Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Currently in my 23rd year of herding little cats and trying to turn them into little humans who are prepared for their academic careers. It is frustratingly rewarding and tiringly refreshing.

Male

Live in Bradenton, FL

From Fayetteville, TN

88 - Mathematics

Currently work as the Director of IT Cyber Security for a National Company

6 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Male

Live in Bradenton, FL

From Fayetteville, TN

88 - Mathematics

Currently work as the Director of IT Cyber Security for a National Company

Hey, just up the road from us....  North Port (south Sarasota County) here. :cheers:

Male

Born raised and graduated HS in Montgomery, Al.

Live in Gulf Breeze,Fl.

I work with animals......I'm a butcher for Publix. Been at it since 1984.

Sidewalk alum.

male

originally from Mobile, Alabama retired to Beaufort, South Carolina 

Aerospace Engineering 

class of 75

Joined the marines as a pilot and made a career out of it. Worked at the pentagon in intelligence until retirement. Put three kids through Auburn as well. 

32 minutes ago, sandyclawedtiger said:

Male

Born raised and graduated HS in Montgomery, Al.

Live in Gulf Breeze,Fl.

I work with animals......I'm a butcher for Publix. Been at it since 1984.

Sidewalk alum.

I thoroughly enjoy the animals you work with...

giphy (1).gif

41 minutes ago, akillshot said:

Male 

Lexington, SC (originally from Lauderdale County, Al)

Class of '80 - BS Industrial Engineering

Retired

I live in Limestone County Athens! Used to live on Elk River if you know about that.

2 hours ago, akillshot said:

Male 

Lexington, SC (originally from Lauderdale County, Al)

Class of '80 - BS Industrial Engineering

Retired

My father-in-law lives on the other side of Lake Murray from you.

8 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Hey, just up the road from us....  North Port (south Sarasota County) here. :cheers:

This is a nice area most of the year.  I work in Sarasota...used to work in St. Pete & Tampa...long commute.

13 hours ago, toddc said:

I live in Limestone County Athens! Used to live on Elk River if you know about that.

Certainly know where Elk River is. We still have family there so usually take Hwy 72 over and cross Elk River.

1 hour ago, akillshot said:

Lake Murray is huge - one of the largest with an earthen dam

Yep.  He lives in the White Rock/Chapin area.  Back in the early 2000s, my wife (girlfriend at the time) was going to school at USCar, and, to get closer to her (I was living in Auburn at the time), I actually interviewed for a job at a little fossil fuel (coal) electric generating station (McMeekan Station, I think?) next to that big earthen dam.  I think it's shut down now.

I had missed this thread earlier (I know how because I generally don't spend a lot of time in the football forum due to the pro-con Gus back and forth). Certainly would have pegged ages of many posters incorrectly so it was interesting to see the various ages.

One thing I saw in the latter posts were reminiscing about days at Auburn. Mine were a little different. My wife and I were already married almost 2 years before starting college. I was doing carpenter work and she was a secretary for Department of Social Services. I was preparing to go to work early one morning when it was 6 degrees. Threw a rod in my old VW squareback (2nd time). Still had to get to work and work out in the cold all day. When I came home that night, I told my wife that I thought I should do a career change involving college - engineering. She said that she would work. I had always been an bama fan (I was in North Alabama after all) but when I was considering an education involving engineering, it was an easy choice in the state of Alabama in 1976. She and I went to Auburn for counseling on courses to take at UNA to get pre-engineering stuff out of way at minimal total expense of living. After one semester at UNA, my wife said that she wanted to go to college as well - made sense as she was valedictorian when we graduated from our county high school. My reaction was more of how are we going to pay for school and survive. After 3 semesters for me, we moved to Auburn in the Married Students Housing. Adequate but basic accommodations. Our last summer in Auburn, I worked for the Forest Service and my wife took 23 hours to catch up so that we could graduate at the same time. She got her degree in Accounting. We had some fun in college but it was basically business for us. We both had jobs during school to provide our basics. Fortunately, college tuition and books were not as expensive as today or I'm not sure we would have been able to do it. It was the right choice and we have been blessed. We will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary in October. 

War Eagle!

4 minutes ago, akillshot said:

I had missed this thread earlier (I know how because I generally don't spend a lot of time in the football forum due to the pro-con Gus back and forth). Certainly would have pegged ages of many posters incorrectly so it was interesting to see the various ages.

One thing I saw in the latter posts were reminiscing about days at Auburn. Mine were a little different. My wife and I were already married almost 2 years before starting college. I was doing carpenter work and she was a secretary for Department of Social Services. I was preparing to go to work early one morning when it was 6 degrees. Threw a rod in my old VW squareback (2nd time). Still had to get to work and work out in the cold all day. When I came home that night, I told my wife that I thought I should do a career change involving college - engineering. She said that she would work. I had always been an bama fan (I was in North Alabama after all) but when I was considering an education involving engineering, it was an easy choice in the state of Alabama in 1976. She and I went to Auburn for counseling on courses to take at UNA to get pre-engineering stuff out of way at minimal total expense of living. After one semester at UNA, my wife said that she wanted to go to college as well - made sense as she was valedictorian when we graduated from our county high school. My reaction was more of how are we going to pay for school and survive. After 3 semesters for me, we moved to Auburn in the Married Students Housing. Adequate but basic accommodations. Our last summer in Auburn, I worked for the Forest Service and my wife took 23 hours to catch up so that we could graduate at the same time. She got her degree in Accounting. We had some fun in college but it was basically business for us. We both had jobs during school to provide our basics. Fortunately, college tuition and books were not as expensive as today or I'm not sure we would have been able to do it. It was the right choice and we have been blessed. We will celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary in October. 

War Eagle!

Great story shot....

Male

Acworth, GA

Graduated '61

56-year-old male.

Born and raised in Anniston, Alabama.

Graduated from AU in 1985 with a degree in Applied Math.

Been working in Huntsville, AL as a Software Engineer ever since.

Currently live in Fayetteville, TN (just north of Huntsville).

Have a son who graduated AU in 2012 with a degree in Wildlife Sciences, and was on Auburn's fishing team for 2 years.

1 hour ago, KolchakAU85 said:

56-year-old male.

Born and raised in Anniston, Alabama.

Graduated from AU in 1985 with a degree in Applied Math.

Been working in Huntsville, AL as a Software Engineer ever since.

Currently live in Fayetteville, TN (just north of Huntsville).

Have a son who graduated AU in 2012 with a degree in Wildlife Sciences, and was on Auburn's fishing team for 2 years.

What part of Lincoln County do you live in?  I was up there a couple of weeks ago.

Male

Huntsville AL

Class of 2012- BA in Psychology; Went on to get a PhD in Industrial Psychology (with a statistics minor) at Wayne State University (third biggest school in MI)

21 hours ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

What part of Lincoln County do you live in?  I was up there a couple of weeks ago.

South Lincoln County.  Near South Lincoln school.

Archived