Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Male

Mobile, AL area

Like some, wasn't fortunate enough to attend. Did 4 years in the military and upon getting out,  planned on attending UAB for engineering. Family problems and situations at the time sidetracked those plans and the rest is history. Grew up in a bammer fan household, but once Bo hit the scene and my family reluctantly took me to a game in the early 80's, I was hooked. There's something special about that place that I can't explain...it's just a feeling you get when you're there. I've repaid my parents by raising both of my daughters 17 and 11 to be hardcore Auburn fans. My oldest wants to attend for Veterinary medicine. 

Male

Texas

Molecular biology/organic chemistry

Extra: Grandfather attended and graduated API after the war. Mom was born at the infirmary on AU campus while he was there. She met and married my dad there appx. 20 years later.

45 turning 46 on the 9th :)

Male

Semmes, AL but grew up in Oklahoma. Ended up in the Mobile area when I was in the Navy

I never attended college

Became an Auburn fan in the early 90s when I moved there. My wife was a vet tech at the Veterinary School.

Just now, bigbird said:

Male

Texas

Molecular biology/organic chemistry

Extra: Grandfather attended and graduated API after the war. Mom was born at the infirmary on AU campus while he was there. Met and married my dad there appx. 20 years later.

WOW I thought you would have been much older than 38. :P 

About to turn 46 (hence the "since72").

Male

Just a little south of Sarasota, FL (boats, beaches & bars)

Graduated from a small college in GA, where I grew up.  That's why I hate thUga as much as bammer.  WAY too dumb to get into Auburn......  However, I was born in B'ham to an AU family (except my uncle, who's a UA grad....I love 'im anyway ;)).  As with most, when you're born in Alabama the Dr smacks you on the butt and yells "DECLARE".  I hollared "War Eagle"!

Male

North Carolina

’73

Retired in ‘15, went back to work in ‘17 in the same industry in a limited capacity.  My wife just couldn’t take me at home 24/7, it cramped her style.

13 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Male

North Carolina

’73

Retired in ‘15, went back to work in ‘17 in the same industry in a limited capacity.  My wife just couldn’t take me at home 24/7, it cramped her style.

412418_1.jpg

18 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Male

Georgia (Gwinnett County) - Grew up in Notasulga, AL

1986 (Marine Biology)

wde

Grew up in Lawrenceville and moved down here, to FL, from Lilburn several years ago.  Loved it growing up but got WAY too crowded for me in the 90's.  Still elbow to elbow there??

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Grew up in Lawrenceville and moved down here, to FL, from Lilburn several years ago.  Loved it growing up but got WAY too crowded for me in the 90's.  Still elbow to elbow there??

Oh yes.  I live in Lawrenceville.  Near I85.  I moved here in 2000 from Alpharetta.   Peachtree Ridge High School is where my kids went/go to school.

wde

Male

Cataula, Georgia

Class of '91' - BSEE

7 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

Oh yes.  I live in Lawrenceville.  Near I85.  I moved here in 2000 from Alpharetta.   Peachtree Ridge High School is where my kids went/go to school.

wde

They were a school I competed against a lot.  I went to Chattahoochee High School.

Male

Birmingham area (North of town)

Went to USA and UAB. Been a AU fan since Bo and my first football memory is watching Bo over the top on a 13" black and white TV.

2 hours ago, CGM4AU said:

Male

From Dothan, AL, but I live in Kansas City now.

Went to AU from 05-10 Civil Eng.

I was born in Overland Park.  Are you a Chiefs fan?

15 minutes ago, AUIH1 said:

wde

7 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

They were a school I competed against a lot.  I went to Chattahoochee High School.

Funny.  Neither of those schools existed when I was in school (Central Gwinnett HS).

Matter of fact, I don't think Johns Creek even existed...it was part of Duluth, I believe (though I could be wrong).

It's all VERY different from when I grew up there...

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Funny.  Neither of those schools existed when I was in school (Central Gwinnett HS).

Matter of fact, I don't think Johns Creek even existed...it was part of Duluth, I believe (though I could be wrong).

It's all VERY different from when I grew up there...

No longer horse farms.  I believe there are only 4-5 left.  Every little bit of space is being built on or turned into these miniature neighborhoods of 4-5 houses.  I liked it better when there were more trees.  But I will say it is a really nice area to live in.  The commute is no fun though.

Archived