auburnphan

Woodson New Coach

On 1/5/2018 at 10:49 PM, tigereye78 said:

I'm sure I don't know all the strategies and techniques involved but from a non coaches' perspective it seems to be a recurring issue. Catches by the opposing teams receivers when our DB's back is turned seem to be a recurring theme. If it's a coaching issue and can be corrected; it hopefully will be soon.

Playing the receiver (ie: face-guarding) is banned in the NFL for a reason: it is generally a superior technique compared to "playing the ball".  Do people not understand this? 

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Terry Daniel

Dude kicked wounded ducks further than anybody else kicked perfect spirals.  Best punter I ever saw in person.

Hands down. And he and Etheridge were the best combo I ever saw. Etheridge got the game winners against UF and bama in JH in '93. Damn good fall to be a freshman in the stands behind the goalpost.

• Love 1

On 1/10/2018 at 7:24 PM, bigbird said:

It's hard to catch tipped passes in man coverage. 

So do you favor some sort of zone or a mix? Thanks for your input. Also I probably meant more about awareness and following the ball. Sometimes players are not watching the ball much.

Edited by Eagle Eye 7

28 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

So do you favor some sort of zone or a mix? Thanks for your input. Also I probably meant more about awareness and following the ball. Sometimes players are not watching the ball much.

It depends on the athlete. Some are better at man and some are better at zone. Think of Revis, he is a beast at man coverage, but gets lost and picked on in zone.

• Thanks 1

Memphis had 16 interceptions to our 6 I know the opponents are vastly different but interesting nonetheless :dunno:

On 1/10/2018 at 11:08 PM, metafour said:

Playing the receiver (ie: face-guarding) is banned in the NFL for a reason: it is generally a superior technique compared to "playing the ball".  Do people not understand this? 

It may be "superior technique"; but as I stated the end result of that face guarding technique has not been a successful one for Auburn DBs. If its not used in the NFL and our DBs are poorly executing it to the point we get burned for easy TDs; then a change in technique seems to be an obvious answer. Teach the DBs to play the ball and good things will happen; in my opinion. I suppose we are all supposed to be defensive masterminds who are up to date with all the latest techniques. Your condescension is laughable. Lol. War Eagle Sir.

Edited by tigereye78
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2018 at 8:23 PM, abw0004 said:

Anyone with better knowledge have thoughts on this guy?  Is he a good recruiter?  Good developer?  I assume he will help with the defensive backs.  

Outstanding recruiter. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/12/2018 at 9:10 AM, bigbird said:

It depends on the athlete. Some are better at man and some are better at zone. Think of Revis, he is a beast at man coverage, but gets lost and picked on in zone.

Nnamdi Asomugha also comes to mind.

• Like 1