Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

On 1/4/2018 at 10:03 PM, corchjay said:

46 — (Today) happy bday to me

male

birmingham area

university of montevallo 1994 (baseball scholarship)

(just your average sidewalk fan that has bled orange and blue since I was a tiny tot)

Happy B Day!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Male

Lived most of my Life in Montgomery, AL...now retired living in Rainsville, AL

1981 BSBA Degree from Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM)

Die Hard Auburn Fan all of my life! :wareagle:

Just finished scanning back through this thread and found out some things I didn't know. Also found out I never posted to this thread. I'm another of the older ones on here. 

59 male

From Alabama

Live in Amory Mississippi 

Attended Auburn, Jeff St Jr College and Birmingham Southern. 

I was the first in my family to be an Auburn fan at 10 years old. My dad was an honest to God good Bama fan...he let me choose my own path.  My family is all Auburn now. 

My favorite sports memory was a road trip to Lambeau Field with my son. 

43 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Just finished scanning back through this thread and found out some things I didn't know. Also found out I never posted to this thread. I'm another of the older ones on here. 

59 male

From Alabama

I was the first in my family to be an Auburn fan at 10 years old. My dad was an honest to God good Bama fan...he let me choose my own path.  My family is all Auburn now. 

Lambeau field is historic. It should be obligated for football fans to go. 

Legitimately went back and read this thread. Holy Batman the age differences. No wonder we have these vast disagreements. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Legitimately went back and read this thread. Holy Batman the age differences. No wonder we have these vast disagreements. 

That's why I posted a couple of weeks ago I need some younger cats here, or maybe some more people from the hood. Sometimes I feel so alone in threads where they posting gifs and telling jokes......like do I fit in with anybody on here 😂. Besides talking sports Idk man.....then I feel like I'm pretty much a great voice as far as what most of the players say or feel and alot of people hate it......I'm thinking you guys don't know how much you really dislike your team 😂

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

What about people around the same age who do not get along?! lol what is the story there?

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's why I posted a couple of weeks ago I need some younger cats here, or maybe some more people from the hood. Sometimes I feel so alone in threads where they posting gifs and telling jokes......like do I fit in with anybody on here 😂. Besides talking sports Idk man.....then I feel like I'm pretty much a great voice as far as what most of the players say or feel and alot of people hate it......I'm thinking you guys don't know how much you really dislike your team 😂

t.gif

ty.gif

ghj.gif

5 hours ago, DAG said:

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

What about people around the same age who do not get along?! lol what is the story there?

There are some big age differences on here but the disagreements are crazy sometimes. Personally I come here to learn some stuff and to be entertained. I like having fun and the gifs are great. I do my best to find humor in things. Life's short. It's weird how many people just can't let stuff go sometimes. The personal insults really go too far. It's just a message board. Some people act like you slapped their mother while others act like they would probably slap their own mother. To me it's about respectfully replying no matter the opinion. My favorite thing is that everyone on here can pull a rabbit out of a hat from time to time. I just don't do the ignore button, if I did I'd miss some really good stuff.

Really like reading both of your takes on things. Dag, you're right. Lambeau is historic. Can't wait until I can go back one day. 

Since I’ve never posted here before:

30, currently living in Northeast Alabama

Have physically attended 3 different universities  in North Alabama in various lengths: UNA, JSU, UA. Took one summer class in Auburn so I’m somewhat familiar with the university despite being an unapologetic and obnoxious sidewalk fan. In many ways I seek self improvement for myself in life, and on here. There is one older gentleman here that is meek in spirit who can give the whole board conniption fits without ever changing the tone of his message, and that’s my 20 year plan here. 😁

I am a millennial without a generation. I do not share the same opinions of many of the fella young bucks: pay for play, air raid, etc. I also loathe rooting for players, not teams on the professional level of sports as much as I loathe gif derailments.

I grew up as a twin with four total siblings. I knock my socks off to competition: chess, debate teams in HS, fantasy leagues, etc, etc, all the way down to being 13 and competing with my twin on being the first to get armpit hair.  

That’s my life in a nutshell. Age is just a number. 

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Good question lol although there is a very small amount of us in our twenties. Around the same age can be 30-40s in here. My gosh, we are puppies in this forum.

13 minutes ago, DAG said:

Good question lol although there is a very small amount of us in our twenties. Around the same age can be 30-40s in here. My gosh, we are puppies in this forum.

Age is just experience being counted. I just have 30 years of experience being in my 20's. :)

I'm glad this got bumped, I missed it last year and it's been fun to get surprised and some context. It's good to put some human into these names and avatars - and it's fun to definitively know that there's a realistic chance that you could wander by a fellow AUF member in the store. 

Male

Tucker(ish) GA

Never had the pleasure of attending - I was a music major and marched in HS, but I fell in love with the choral program at a tiny school up in the North GA mountains and spent a fantastic 8 years there singing and composing and travelling all over the country before ending up with a BA in PoliSci and 3 lifetimes worth of experiences. I had planned to go to AU for my masters in public administration, but ended up changing what I wanted to do, moving to NC to get a public health degree instead from ECU (go pirates!) - which, I might remind everyone, is where Pat Dye was before going to Wyoming and then to AU. 

Mark my words - before I die I will get a degree from AU. I feel like I come by my fandom honestly - it's in my blood, in my family, with mom's side of the family moved to the area sometime in the 1830s and we still have that land, I watched my grandparents and uncles and cousins cheering as I was growing up - but I always feel weird when people ask me, when I am wearing a shirt or my AU badge holder for work, if I went to Auburn. One day, I will get an opportunity to proudly say "yes."

12 hours ago, gr82be said:

59 male

From Alabama

:-\ old my ass

I'm a little surprised that most people commenting here are older folks. I figured this forum would skew younger since our other boards ITAT and AUC are mainly populated by old farts. 

13 hours ago, abw0004 said:

We most likely had classes together as I was Entrepreneurship and Small Family Business Major with Finance and Marketing Minors graduating in December 2013.  Both majors shared a lot of classes.

I was actually in Accounting for a while before I got into Supply Chain. Holy crap was that boring. Did you start in fall '09? My email ended with 0006 and I know they reworked TigerMail right before I started school. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Age is just experience being counted. I just have 30 years of experience being in my 20's. :)

I agree...age is just a number. I am the same guy that I was when I was a "young buck" in my 20's and 30's. Well, maybe except for a little less hair on my head! 🤪

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Age is just a number. 

Keep working out, don’t slow down. Hope life treats you well.

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

I tried self identifying as a 30 year old last year on an active vacation (horseback riding and hiking the Tetons). I lasted 3 days and had to adjust to self identifying as a 40 year old for the rest of the week.  It took me two week to recoup.

11 hours ago, cole256 said:

I'm thinking you guys don't know how much you really dislike your team

Hard truth right there.  

I don't think Auburn fans are any different that way, but it's still crazy. 

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Keep working out, don’t slow down. Hope life treats you well.

I tried self identifying as a 30 year old last year on an active vacation (horseback riding and hiking the Tetons). I lasted 3 days and had to adjust to self identifying as a 40 year old for the rest of the week.  It took me two week to recoup.

I'm there, too. But it's mostly having an 8-month old and 4-year old that tells me how old I am. Every. Day. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm there, too. But it's mostly having an 8-month old and 4-year old that tells me how old I am. Every. Day. 

I’ve been there, they will keep you young.

10 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I'm a little surprised that most people commenting here are older folks. I figured this forum would skew younger since our other boards ITAT and AUC are mainly populated by old farts. 

We are vampires here to feed off your vitality. 

Quick, say something cool. Talk about being single and going on Match dates or Tinder "dates". Talk about something that happened after midnight that wasn't just you getting up to pee for the third time or a baby needing to be rocked. Quote Freddie Gibbs songs. Something. Anything. Please.

2 minutes ago, WalkingCarpet said:

I was actually in Accounting for a while before I got into Supply Chain. Holy crap was that boring. Did you start in fall '09? My email ended with 0006 and I know they reworked TigerMail right before I started school. 

I did!  Lived in the Village freshman year which I think you knew.

Originally I was going to be a veterinarian and I worked at an animal hospital for 5 years.  My true passion is animals and protecting them.  But once I realized they make 1/10th of a normal doctor (but have to know twice as much as a dog's heart is different from a cat's heart while all human anatomy is the same) I wanted to be sure my children had everything I was afforded by my family.  So I decided I wanted to my father's footsteps in the business he is in and went into the Entrepreneurship major (as I knew I was good at leading people) with finance and marketing minors.  He owns an estate planning firm in Johns Creek, Georgia (they were featured as the top firm in the country in Fortune magazine if I can brag a little).  I did this route because I figured I could run an animal charity through my business and still help animals, while supporting a future family the way I want.  After starting my own practice, it took off and two years later my father's firm made me an offer to buy my practice and make me a partner.  If I may brag a little more, I am the youngest partner in the firm by 15 years.  Long winded answer so my apologies.  If you can't tell I am used to a lot of verbiage in wills, trusts, etc so it rubs off occasionally.

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I did!  Lived in the Village freshman year which I think you knew.

You didn't live in Talon Hall did you?

3 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Since I’ve never posted here before:

30, currently living in Northeast Alabama

Have physically attended 3 different universities  in North Alabama in various lengths: UNA, JSU, UA. Took one summer class in Auburn so I’m somewhat familiar with the university despite being an unapologetic and obnoxious sidewalk fan. In many ways I seek self improvement for myself in life, and on here. There is one older gentleman here that is meek in spirit who can give the whole board conniption fits without ever changing the tone of his message, and that’s my 20 year plan here. 😁

I am a millennial without a generation. I do not share the same opinions of many of the fella young bucks: pay for play, air raid, etc. I also loathe rooting for players, not teams on the professional level of sports as much as I loathe gif derailments.

I grew up as a twin with four total siblings. I knock my socks off to competition: chess, debate teams in HS, fantasy leagues, etc, etc, all the way down to being 13 and competing with my twin on being the first to get armpit hair.  

That’s my life in a nutshell. Age is just a number. 

Pretty much accurate on most peoples age that have mentioned without actually knowing............yours had me stumped as I pegged you 49.

Archived