Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/4/2018 at 10:27 PM, weathergeakal said:

Male

Trussville,AL

Dad & Grandad went to AU. Dont think I am going to AU due to what I want to do (Sports Broadcasting) isnt huge there. Im looking more at UGA and Mizzou.

Glad Titan quoted this or I would have missed it.

You DO NOT want to go to Missouri. Take it from someone who spent all but his 8 year living in Auburn within 3 hours of Columbia and has numerous friends and a wife who either graduated from or at least spent a few years at Missouri. The administration at that school is a not to distant 3rd to Baylor and Michigan State on the heads up their butts scale. It's going to be years before Missouri can straighten out the mess that they created.

If you don't want to give Auburn's program a shot, head for NYU, USC, or UConn.  You're going to get a lot more opportunity for real experience in your chosen field there than you will anywhere else, since that's where all of the major sports networks are headquartered.

11 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Oops, sorry.  I read the name as ending with "gal" instead of "kal."

Yeah, I could see that.  I think it's supposed to be like 'Weather Geek AL (Alabama)'

14 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

You DO NOT want to go to Missouri. Take it from someone who spent all but his 8 year living in Auburn within 3 hours of Columbia and has numerous friends and a wife who either graduated from or at least spent a few years at Missouri. The administration at that school is a not to distant 3rd to Baylor and Michigan State on the heads up their butts scale. It's going to be years before Missouri can straighten out the mess that they created.

If you don't want to give Auburn's program a shot, head for NYU, USC, or UConn.  You're going to get a lot more opportunity for real experience in your chosen field there than you will anywhere else, since that's where all of the major sports networks are headquartered.

My cousin is currently at Mizzou. It's not exactly a great place to be right now. The only reason she's there over Auburn is because the wait list for Nursing is ridiculous (and so is the out-of-state tuition, let's be honest). lol

7 hours ago, cole256 said:

I feel so old as far as board years.......too many arguments had, I have a life to think about now lol. I'm starting to get in trouble for playing video games now.....at work I have to make some of the most important decisions.....this isn't what I signed up for

Cole, are you going to be working at Sequoia? My nephew works there and is a nuclear engineer. He's your age and graduated from UTC as well. His name is Trevor Owens. You know him?

39 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Oops, sorry.  I read the name as ending with "gal" instead of "kal."

Don't feel bad, I do that all of the time with his name.

12 minutes ago, Linayus said:

My cousin is currently at Mizzou. It's not exactly a great place to be right now. The only reason she's there over Auburn is because the wait list for Nursing is ridiculous (and so is the out-of-state tuition, let's be honest). lol

I feel for her.  I've heard that its not just Auburn that has a nursing program that is jam packed.

It sucks hard that you can't get in state tuition like you used to be able to. I know several kids who aren't at Auburn for just that reason.

34 minutes ago, Linayus said:

And for good reason! Auburn nursing grad . Seriously good luck to her

6 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Thanks!

6 minutes ago, hutchids said:

Male

Sarasota, FL

Graduated in 2008, but sadly from another school, not from Auburn

North Port here... :cheers:

On 2/15/2018 at 3:54 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Cole, are you going to be working at Sequoia? My nephew works there and is a nuclear engineer. He's your age and graduated from UTC as well. His name is Trevor Owens. You know him?

That's where I'll be working but no I haven't met him yet. I start the beginning of March. I'm going to be in operations. Is he an operator?

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

That's where I'll be working but no I haven't met him yet. I start the beginning of March. I'm going to be in operations. Is he an operator?

Not sure what he does, exactly.  He's gotten to climb the outside of a reactor, though.  Cool, but scary! Congrats on your job. 

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2018 at 2:28 PM, McLoofus said:

Oof. 

The uncertainty is the worst part. I was out of work for about 6 months in my 20s, somewhat by choice. Long story. Anyway, it was great for a minute, and then after awhile it was a little scary. But I only ended up being out about 6 months, so I wish I'd known that I'd be working again in 6 months, and I would've enjoyed it a lot more!

I was 25 working at krystal's. I went from being one of the smartest in all my classes to that. (No disrespect to anybody working fast food) Sometimes people would laugh at me. One day I was so frustrated and defeated I just sat out in the lobby on my break and I just broke down crying.....but all that gave me a desire to go finish college. Moved away from everybody to a city I had never been in. I had to go by faith on a bunch of things. The odds of them working out was low but I had to try. Best decision of my life. Went from that to going to talk to kids in high school. Been in the newspaper in Chattanooga, news in Illinois. Life is funny man

On 2/21/2018 at 10:13 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Not sure what he does, exactly.  He's gotten to climb the outside of a reactor, though.  Cool, but scary! Congrats on your job. 

Sorry Im just now seeing this. But thank you so much!

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

I was 25 working at krystal's. I went from being one of the smartest in all my classes to that. (No disrespect to anybody working fast food) Sometimes people would laugh at me. One day I was so frustrated and defeated I just sat out in the lobby on my break and I just broke down crying.....but all that gave me a desire to go finish college. Moved away from everybody to a city I had never been in. I had to go by faith on a bunch of things. The odds of them working out was low but I had to try. Best decision of my life. Went from that to going to talk to kids in high school. Been in the newspaper in Chattanooga, news in Illinois. Life is funny man

That's awesome, bro. And you're right. Life is funny. 

I keep checking this thread just for fun and continue to be impressed with the diversity of thought and experience in the Auburn “family”. I think that a lot of y’all would be quite interesting and fun to get to know in real life. Or, maybe you’re like me and are more interesting and clever as anonymous message board posters than you are in person, lol ?. War Eagle and keep posting!

Thanks for bumping this thread - not sure how I missed it first go round ?‍♂️ ...

Anywho ...

Male

Birmimgham ➡️ Auburn ➡️ Atlanta ➡️ Birmingham ➡️ South Florida

Finance, ‘04

22 hours ago, fredst said:

I keep checking this thread just for fun and continue to be impressed with the diversity of thought and experience in the Auburn “family”. I think that a lot of y’all would be quite interesting and fun to get to know in real life. Or, maybe you’re like me and are more interesting and clever as anonymous message board posters than you are in person, lol ?. War Eagle and keep posting!

It would be a stretch to say that I'm even interesting or clever anonymously... ?

Archived