I am so happy with AU basketball right now

doverstutts

back when all of the crap came out, I was just sick, literally sick about it and that is no exaggeration.   I was afraid the whole AD was headed down the s****ter with the usual Malzahn debacle coming in the football season.   He managed to have a decent season, but did not reach the full potential for the team, but he did beat the updykes and Ugay, so he got a pass.  I was so afraid that we were going lose bruce and this season,a season that i have been looking forward to for a year, and it would be just another disaster that is AU basketball .  If this bunch continues to grow in their basketball IQ, i honestly think this team will surpass any expectations that even the most  optimistic  AU fan had.  This is fun, because i love good basketball, and winning is making me giddy.   A Bruce Pearl coached team is not going to look pretty for 40 minutes because of his style of play, but if they just play smart, we could be this years version of south carolina...i know, a bit overboard, but they beat a good team last night at their place

I'm really excited about this team and the way they are playing, but I'm trying to be level headed about it. This team has a size disadvantage still, and while we've been able to overcome that all year, we're about to run into several teams that are as aggressive on the boards and bigger than us. We won that game last night on the offensive boards IMO, but I think we need to become a little more efficient offensively. And I'm still worried about our post depth. We almost saw it bite us last night, and there's no real remedy for that besides hoping Wiley returns.

Still, this has been a fantastic start to what almost was a disaster of a season. Hope the guys can continue to scrap and fight and rebound and defend the way they have these first 14 games.

We most likely (barring injuries) will not miss purifoy this season. His absence will not be missed. BUT MAN OH MAN!!! If we had wiley this is a sure fire ncaa tourney team with the ability to get to the sweet 16!!! He is the missing piece to take us to the next level!!!! We will feel his absence against the TAMU's of the league who have big frontlines. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

We most likely (barring injuries) will not miss purifoy this season. His absence will not be missed. BUT MAN OH MAN!!! If we had wiley this is a sure fire ncaa tourney team with the ability to get to the sweet 16!!! He is the missing piece to take us to the next level!!!! We will feel his absence against the TAMU's of the league who have big frontlines. 

Wth did you drink- this plus the woodson posts? Did you get hacked

1 minute ago, Auhud08 said:

Wth did you drink- this plus the woodson posts? Did you get hacked

iVHfwLc.gif

While I get how people think we won't miss Danjel I'm of the opinion he would've shown the same type of growth in his game as Harper or Brown or Anfernee or Heron. Everyone is playing better and SMARTER (key word). Danjel with increased bball IQ/experience would be a big boost. Last year Heron also didn't play very smart but the game has slowed down for him some and he's making the right plays. I suspect Danjel would've been the same. I just don't think you lose a guy at 6'7 with an NBA body that can shoot and also put the ball on the floor and say we won't miss him. A year of experience like last year could've done wonders for his game just like it has for pretty much everyone else on the team.

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

While I get how people think we won't miss Danjel I'm of the opinion he would've shown the same type of growth in his game as Harper or Brown or Anfernee or Heron. Everyone is playing better and SMARTER (key word). Danjel with increased bball IQ/experience would be a big boost. Last year Heron also didn't play very smart but the game has slowed down for him some and he's making the right plays. I suspect Danjel would've been the same. I just don't think you lose a guy at 6'7 with an NBA body that can shoot and also put the ball on the floor and say we won't miss him. A year of experience like last year could've done wonders for his game just like it has for pretty much everyone else on the team.

That is a fantastic point.  I've had in my head, last years out of position, gimpy and young Purifoy.  If he improved like the others noticeably have, then he would be one hell of an addition.  Also ... I still think spencer has the potential to play the 4, If Wiley comes back.  Which along with Dunbar/Murray could slide Purifoy back up to the 3, which everyone says would make a difference in his game.  Everyone is playing with more confidence this year.  A confidant, in-position, healthy and more experienced Purifoy could possibly really shine.

Could you imagine trotting a team out on the floor that has 5-6 guys scoring in double figures every game.  Every person on the floor can take the ball to the rim.  Everyone but spencer can shoot the 3.  Long and athletic at most positions and where we aren't, we are very quick.  

I sure wish those guys can make it back this week.

17 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

That is a fantastic point.  I've had in my head, last years out of position, gimpy and young Purifoy.  If he improved like the others noticeably have, then he would be one hell of an addition.  Also ... I still think spencer has the potential to play the 4, If Wiley comes back.  Which along with Dunbar/Murray could slide Purifoy back up to the 3, which everyone says would make a difference in his game.  Everyone is playing with more confidence this year.  A confidant, in-position, healthy and more experienced Purifoy could possibly really shine.

Could you imagine trotting a team out on the floor that has 5-6 guys scoring in double figures every game.  Every person on the floor can take the ball to the rim.  Everyone but spencer can shoot the 3.  Long and athletic at most positions and where we aren't, we are very quick.  

I sure wish those guys can make it back this week.

I am seriously drooling at the thought of our team at full strength

Archived