Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

7 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I had no idea you moved! 

Yeah. I didn't talk about it too much ahead of time. 

But if you ever come back to Hilton Head...

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Year graduated: 2012

48 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah. I didn't talk about it too much ahead of time. 

But if you ever come back to Hilton Head...

Seriously though. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that adaptability is one of your stronger attributes, so I have no doubt you will soon  enough be the corn hole king of Hilton Head... Just gotta bring some of that cool with you. 

21 hours ago, WarNole said:

Male

Northwest Florida - grew up in Century, Fl.

1968 MBA

My high school guidance counselor suggested I should major in Marine Biology because my grades were below 'C' level.

I grew up in Century FL. Grad in '90. Left in the USAF in 91 and landed in Crestview 22 years later. 

27 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Seriously though. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that adaptability is one of your stronger attributes, so I have no doubt you will soon  enough be the corn hole king of Hilton Head... Just gotta bring some of that cool with you. 

Kinder words than you know, my friend.

And, yep, seriously though!

Age 34

Male 

Reside in Lafayette, Louisiana

2005 cum laude grad from Huntingdon College. I preferred a small college atmosphere. It worked well for me. I met my wife there, helped work in the Casting dept. when Big Fish filmed there, got a trip to London through the school where I proposed to my wife at Stonehenge, and got to see several "Broadway" productions in London. 

My dad is a 1981 alumnus from Auburn in Aerospace Engineering. That is where my love for Auburn originated.  First game was against Akron in 89 or 90.

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

What?    did you think you were debating a bunch of teenagers?    

I expected....more older and more younger....not so many in the middle age group.  Though....guess if you look at the bell shaped curve, it is obvious that time is working against those in my demographic when we start having 50 year+ reunions for things...:)..and talking about Jimmy Sidle and Tucker ....  Ken Rice..... Zeke Smith, etc.

And of  course there was Joe Childress who grew up about 10 miles from me in Baldwin County when I was a kid in the 1950s.   He was the first great Auburn running back and All American player I heard of ......an outstanding NFL player too.......a guy most current Auburn fans never heard of because he died at age of 52.  .  . 

I remember Childress single-handedly wrecking Miami. He must have carried the ball 40 times! I grew up in Miami and was a big 'Canes fan at the time. I think I was 11 or12 that year and listened on the radio. The game was in B'ham.

I still have a football card of Childress, 1955 card I think. My grandma didn't throw my baseball/football cards away! She also made me take care of them so they are all in excellent condition.. No telling how much $ those roughly 900 cards are worth today. Mantle, Koufax, Mays, Bob Feller, Duke Snyder, Stan Musial, Tom Landry, the list is endless. Somebody else can sell 'em after I'm gone. I still like to look at them every now and then.

4 hours ago, LeaderKee4AU said:

Male

Roanoke, AL 

Southern Union (2008-2010), AU (Fall 2010-2013; Architecture)

I’m also in the Army Reserves. It’ll be 5 years enlisted on 1/8. ??

:wareagle:

Great first post and I'll take the opportunity to say the AU Family thanks you for your continued service.

1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

Age 34

Male 

Reside in Lafayette, Louisiana

2005 cum laude grad from Huntingdon College. I preferred a small college atmosphere. It worked well for me. I met my wife there, helped work in the Casting dept. when Big Fish filmed there, got a trip to London through the school where I proposed to my wife at Stonehenge, and got to see several "Broadway" productions in London. 

My dad is a 1981 alumnus from Auburn in Aerospace Engineering. That is where my love for Auburn originated.  First game was against Akron in 89 or 90.

I only live an hour away from you!

11 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Fascinating! Apparently I'm on the low end of the bell curve, but not necessarily surprised. 

30 years young. 

Alabama 

Ole Miss, 2010

Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (expected) May, 2018.

Preacher's kid. I love people, and getting to the heart of what makes them tick. Married to my best friend from high school. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't - except maybe snatching her up a little earlier and moving out west to pursue my dream of being a ski bum. I want to learn how to play the drums and speak Italian. I hope to some day be a father. I still cry every time I watch Field of Dreams. I respect humility, even though I struggle to practice it myself. Finally, I hope to one day be the kind of teacher or mentor I was lucky enough to have when I needed it the most. 

My high school football coach called me Barnacle. 

What kind of law do you want to practice when you finish? I graduated from law school at LSU in 2010

11 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

I only live an hour away from you!

Awesome.  Wife grew up in New Iberia, her family still lives there. 

13 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Sheesh, you really like school.  Must be running out of room on the wall.

Career changer. Funny thing is I'm currently only using my latest degree to make cheddar.

13 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

cumberland?! that is very unique! Awesome baby! I love it. You and our dear old fan favorite roundball coach Cliff Ellis who used to coach there have cumberland in common. How is the scenery of the campus?

Samford is beautiful, but the law school is kind of its own bubble. I commute from. Huntsville, so I'm usually in and out anyway. 

2 hours ago, thaitopher said:

What kind of law do you want to practice when you finish? I graduated from law school at LSU in 2010

Cool! I'm working for a Plaintiff's firm in Huntsville right now. Worked for a big defense firm my first summer. I really enjoy the Plaintiff's side. 

On 1/4/2018 at 9:03 PM, corchjay said:

46 — (Today) happy bday to me

male

birmingham area

university of montevallo 1994 (baseball scholarship)

(just your average sidewalk fan that has bled orange and blue since I was a tiny tot)

Happy Birthday Brother!!! God Bless and War Eagle!!!

Didn’t know we were also telling our careers. Original a nursing home administrator . Second degree in masters of nursing at Marquette and currently in NP school as an extension 

3 hours ago, The Defiant said:

I am 35 

Male

Reeltown, Alabama

Graduated in 05 from Au in Accounting

I am now an attorney  

Are you by any chance related to charles from reeltown?! lol

Archived