Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

3 minutes ago, IndianTiger said:

Sorry guys for hijacking this post to be an Indian discussion, stop asking me questions and quoting me :-)

I think maybe some of us are getting more out of the Indian discussion than you are. And it seems maybe this thread was started with this kind of conversation in mind?

Anyway, I see your point, I'll quit hogging space...

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I think maybe some of us are getting more out of the Indian discussion than you are. And it seems maybe this thread was started with this kind of conversation in mind?

Anyway, I see your point, I'll quit hogging space...

I am pleasantly surprised with all the India interest, frankly. Been on this board for 10+ years, we haven't had a discussion like this.  Things are changing down south :-) Just kidding Feel like am representing a billion plus people on here, way too much responsibility :-)

9 minutes ago, IndianTiger said:

I am pleasantly surprised with all the India interest, frankly. Been on this board for 10+ years, we haven't had a discussion like this.  Things are changing down south :-) Feel like am representing a billion plus people on here, way too much responsibility :-)

Don't screw this up!!! :Sing:

1 hour ago, IndianTiger said:

Sorry guys for hijacking this post to be an Indian discussion, stop asking me questions and quoting me :-)

Sorry.  We can't help ourselves!  One of the best hijacks ever, even if.  :Sing: :wareagle:

11 minutes ago, 83Grad said:

As usual I'm late to the party but....

Male

Citronelle, AL

C/O '83 Forestry

I graduated from Citronelle (was only there a year). I lived in Turnerville for several years though. :)

6 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I graduated from Citronelle (was only there a year). I lived in Turnerville for several years though. :)

Wow...small world. When did you graduate from Citronelle? You wouldn't recognize it now. The old school is gone and a new one built where the practice field used to be.

1 hour ago, 83Grad said:

Wow...small world. When did you graduate from Citronelle? You wouldn't recognize it now. The old school is gone and a new one built where the practice field used to be.

Yeah I haven't been up there since probably 2003. I graduated in 2001.

2 hours ago, 83Grad said:

Male

Citronelle, AL

C/O '83 Forestry

I was at Auburn with a guy from Citronelle, name of Charle Bassett.  Do you know him?

5 hours ago, 83Grad said:

Male

Citronelle, AL

C/O '83 Forestry

83...did you ever know Dr. Freeman in botany...Funchess Hall? ?

7 hours ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

Male

2008 (mech engr)

Fort Walton Beach

You have to go eat at Stewby's Seafood Shanty on Racetrack Road.

On 1/8/2018 at 12:12 PM, IndianTiger said:

Hi JFD.., grew up in Chennai (which used to be Madras) . Its nice little town of now over 7 million I think. It was a lot more sleepy then, but these days I can't even recognize the place sometimes. I tell people, if you love Indian food, its a lot easier to travel there. Otherwise, between the crowds of people, pollution, heat (depending on where you are), it can be rough. 

Well , let me correct myself. Was there this summer and we went and checked out many Small Eateries, really good food and a lot of Western/Indian fusion type of food. There is ton to see in India , but you need atleast a month to actually get a good feel

I know many talk about visiting India for spiritual reasons - its a country where many old religions have lived together for hundreds of years.  Literally next to each other. Its a cool thing to experience as well

Good stuff. One of my sons and his wife spent their vacation in India last summer on a mission trip. Great report from him on the people. 

Just now, SaltyTiger said:

Do we have to get on 98 to get there Farmer? ^-^

98 to Beal Parkway. Go north on Beal to Racetrack. Turn right onto Racetrack. Stewby's is on the right about two blocks. It is the number 1 rated seafood place in Ft. Walton Beach. I will be there in February, Lord willing.

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I was at Auburn with a guy from Citronelle, name of Charle Bassett.  Do you know him?

I haven't seen Charlie in years , but yes, I know him and his family well.

9 hours ago, ToraGirl said:

83...did you ever know Dr. Freeman in botany...Funchess Hall? ?

I do not remember a Dr. Freeman, but I also don't remember most of the folks I had class with daily...it's been a while. ^-^

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Good stuff. One of my sons and his wife spent their vacation in India last summer on a mission trip. Great report from him on the people. 

That's great to hear.  People are generally welcoming and show a lot of hospitality (not that different from the Southern Hospitality :-)  

male

long story short . Life long Auburn fan , Ole miss gave me opportunity to play baseball so went there for year . Redshirted transferred and grad from North GA finished up playing . Been season ticket holder since 2012.(pretty much entire family graduated from Auburn)

Gainesville GA

13 hours ago, 83Grad said:

I do not remember a Dr. Freeman, but I also don't remember most of the folks I had class with daily...it's been a while. ^-^

Good god you think that's a while..............................

On 1/9/2018 at 9:09 PM, Farmer Brown said:

98 to Beal Parkway. Go north on Beal to Racetrack. Turn right onto Racetrack. Stewby's is on the right about two blocks. It is the number 1 rated seafood place in Ft. Walton Beach. I will be there in February, Lord willing.

Oh yeah. Stewbies is legit. Eat there often. Nowhere near 98. How did you hear about it, I am hoping to keep that gem a secret!

22 minutes ago, SKIPPER_01 said:

Oh yeah. Stewbies is legit. Eat there often. Nowhere near 98. How did you hear about it, I am hoping to keep that gem a secret!

I go to Gulf Coast Baptist Church, at least twice a year for meetings. The church is two blocks from Stewbies. I love grilled fish and theirs is second to none. The last time there I had blackened Mahi Mahi. I also like the mullet backs. My local friends there, introduced me to the place. 

Male

AU C/O 2014.

Worked for two years, thought that was overrated, returned to campus to start My masters last year while I still appear "young enough" in order to still enjoy the complete college experi...I mean studying hard to make myself a better professional in my field...

3rd generation AU grad.

1 hour ago, Farmer Brown said:

I also like the mullet backs. 

WTH?  Who knew....

8 minutes ago, SCTiger2011 said:

Worked for two years, thought that was overrated,

It's the most overrated thing ever...until you're without.

This may be the best thread ever.

Archived