Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

Just now, AUTigerTime said:

I normally don't post to these type threads, but I need to raise my post count :)

M

Memphis

'01 BSCE

lol THIS type of thread?! does not look like you post in any type of thread!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol THIS type of thread?! does not look like you post in any type of thread!

lol. i used to post on autigers, but my account is so messed up there, i can't post at all anymore. Every time i try it kicks me to the login screen.

Anyway, I'm getting more used to this forum, and it appears much better with a more involved fanbase. just need to remember to come back more than once every couple weeks :)

2 minutes ago, AUTigerTime said:

lol. i used to post on autigers, but my account is so messed up there, i can't post at all anymore. Every time i try it kicks me to the login screen.

Anyway, I'm getting more used to this forum, and it appears much better with a more involved fanbase. just need to remember to come back more than once every couple weeks :)

tenor.gif?itemid=4481048

54 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Dude

Samford University/med school FL

live in Auburn 

DKlACsF.gif

Male 

grew up in India, came to Auburn for grad school , been a fan since

(Was a tutor in the athletic department - football and basketball players from fall of 1988)

Took my then 10 yr old son to the Auburn National Championship game in 2010. Memory for a lifetime

Michigan

grad school degree in 96

Male

‘95 grad in Civil Engineering (walked with Bo Jackson!!!)

Fayetteville, GA

Born and raised an Auburn Tiger, 3rd generation AU alum, married an AU Grad, hope at least one of my kids can go to Auburn but with the Hope Scholarship and possibly Zell Miller, something in Georgia is hard to pass up. Really struggling to stomach this national championship game. Those of us that live here in Georgia will understand, but I may, and I stress may, pull for bama for the first time ever in my entire life!!!

1 hour ago, AUTigerTime said:

Had the exact same issue TigerTime. I gave up and started a new account over there after months of getting nowhere with tech support, but really don't care to expend the effort to post on two boards. After something like 18 years on that site, guess I am all but done. I like the posters here better, just wish there was a little more activity. 

Male

BA Auburn 1971, MS and PhD from U of Illinois, Postgrad at Columbia U in NY

Knoxville

Started out at Auburn in Architecture, but ended up in Philosophy. Grad degrees from Illinois in Information Science and Informatics, Columbia U Business School in Exec Mgmt. 30 years in academic medical centers and university admin, now consultant for 2 national projects funded by Dept of Justice. I lived in Auburn for 11 years, including years on the university staff after getting my BA, but have lived all over the U.S., every region. Still have friends in Auburn and visit occasionally. Love my Tigers. WDE!

On January 5, 2018 at 5:00 PM, GwillMac6 said:

I have heard this before and at what age did you notice this said mellowing?! 

42 lol

Just now, autigeremt said:

42 lol

still got 14 years of being a big kid, immaturity and not mellowing to go! lol

Brad Mungenast - 26

male

Florida State BS, Florida Atlantic MA

Auburn fan since before I can remember growing up. Father grew up moving around but somewhat “settled” on Maxwell AF base in the 60’s.

13 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Age 34

Male 

Reside in Lafayette, Louisiana

2005 cum laude grad from Huntingdon College. I preferred a small college atmosphere. It worked well for me. I met my wife there, helped work in the Casting dept. when Big Fish filmed there, got a trip to London through the school where I proposed to my wife at Stonehenge, and got to see several "Broadway" productions in London. 

My dad is a 1981 alumnus from Auburn in Aerospace Engineering. That is where my love for Auburn originated.  First game was against Akron in 89 or 90.

Stonehenge!  AUB!!  That's AUsome!  Here is the most ridiculous thing...we have been blessed, I do mean BLESSED, to visit England four times.  On time #4, I was bound and determined to see Stonehenge, never managed yet.  Lots of tourist sights closed due to "foot and mouth" outbreak around 2001....long time ago.  We were trying to outrace the sunset covering country territory swiftly from Glastonbury, when I saw the sign for Stonehenge and freaked out because I couldn't see IT!  Where was it!  I gazed for miles out the right side of the car...alas, it was just across the road on the left.  IDIOT!  We laughed all the way home.  The Big Fish set is in our backyard.  Some happy little goats interrupted a nice romantic evening picnic a few months ago, as they live in the "chapel" where we had spread out blanket.  Small world!!

4 hours ago, IndianTiger said:

Male 

Michigan

grad school degree in 96

Namaste, that is FABULOUS!  Huge fan of all things Indian and so happy to have a kindergartner from there this year!  

51...Born at 8:20 on 8/20...Nashville, TN before Daddy was hired at Auburn.

"Ovviously" female (huge fan of "Esqueleto"--Nacho Libre)

Grew up in Auburn, daughter of prof dad and Auburn High biology teacher mom.  Wanted to attend college anywhere BUT Auburn...BUT...

AU class of 1988, Magna grace of God...AUM, class of 1998 Masters, Summa, more grace of God.  Met husband at the Wesley Foundation, married at home church Auburn United Methodist in 1989, and have been happily loving and serving wherever possible together and with our two children (now 18 and 21) since.

Formerly taught K in Elmore County...now 2nd in Pike Road. I have a passion for multicultural kids and travel, and lead worship where my husband pastors...our planted church turns 12 on September 17 this year. (www.welcometowellspring.com)

Love this board, in all its craziness.  You guys...and girls...are wonderful.  And to paraphrase Psalm 84, better is one day in the house of AUBURN than 1,000 elsewhere!  

Male

Currently live in West TN, near Jackson, but I've had the opportunity to live in over 20 cities / states throughout my life.  Definitely lived in the state of TN the longest (Knoxville, Murfreesboro - twice, and now here). 

Started at Auburn in 89 and graduated in 94.  Got to take a short break in the middle courtesy of Saddam Hussein and Uncle Sam.

Served for quite a while in the Army, but have been working in manufacturing ever since.

10 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

Stonehenge!  AUB!!  That's AUsome!  Here is the most ridiculous thing...we have been blessed, I do mean BLESSED, to visit England four times.  On time #4, I was bound and determined to see Stonehenge, never managed yet.  Lots of tourist sights closed due to "foot and mouth" outbreak around 2001....long time ago.  We were trying to outrace the sunset covering country territory swiftly from Glastonbury, when I saw the sign for Stonehenge and freaked out because I couldn't see IT!  Where was it!  I gazed for miles out the right side of the car...alas, it was just across the road on the left.  IDIOT!  We laughed all the way home.  The Big Fish set is in our backyard.  Some happy little goats interrupted a nice romantic evening picnic a few months ago, as they live in the "chapel" where we had spread out blanket.  Small world!!

Really blessed when we went.  Being with a school trip, we were allowed in the inner circle. They don't allow a lot of visitors to that section to preserve the grass etc.  Once the guide realized we just got engaged, we took a picture on the marriage stone within the inner circle.  Pretty cool how it all turned out. For those looking to propose soon, I would recommend letting the person know about it before asking to take a pic. He was too busy getting his girlfriend attention, we had to re-enact the proposal. Lol

Our tour guide gave us our first wedding present. A chopping board.  We have it still wrapped and hanging in our kitchen today

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

Male

Currently live in West TN, near Jackson, but I've had the opportunity to live in over 20 cities / states throughout my life.  Definitely lived in the state of TN the longest (Knoxville, Murfreesboro - twice, and now here). 

Started at Auburn in 89 and graduated in 94.  Got to take a short break in the middle courtesy of Saddam Hussein and Uncle Sam.

Served for quite a while in the Army, but have been working in manufacturing ever since.

love me some vets! i was a five point nam vet tho i was stationed at the pentagon and never fought. as a laugh tho some of you will not believe it i smoked a joint with a girl on a mid watch in a fifth floor fan and duct room. of course this was back when folks could actually drive under the pentagon with buses, taxi's etc. anyway i like to throw out i got high in the big war machine........yes i know some will be disgusted but it is what it is....

Male

northwest Florida

'85 Mech Eng (I couldn't have asked for a better time to be there; Bo Over the Top and Round Mound of Rebound.)

Grew up in Montgomery, my parents were huge UF fans, so I was always put in the middle between Auburn and Bama kids.  Making the choice for Auburn was a no-brainer for me at that time...

5 hours ago, GoAU said:

Got to take a short break in the middle courtesy of Saddam Hussein and Uncle Sam.

We're thankful....

Army Ranger Poster Army Poster Military Poster US Army Rangers ...

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Really blessed when we went.  Being with a school trip, we were allowed in the inner circle. They don't allow a lot of visitors to that section to preserve the grass etc.  Once the guide realized we just got engaged, we took a picture on the marriage stone within the inner circle.  Pretty cool how it all turned out. For those looking to propose soon, I would recommend letting the person know about it before asking to take a pic. He was too busy getting his girlfriend attention, we had to re-enact the proposal. Lol

Our tour guide gave us our first wedding present. A chopping board.  We have it still wrapped and hanging in our kitchen today

All kinds'a cool!

23 hours ago, IndianTiger said:

Male 

(Was a tutor in the athletic department - football and basketball players from fall of 1988)

Took my then 10 yr old son to the Auburn National Championship game in 2010. Memory for a lifetime

Michigan

grad school degree in 96

Tiger, cool story. Where in India did you grow up. I have traveled there on business several times. 

4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

We're thankful....

Army Ranger Poster Army Poster Military Poster US Army Rangers ...

Thank you!  I always considered it a blessing to be able to serve my country.

8 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

love me some vets! i was a five point nam vet tho i was stationed at the pentagon and never fought. as a laugh tho some of you will not believe it i smoked a joint with a girl on a mid watch in a fifth floor fan and duct room. of course this was back when folks could actually drive under the pentagon with buses, taxi's etc. anyway i like to throw out i got high in the big war machine........yes i know some will be disgusted but it is what it is....

Thank you for your service as well!

On 1/6/2018 at 8:32 AM, AUBwins said:

helped work in the Casting dept. when Big Fish filmed there,

Did you give anyone crap about how their "Auburn" looked nothing like Auburn?

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Did you give anyone cap about how their "Auburn" looked nothing like Auburn?

Haha, no.  But I did consider calling Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz.  The same casting director was working on Charlie's Angels Full Throttle. She had the cell phones of the starring cast list on her wall. 

2 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Did you give anyone cap about how their "Auburn" looked nothing like Auburn?

Some of the reasons they used Huntingdon instead of Auburn: small college with less people giving them better control of the scenes, Auburn has gotten a lot bigger than the film setting, and everything else was being filmed in the same general area of Montgomery.  Another fun fact: the scene with all the flowers actually is a lot smaller than it looks.  They filmed one direction,  cut, then moved the flowers into the shot from the other direction.  Pretty cool. 

Archived