New AD

auburn4ever

a4ever, looks like a lot of silence on this subject. Evidently some of our insiders ain't as inside as they thought or the new regime has better security! LOL

2 hours ago, warhogone said:

a4ever, looks like a lot of silence on this subject. Evidently some of our insiders ain't as inside as they thought or the new regime has better security! LOL

It's also a timing issue. Campus doesn't really crank back up in full force until Monday. Expect something in the next week or two if things progress as smoothly as I'm hearing. I am an insider of sorts (been on staff for 11 years and connected a little bit)...but I'm not God or Jesus or even Chuck Norris.

44 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

It's also a timing issue. Campus doesn't really crank back up in full force until Monday. Expect something in the next week or two if things progress as smoothly as I'm hearing. I am an insider of sorts (been on staff for 11 years and connected a little bit)...but I'm not God or Jesus or even Chuck Norris.

Correct me if wrong, but I've heard we are basically down to two.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Is that a hint?

Is CHUCK NORRIS up for the job?!?!

WAR EAGLE!! 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Correct me if wrong, but I've heard we are basically down to two.

That's what I'm being told.

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

It's also a timing issue. Campus doesn't really crank back up in full force until Monday. Expect something in the next week or two if things progress as smoothly as I'm hearing. I am an insider of sorts (been on staff for 11 years and connected a little bit)...but I'm not God or Jesus or even Chuck Norris Wade Christopher.

FIFY...:Sing:

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

I posted this today, January 5th. That's why it didn't work out.

I posted on Jan 4th, that we will have an announcement by Jan 1st.  

Get it now??? Lol 

Mullens does have an impressive resume. And he is from WV...so he is very far from his roots. But his name came out of left field. Where did this name come from? Last names mentioned were Ethridge and Hartwell from UT St.

And please quit throwing out Tim Jackson's name. I havent even had breakfast...and no way the PTB would select a guy super close to JJ..as the next AD. Last thing that 99% of fans want..

On 1/6/2018 at 8:54 AM, MCPeePants said:

So Mckenna-Doyle is out of the running.  Sad; I was hoping we would take an innovative approach here.

I was hoping she'd take the job, but that would have involved her taking a pay cut of an almost unimaginable magnitude. The best we could do would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/3 of her current deal. Few people can or will do something like that. I don't think Auburn can be blamed for that situation.

PS: No, I don't have numbers, I don't have a link. What I do have is a relative in that industry that made an educated guess about what it would cost Mckenna-Doyle to accept the AU job.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I was hoping she'd take the job, but that would have involved her taking a pay cut of an almost unimaginable magnitude. The best we could do would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 1/3 of her current deal. Few people can or will do something like that. I don't think Auburn can be blamed for that situation.

PS: No, I don't have numbers, I don't have a link. What I do have is a relative in that industry that made an educated guess about what it would cost Mckenna-Doyle to accept the AU job.

1/3? Was she making over 1+ million a year? No wonder she would have a hard time taking the job...

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, warhogone said:

Yeah, and it's usually comments such as this one that hinder those who ARE somewhat in the know from sharing information. I don't blame them.

31 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Great info.  Thanks for the insight!

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

1/3? Was she making over 1+ million a year? No wonder she would have a hard time taking the job...

1/3 was someone's informed opinion. He has no interest in Auburn University or athletics in general other than the TV/film angle of professional sports. I see no reason why his guess wouldn't be in the ballpark but I myself know little to nothing abut the business end of it.

Ray Anderson who was NFL Executive VP of Football Operations, left that post in January of 2014 to become AD at Arizona State.  That was the last year the NFL held non-profit status and had to disclose executive salaries...

(form 990 here http://990s.foundationcenter.org/990_pdf_archive/131/131922622/131922622_201503_990O.pdf see page 7)

...at that time he was making a little over $1.5 Million in total compensation with the league.  I realize all circumstances are different, but I doubt seriously that McKenna-Doyle actually withdrew from consideration (and for compensation reasons).  Anderson now draws an annual salary of $642,000.

"Anderson acknowledged he was taking a pay cut to come to ASU. 'What makes up for it (making less) is the opportunity to have a real impact and be a real influencer,' the 59-year-old said."    http://archive.azcentral.com/sports/asu/articles/20140114asu-athletic-director-ray-anderson-proposed-contract.html

Archived