Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Turning 30 was very difficult for me and cant really explain why...........was approaching 4 years of marriage, good job and was in the gym 4 days a week..........40 and 50 were a breeze.......sorta.😂

30 whooped my ass, too. Have had a back surgery, gotten de-engaged, moved to a different city and state, gotten married, bought my first house, had 2 kids, and moved to a different city and state again and bought our 2nd house since then. 

Things are better now. Like, I couldn't even begin to explain how much better. 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

30 whooped my ass, too. Have had a back surgery, gotten de-engaged, moved to a different city and state, gotten married, bought my first house, had 2 kids, and moved to a different city and state again and bought our 2nd house since then. 

Things are better now. Like, I couldn't even begin to explain how much better. 

Dude we're so close........first home, back surgery, 3 knee surgeries..........brothers gotta hug...(Tommy Boy)😂

1 minute ago, kevon67 said:

Dude we're so close........first home, back surgery, 3 knee surgeries..........brothers gotta hug...(Tommy Boy)😂

Life is a funny thing. You wake up with big plans and then you get a phone call or meet somebody on the street and before the day's over your future has changed dramatically. 

Image result for tom cruise risky business gif

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I just posted.....I'm not looking forward to the 30/40 club

It's better than Golf's club

skeletons_playing_cards_sales_1.jpg?1474

1 hour ago, CullmanTiger said:

male

Hoover

Don't know if I ever said it before but: love the avatar. Now I am going to have to pull that album out on the way home.

4 hours ago, WalkingCarpet said:

Keith is low key hilarious. I've had a premium sub to the Scout boards since 2010 because I respect the heck out of Mark Murphy and Jason Caldwell. Those boards are so joyless and sterile now that it's hard to go over there for the forums anymore. I miss the boards pre-2015 when people were ripping on each other and sharing bammer conspiracies. A lot of the old guard from the Scout boards HATE Marcello and can't stand the merger with 247 which I find hilarious. He dabbles a little too much in rumor mongering for my tastes but I don't think he has an axe to grind like some people think. I've read the Bunker before and it reads like SECRant to me. I don't read it enough to know if everyone is in on some really elaborate mass trolling or if they really believe some of the stuff that gets thrown around. 

hahahah Auburn Rivals is a lot of fun. And yes you answered your own question. It is some elaborate mass trolling. They are pretty much given free reign there to just go crazy with their posts and they def oblige. Not a lot of Mikey and 64 sunshiner pumpers over there. Which of course is why I love it personally! 

What is the rant like? It is the one Auburn board I have never been. It is my elephant grave yard! lol.

Male

Connecticut 

Did not graduate:

- Grew up in graduate housing while my dad did his PhD from 89-94.

- Attended as a freshman in 2004, but 18-year-old me was too stupid/immature to do well at a large school with class sizes in the hundreds.

Side Note/Random Rant: I will always have a hatred for OU and USCw for gypping us out of a BCS Championship bid that year, especially because the game was awful and the Trojans had to vacate the trophy. I don't care what anyone says, I will ALWAYS claim '04 a natty year for us! 

1 minute ago, CT Tiger said:

Side Note/Random Rant: I will always have a hatred for OU and USCw for gypping us out of a BCS Championship bid that year, especially because the game was awful and the Trojans had to vacate the trophy. I don't care what anyone says, I will ALWAYS claim '04 a natty year for us! 

It's why we have to consistently perform closer to our potential. So we can earn the benefit of the doubt and be in the national conversation year in, year out like those programs. It's why it's not okay for us to be ranked outside the top 15 every preseason. It's why this "we do better when we're the underdogs" mentality has to go. Sorry. /rant

My wife was born in Danbury. Grew up in Newtown. CT pizza is awesome. Black Hog Brewing makes good beer. Drivers in Norwalk are turble. 

59.                                                                              Male.                                                                 Dunwoody,Ga. (just moved from Al in April).                                                                  Gadsden State 80

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's why it's not okay for us to be ranked outside the top 15 every preseason.

Are we really going to nitpick one spot?

We were ranked 10th last year...

13th the year before 

5th in 2014.

11 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's why we have to consistently perform closer to our potential. So we can earn the benefit of the doubt and be in the national conversation year in, year out like those programs. It's why it's not okay for us to be ranked outside the top 15 every preseason. It's why this "we do better when we're the underdogs" mentality has to go. Sorry. /rant

My wife was born in Danbury. Grew up in Newtown. CT pizza is awesome. Black Hog Brewing makes good beer. Drivers in Norwalk are turble. 

That's as good as I've seen it explained as to how we all really see Gus in the 6 years he's been our coach.

He seems to have inconsistencies not just within a football year, but sometimes within games. He seems to find ways to right the ship, but its after a 'scratch your head' game that we should have won. OR its we're on a roll, racking up wins, and then here comes the 'what was that' type of game, that puts us in that SEC position where we HAVE to win out to either win the SECW or stay in the BCS playoff hunt..

It is true we HAVE been ranked sometimes within the top 15, even top 10, and then by the 1st or 2nd SEC game, we find a way to lose it, and it puts us outside the top 10...trying to regroup bc our margin for error really becomes a problem, since we always end the year with GA and Alabama...

24 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Glad to see some recognition for CT pizza! I actually live in the New Haven area so I'm right in the epicenter. Just wish college football was bigger in these parts. 

Everyone here knows me as "The Auburn Guy". 

1 minute ago, CT Tiger said:

Glad to see some recognition for CT pizza! I actually live in the New Haven area so I'm right in the epicenter. Just wish college football was bigger in these parts. 

Everyone here knows me as "The Auburn Guy". 

I'm all for regional pizza arguments but I leave that to the folks who live there. I love it all. New York, Chicago, Connecticut, Naples... just gimme pizza. 

And good on ya for reppin' the hood!

On 8/1/2019 at 2:07 PM, kevon67 said:

Turning 30 was very difficult for me and cant really explain why...........was approaching 4 years of marriage, good job and was in the gym 4 days a week..........40 and 50 were a breeze.......sorta.😂

Good god almighty you guys sound like your the walking dead. I'm old as dirt and going strong damn its Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a damn beer 

On 8/1/2019 at 1:27 PM, cole256 said:

I just posted.....I'm not looking forward to the 30/40 club

Wait till you hit 7000

lol to who changed it

tenor.gif?itemid=5737113

So what is everyone's career? There is only 2 things I love more than AU: 

er.gif

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

So what is everyone's career? There is only 2 things I love more than AU: 

er.gif

Future CRNA! School sucks right now though.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:47 AM, aujeff11 said:

I grew up as a twin with four total siblings

We always knew there was a good Jeff and bad Jeff lol

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

We always knew there was a good Jeff and bad Jeff lol

You’d think so, but I believe a conservative estimate would be 50 total school paddlings between us from k-12. We also fought a lot growing up...mainly while playing basketball in the drive way. We were basically hellians and peak bad Jeff was then. 

As a matter of fact, I went to an elementary school called Forrest Hills and it basically had a playground on top of the hills. Don’t know why but one day in the second grade I had an irresistible urge to push this big ole gal down the hill and did so. And it was as glorious as imagined then. My teacher chased me all over the play ground and when she finally caught me with the help of the rest of her students cornering me, she told me while winded and her face as red as an apple that I was the biggest bully she ever had

I don’t have any more impulsive shoves though. Probably wouldn’t stand at the rail if we were to meet on a cruise though. 🤣

14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You’d think so, but I believe a conservative estimate would be 50 total school paddlings between us from k-12. We also fought a lot growing up...mainly while playing basketball in the drive way. We were basically hellians and peak bad Jeff was them. 

As a matter of fact, I went to an elementary school called Forrest Hills and it basically had a playground on top of the hills. Don’t know why but one day in the second grade I had an irresistible urge to push this big ole gal down the hill and did so. And it was as glorious as imagined then. My teacher chased me all over the play ground and when she finally caught me with the help of the rest of her students cornering me, she told me while winded and her face as red as an apple that I was the biggest bully she had

I don’t have any more impulsive shoves though. Probably wouldn’t stand at the rail if we were to meet on a cruise though. 🤣

I am beginning to think this thread was laced with truth serum,  Haha. 

Truth_sperum.gif

15 hours ago, CAReeves2010 said:

I cuss at aircraft and their parts for a living 

I used to write sh!t up just so you could cuss at aircraft and their parts.  Retired now, so don’t blame me.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I used to write sh!t up just so you could cuss at aircraft and their parts.  Retired now, so don’t blame me.

Lol it tests my patience some days but I couldn't be more blessed or thankful for the field I'm in.

Archived