Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

alabama

2 years gadsden state

grandparents lived in four differnt rentals on gay street. bill and lena clayton. folks called my grandfather sarge

my grandfather i was told taught rotc horseback riding after retiring from the service.

my mother and two sisters attended auburn. one it was claimed nude modeled for an art class onec. shrugs

father played freshman football before he quit and started training horses and tennessee walkers. his name was david g luna. his first cousin bobby luna was a star for bama at roughly the same time. bobby played both sides of the ball. played in the pro's and later coached with the bear. sorry to say i never remember meeting the man.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

No longer horse farms.  I believe there are only 4-5 left.  Every little bit of space is being built on or turned into these miniature neighborhoods of 4-5 houses.  I liked it better when there were more trees.  But I will say it is a really nice area to live in.  The commute is no fun though.

Ah yes.... Exactly.

Growing up, GC was literally country.  Each downtown area was like an idyllic Hallmark town.

It grew SO fast...

10 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Interesting to see how old everyone is.  This place is 1 step away from an old folks home.  Heck and I thought I was one of the old guys.  

That's why you have people like me in their 20's to keep up the sex-appeal of the forum.  :cool:  Bringin sexy back!

giphy.gif

9 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Interesting to see how old everyone is.  This place is 1 step away from an old folks home.  Heck and I thought I was one of the old guys.  

My thoughts exactly. Everyone here stays geeked up on Centrum Silver and Ensure- explains so much.

11 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Makes sense why some are so...umm, opinionated.

Just now, bigbird said:

Makes sense why some are so opinionated...

Wait a minute, I resemble that statement. 

12 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You’re just a young pup, Happy Birthday.

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

male

Florida

'02 Arch

Male

South Carolina

'00 Arch

I must know you, @AUDevil. Or at least people who know you. 

2 minutes ago, looney said:

Male

South Carolina

'00 Arch

I must know you, @AUDevil. Or at least people who know you. 

Yeah, probably...did you TA and give my studio mates hell out at Rural Studio?  Bonner and Tindill?

6 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Yeah, probably...did you TA and give my studio mates hell out at Rural Studio?  Bonner and Tindill?

One of the biggest regrets I have from my time at Auburn is not doing the Rural Studio while Sambo was there. I did TA during Summer Option in '98 and '99 (I think... may have been in an unofficial capacity). 

Male

Northwest Florida - grew up in Century, Fl.

1968 MBA

My high school guidance counselor suggested I should major in Marine Biology because my grades were below 'C' level.

2 minutes ago, WarNole said:

Male

Northwest Florida - grew up in Century, Fl.

1968 MBA

My high school guidance counselor suggested I should major in Marine Biology because my grades were below 'C' level.

:rimshot:

Male

Winston Salem, NC now, grew up in Madison, AL

Exercise Science August 2010 (after transferring in junior year)

I work with infants to mold their skulls back to normal if they are flat. I'm literally shaping the minds of tomorrow. WDE

13 minutes ago, looney said:

One of the biggest regrets I have from my time at Auburn is not doing the Rural Studio while Sambo was there. I did TA during Summer Option in '98 and '99 (I think... may have been in an unofficial capacity). 

I'll hit you up on Facebook or IG.  I've been trying to make more of an effort to get connected to the school and alumni.

53 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You are older than me...........by 4 days :D 

44 (I think... seriously... worst side effect of chemo is it totally Fs with your brain and makes you forget simple stuff)

Male

Kansas City (Overland Park, KS for those who prefer specifics, considering KC is one of the largest metros, by size, with one of the smallest populations per square mile in the world)

Industrial Design Class of 97

Archived