu, LSU, and Miss State

5 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Washington could be a slugfest 24-14 Auburn

Alabama St blowout

LSU finish the job 41 - 10 Auburn

Arkansas is 2 years away from decent 55 -21

SoMiss hangs around early 42-17 Auburn

@Miss St could be interesting 31-17 Auburn

UT has 2:30 cbs written on it 35-20 Auburn

@Ole Miss can still score 63 -28 Auburn

TaMu makes me nervous 35-28 Auburn

@UGA will be a classic 31-24 Auburn

Liberty “Auburn?!” Said like Trump

@Bama defense vs defense 18-17 Auburn

SEC Champ game Auburn beats UF 38-34

1st rd Auburn beats Clemson 20-7

Championship Auburn over OSU 42-24

Or 6-6 with losses to UW, UGA, Bama, TaMu, LSU, and Miss State

Look in the dictionary for pipedream and this comes up.

I am going out on a limb but one I think is stronger than most think. We go 12-0 and shock the football world and Gus is the NCAA Coach of the year. We will have some close nail biters but will pull it off in fine fashion!

On 4/14/2018 at 11:44 AM, WFE12 said:

Look in the dictionary for pipedream and this comes up.

As Corso would say "not so fast".  It could happen folks.

5 hours ago, doc4aday said:

As Corso would say "not so fast".  It could happen folks.

If we go 6-6 CGM will be ran out of town. Also, Lee Corso is a goof.

• WarTiger changed the title to 2018 Regular Season Projection
8 hours ago, DAG said:

I like old Lee even if he is a goof.  He is right just enough to keep folks interest.  I agree if we go 6-6 CGM will be on thin ice and a very hot seat. I do not see him being fired if he goes 6-6 because of he high $$$$$$$ contract but if 2019 is bad, then we part ways. Honestly though, I think we will do fine in 2018 and win a lot of games. I like to dream and go out on a limb, but in all likelihood, we go 9-3 or 10-2 IMHO.

9 hours ago, DAG said:

We won't got 6-6, but we will go closer to that than 10-2.  We damn sure are not beating uga and spuat next year.  It is just not in Gus.

wde

21 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

We damn sure are not beating uga and spuat next year.  It is just not in Gus.

wde

Last year proves you wrong.

39 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Last year proves you wrong.

Where did we play?

I have very little trust in Gus in Baton Rouge, Athens or Tuscaloosa.

When has not Gus sucked at any one of those venues?

wde

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:51 PM, SumterAubie said:

Right. Why leave coaching against ACC  teams for a school where the teams you would face in your own division are better than any you face in the ACC. Unless it is either the Momma calling thing or a desire to prove he can win somewhere besides Clemson.

This doesn't explain why Jimbo would go to TAM. Guess it was better facilities.

3 hours ago, ChltteTiger said:

This doesn't explain why Jimbo would go to TAM. Guess it was better facilities.

A $75 million contract, guaranteed money,  over 10 years explains why Fisher would go to A&M

2 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

A $75 million contract, guaranteed money,  over 10 years explains why Fisher would go to A&M

Why would AU ever offer Gus 49 mil over seven years?  An idiot AD is the answer.

wde

3 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Why would AU ever offer Gus 49 mil over seven years?  An idiot AD is the answer.

wde

Why do you have to bring Auburn and Malzahn into a conversation about Fisher and A&M? Go somewhere else to feed your hatred of Auburn and Malzahn.

1 minute ago, SumterAubie said:

Why do you have to bring Auburn and Malzahn into a conversation about Fisher and A&M? Go somewhere else to feed your hatred of Auburn and Malzahn.

Because this is an AU board.  Why not make the comparison?  If you think I hate AU  and even Gus for that matter then your IQ must be in single digits.

wde

Jimbo having a nasty public divorce and not getting what he wanted from the FSU AD probably didn’t hurt leaving either.

7 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Because this is an AU board.  Why not make the comparison?  If you think I hate AU  and even Gus for that matter then your IQ must be in single digits.

wde

Right. This is an Auburn board. But your shtick is old. . You come off as a bitter old man with the constant criticism of Malzahn/Auburn.

18 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Right. This is an Auburn board. But your shtick is old. . You come off as a bitter old man with the constant criticism of Malzahn/Auburn.

And you come across as a wuss who can't take any stress in your life like someone like me criticizing your favorite football program.  Did you even attend or graduate from AU?  I did both.

I love and support AU and have since I graduated from AU in 1986. Both by sending money, attending sporting events and even sending my oldest child to AU from out of state.

I rarely criticize AU as an institution.   I frequently criticize head football coaches and assistant coaches who are not earning their pay.

wde

17 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

And you come across as a wuss who can't take any stress in your life like someone like me criticizing your favorite football program.  Did you even attend or graduate from AU?  I did both.

wde

It is not that you criticize the program. Everyone does at some point. But you seem to interject something negative about Malzahn even in threads or chats (see above) where Malzahn is not even the subject. And if you can't find a thread to crap on with a Malzahn comment, you start your own.

Archived