Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Male 

Vestavia, AL 

I have been here for years, don't comment often - just when i feel like I have something to add.   But reading and shaking my head at posts here daily.  

1 hour ago, jtauburntiger said:

Male 

Vestavia, AL 

I have been here for years, don't comment often - just when i feel like I have something to add.   But reading and shaking my head at posts here daily.  

You must have a headache and sore neck by now.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2018 at 8:56 PM, Farmer Brown said:

I go to Gulf Coast Baptist Church, at least twice a year for meetings. The church is two blocks from Stewbies. I love grilled fish and theirs is second to none. The last time there I had blackened Mahi Mahi. I also like the mullet backs. My local friends there, introduced me to the place. 

Well I probably shouldn't be saying this, because I'm trying to keep it a secret, but I just had a fried amberjack sandwich from there and I think I could have eaten 50 of them.

On 1/15/2018 at 1:50 PM, api1957 said:

You must have a headache and sore neck by now.

Alexander Shunara is a real option for this guy. 

Doc

61 (old coot)

Mountains of.....

Western North Carolina

Cedar Mountain that is!

Duke 81

Auburn fan since I was 8 years old. Ushered many ball games at JHS when I was a Boy Scout. Do not think that bammer allowed the BSA to usher games at Bryant Dummy Stadium and this made me a turd hater at an early age. Any school of any merit would not allow Boy Scouts to help good folks find their seats, is not the kind of school I would attend ever! My first game to usher at JHS was the game when we ate Miami alive. Another game was when we ate up UF with hot shots John Reaves and Carlos Alvarez with Pat Sullivan throwing to Terry Beasley all day long.

Is anyone battling the flu currently or have had it this season?  I am just about over it. Had the vaccine but it did not do its magic. Tamaflu did a decent job with keeping it in check.

male

AU grad 83

Athens, Alabama 

On 1/5/2018 at 8:29 PM, WFE12 said:

Ahh Heck! Since everybody's doing it I might as well.

23 ( 24 next friday)

Male

Birmingham,AL

Still working on the degree - Management Major - UAB, finally going to graduate this summer!

Now waiting on @augolf1716 :poke:

I figured you to be about 34!

I think we need to form an over 60 curling team for the 2022 Winter Olympics!  Our current team USA is  not getting it done!

On 2/9/2018 at 6:20 PM, SKIPPER_01 said:

Well I probably shouldn't be saying this, because I'm trying to keep it a secret, but I just had a fried amberjack sandwich from there and I think I could have eaten 50 of them.

I ate there yesterday and had grilled and fried Sheephead. Man Oh man.

On 1/6/2018 at 12:17 AM, Pedaler said:

Male

Auburn (home grown), lived in NYC 6 years, back in AU since 2004

1995 BA Auburn

1998 MA Auburn

2005 PhD Columbia

2013 BSEE Auburn

Interesting academic path.  Reminds me of a T-shirt I once saw:  "Liberal Arts Major - Will Think for Food"   ;D  

67 (next month)

Male

Currently in upstate South Carolina (north of Travelers Rest), by way of Irondale, then Auburn

'73 BS; '75 MS 

My wife has BA and BS degrees from Auburn.  We first stated dating when she took a lab class I instructed.  (Reckon that might get me fired today.)

I was fortunate enough to watch 'Sullivan-to-Beasley' many times from the student section. (I played against Sullivan once in high school.)

I'm not sure about this, but I think our class might have been the first to roll Toomer's Corner (in '72).  At that time, we focused on rolling the utility wires that crossed the street - thus creating a white out - instead of the trees.  At least that's the way I remember it.  Anyway, there are plenty of people on here who can set me straight on that. 

It would be interesting to see the statistics from this thread on age.  (Stat Tiger?)  I don't feel quite as old as I did before reading it.

I don't get back as frequently as I'd like, but man, has the campus changed!  I am envious of what the modern students enjoy - especially the tennis courts and the new basketball arena.  

To me, the best thing about being an Auburn fan or alum,  is getting a 'War Eagle' in far-away places when you are wearing Auburn gear.

War Eagle!

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Interesting academic path.  Reminds me of a T-shirt I once saw:  "Liberal Arts Major - Will Think for Food"   ;D  

Actually, I made more money as a Liberal Arts professor than as an engineer.

On 2/10/2018 at 4:40 PM, doc4aday said:

Doc

61 (old coot)

Mountains of.....

Western North Carolina

Cedar Mountain that is!

Duke 81

Auburn fan since I was 8 years old. Ushered many ball games at JHS when I was a Boy Scout. Do not think that bammer allowed the BSA to usher games at Bryant Dummy Stadium and this made me a turd hater at an early age. Any school of any merit would not allow Boy Scouts to help good folks find their seats, is not the kind of school I would attend ever! My first game to usher at JHS was the game when we ate Miami alive. Another game was when we ate up UF with hot shots John Reaves and Carlos Alvarez with Pat Sullivan throwing to Terry Beasley all day long.

Is anyone battling the flu currently or have had it this season?  I am just about over it. Had the vaccine but it did not do its magic. Tamaflu did a decent job with keeping it in check.

I was at that game defense was unreal that day

On 1/9/2018 at 7:09 PM, Farmer Brown said:

98 to Beal Parkway. Go north on Beal to Racetrack. Turn right onto Racetrack. Stewby's is on the right about two blocks. It is the number 1 rated seafood place in Ft. Walton Beach. I will be there in February, Lord willing.

cisgender male

1979 AU grad, BSCE

been living up here in Sammamish WA for the last 30 years

Originally from Ft Walton FL and I can vouch for Stewbies being awesome.  Was down there for my 40th reunion in 2014 from Choctaw HS.  Yes, I am also a former "Big Green Indian."  I had the Mahi-Mahi only because they had run out of the amberjack by the time I arrived late afternoon(!)  Word to the wise if you're plannng to eat there -- get there early enough.  

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

That was the first of 28 games that I have attended JHS to watch my beloved Tigers play the game.  We went 21-7 during those 28 games of which is not too bad.

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

David Campbell had the best game I've ever seen a DT have. He was in the Miami backfield every single snap!

male

Good Hope, AL

’99 AUburn graduate

and this close to finishing my masters from Cincinnati. Hence, aubearcat 

Male

Proud 1987 Grad of AU

currently living in Knoxville, but hail from the mighty city of Glencoe, home of the Fighting Yellow Jackets ? 

Was supposed to play football at Auburn, but was held back by size, speed, strength, and athleticism.

13 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Was at the Florida game.....maybe not the same one?....saw all those INT's that Reaves threw....back in those days I got to see maybe 2 or 3 games a year....was living near Mobile and it was a relatively easy trip.  

Archived