Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

Male

Born raised and graduated HS in Mobile, Al.

Live in Murfreesboro, TN. 

Currently a family medicine resident physician shooting for a sports medicine fellowship. 

Sidewalk alum 

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

male

From southeast Georgia but raised in Dothan, Al

never had a chance to attend AUburn because of family money, but grew up orange and blue through and through. I remember having a poster on my wall of “The Rock” I remember Jeff Burger, Reggie Slacks among others. I think Bo was at his end when I started watching and  Now I am fortunate enough to have a beautiful wife, handsome son and two beautiful daughters who are orange and blue to the core. 

WAR EAGLE

• 1 year later...

male 

Born, raised, and currently reside on Sand Mountain in NE Alabama.

Class of 2013 College of Agriculture.  

male

Born in New Jersey, but raised in Athens Alabama 

Class of 1983 Industrial Mgt

On 8/10/2019 at 8:54 PM, ToraGirl said:

Career...starting year 22 of prepping the future of the world...current mission, teaching 2nd grade at Pike Road Elementary, a dream system and learning environment. I also lead contemporary worship at the church we planted in 2006...WellSpring CC...where we live, straddling Millbrook/Prattville, AL. Very, very grateful and blessed!

Update...as of 7-27-2020...wooed away from Pike Road by the mission to serve Montgomery Public Schools' growing Hispanic (and more) population as an ESL (English as a Second Language) teacher. Jumped from 2nd grade, one school, generally high affluence to K-8th, covering 5 city-to-rural schools spread throughout Montgomery County, high influence. Little time for much else these days, but forever War Eagle, love, and prayers to each!  🦋😉🌍🌮🇲🇽🇭🇳🌶🇮🇳

What a difference a year makes! Last two original sentences only part that hasn't changed...

Interesting how many posters' demographics are what I pictured for them and how many are in Florida. When I was at Auburn the student body was about 1/2 from Alabama, 20% Georgia, 20% Florida and 10% other.

Male 

Florida 

Auburn class of '85

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

You graduated from Auburn at age 19?

His post was in 2018. 

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Interesting how many posters' demographics are what I pictured for them and how many are in Florida. When I was at Auburn the student body was about 1/2 from Alabama, 20% Georgia, 20% Florida and 10% other.

Male 

Florida 

Auburn class of '85

Yep AU had a little pipeline also in south Fl for football back in the late 60's and 70's

4 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That was one of my three majors

The other two were PBR management and Talent evaluation.

19 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

male 

Born, raised, and currently reside on Sand Mountain in NE Alabama.

Class of 2013 College of Agriculture.  

Right across the valley from my Mom & Dad.  They live on Lookout Mtn. in Ft. Payne.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Right across the valley from my Mom & Dad.  They live on Lookout Mtn. in Ft. Payne.

Yep.  Beautiful country these parts.

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

No kidding!

That's a really beautiful part of the state. I've spent a lot of summers in those parts. 

19 hours ago, Barnacle said:

No kidding!

That's a really beautiful part of the state. I've spent a lot of summers in those parts. 

I grew up camping at Desoto State Park and going to Little River Canyon.  It was one of our favorite areas in the country. 

Years ago, after I moved out; then got married, when Dad could work from home, his company said he could live anywhere.  They were still in Lawrenceville, GA, where I grew up, so they chose to live there.  

It's still beautiful where they live, up on the mountain, but I'm not so sure they love the town itself as much anymore.

4 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I grew up camping at Desoto State Park and going to Little River Canyon.  It was one of our favorite areas in the country. 

Years ago, after I moved out; then got married, when Dad could work from home, his company said he could live anywhere.  They were still in Lawrenceville, GA, where I grew up, so they chose to live there.  

It's still beautiful where they live, up on the mountain, but I'm not so sure they love the town itself as much anymore.

Little River Canyon is.a real beauty. I also "camped" up there during my summers as a boy - at Camp Alpine, and was a counselor during college. It's a special area for me. Understand about the town. I don't think Ft. Payne is what it used to be. 

Archived