Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

Male

Atlanta, GA now.  Grew up in the Washington DC suburbs.

Graduated in 2010 with a Finance degree.

My grandfather, great uncle, and great aunt are all AU alums.  It skipped a generation as my dad would have also attended AU if not for a scholarship to VA Tech.  Great uncle is in the Air & Space museum and was a proud AU alumnus.  I have successfully converted my ATL born and raised girlfriend from a dawg to a tiger!

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Male

Winston Salem, NC now, grew up in Madison, AL

Exercise Science August 2010 (after transferring in junior year)

I work with infants to mold their skulls back to normal if they are flat. I'm literally shaping the minds of tomorrow. WDE

Camel City!

Male

Georgia

1975 - BSME

I read this board everyday. Can sometimes find out more here than on the pay site I subscribe to. 

Life long Auburn fan. Went to my first game when I was maybe (8) years old.

Former Auburn great Bobby Hunt taught me to swim while he worked in the summer for the local recreation department. 

Malon Kent (backup QB when Auburn beat Alabama 10-8, Jimmy Sidle was the starter) was from my hometown. Old timers might remember that he threw a touchdown pass and completed another long pass to set up a field goal in that game. I think Tucker Fredrickson caught the TD pass.

Male

Austin, TX (soon to be Nashville, TN)

B.A. 2005, M.A. 2011

I grew up in Montgomery and for the first 15 years of my life was a staunch Bama fan.  Went to many games at Legion and BDS as a kid, including Peyton Manning's coming out party in 1994.  I was "enlightened" by my step-father (also an AU alum) when he and my mom married while I was in high school.  It was actually Auburn basketball that made me fall in love with the school.

Male

Birmingham AL by way of Tuscaloosa AL, Austin TX, and Lexington KY.

Graduated from Bama in 00 with a EE degree.  Parents worked and have since retired from Bama which is why I had to go to Bama.  Older brother is big Bama fan so to be the opposite of him growing up I chose to be an Auburn fan.

Male

Opelika (grew up in Selma, AL saw the world in the military, came home to the plains)

BS Civil Engineering, 1983

Extra: Retired military (USAF) and currently work for AU (just no inside info with athletics though)

34 - but my wife always asks me and wonders

Pen!s

DFW now, but pretty much Charlotte most of life

transferred out in '05 to pursue other opportunities, change of career move

Still miss it!

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Don't knock it. The microscope assigned to me in genetics lab was the same one that Linnaeus used to develop Binomial Nomenclature in the 1770's!

I could tell stories about the Burroughs adding machines used in the accounting labs.....:)  hand crank style of course....

57 minutes ago, GBAU83 said:

Male

Opelika (grew up in Selma, AL saw the world in the military, came home to the plains)

BS Civil Engineering, 1983

Extra: Retired military (USAF) and currently work for AU (just no inside info with athletics though)

Extra: Retired military (USAF)  (Thank you for your service.) and currently work for AU (just no inside info with athletics though) :(  lol j/k

3 hours ago, corchjay said:

Interesting to see how old everyone is.  This place is 1 step away from an old folks home.  Heck and I thought I was one of the old guys.  

who else has time to do this but retirees or the self employed?      

My wife wants to put a clock on my computer to see how much time I "waste" doing this and playing games. 

42, male

Started at Auburn fall '93. Finished at UAB... much... later.

Just moved to Hilton Head from Atlanta for a professional opportunity for my wife. Really, really, really miss Atlanta but maybe that will change in the spring. 

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

42, male

Started at Auburn fall '93. Finished at UAB... much... later.

Just moved to Hilton Head from Atlanta for a professional opportunity for my wife. Really, really, really miss Atlanta but maybe that will change in the spring. 

Ahhh...Hilton Head...  That would be nice.

Same lifestyle I get to enjoy down here but.......with actual seasons!

Congrats!!

1 hour ago, CodeRocket said:

Male

Georgia

1975 - BSME

I read this board everyday. Can sometimes find out more here than on the pay site I subscribe to. 

Life long Auburn fan. Went to my first game when I was maybe (8) years old.

Former Auburn great Bobby Hunt taught me to swim while he worked in the summer for the local recreation department. 

Malon Kent (backup QB when Auburn beat Alabama 10-8, Jimmy Sidle was the starter) was from my hometown. Old timers might remember that he threw a touchdown pass and completed another long pass to set up a field goal in that game. I think Tucker Fredrickson caught the TD pass.

Indeed....was at that game...first time AU beat bama during the 5 years  I was a student.  

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

Male

Austin, TX (soon to be Nashville, TN)

B.A. 2005, M.A. 2011

I grew up in Montgomery and for the first 15 years of my life was a staunch Bama fan.  Went to many games at Legion and BDS as a kid, including Peyton Manning's coming out party in 1994.  I was "enlightened" by my step-father (also an AU alum) when he and my mom married while I was in high school.  It was actually Auburn basketball that made me fall in love with the school.

I’m 32 and grew up in Montgomery also (still live in Montgomery). Good chance we ran into each other at least a few times.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:41 AM, bigbird said:

Male

Texas

Molecular biology/organic chemistry

Extra: Grandfather attended and graduated API after the war. Mom was born at the infirmary on AU campus while he was there. She met and married my dad there appx. 20 years later.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, WaynesAUworld said:

WOW I thought you would have been much older than 38. :P 

Heck, I've got socks older than that young whipper snapper @bigbird.

3 minutes ago, chimes said:

I’m 32 and grew up in Montgomery also (still live in Montgomery). Good chance we ran into each other at least a few times.

The gump...good times, good times.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Ahhh...Hilton Head...  That would be nice.

Same lifestyle I get to enjoy down here but.......with actual seasons!

Congrats!!

Thanks. We love the beach and the seafood, and we don't miss the crime or traffic, but we miss *so* much else. We lived in the city proper in, in all honesty, about as cool, hip and diverse a neighborhood as there is in the southeast. I hate saying it that way and I don't say that to try to sound cool, but instead to point out what a culture shock- or sudden culture absence- we're experiencing. We went from a box of Fruit Loops to a box of Cheerios. Not even the Honey Nut kind. 

Of course, I cited all these concerns before the move, and now my wife is citing them back and talking about our next move. :Sing:

Come on beach weather!

Male

Birmingham area

UAB BS '03 (long story), UAB MBA '08 (longer story)

Grandad API class of '53, Dad AU class of '77, Mom AU class of '76

Been going to games since I was 3.  Remember when we played FSU in Auburn in 1985 and I was doing "The Chop" thinking it was an Auburn cheer.  My dad quickly corrected me.  Played baseball in college which is why I did not attend AU.

Archived