Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, thaitopher said:

Wow, you guys are A LOT older than I expected. :) 

I was surprised too 

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I was surprised too 

What?    did you think you were debating a bunch of teenagers?    

I expected....more older and more younger....not so many in the middle age group.  Though....guess if you look at the bell shaped curve, it is obvious that time is working against those in my demographic when we start having 50 year+ reunions for things...:)..and talking about Jimmy Sidle and Tucker ....  Ken Rice..... Zeke Smith, etc.

And of  course there was Joe Childress who grew up about 10 miles from me in Baldwin County when I was a kid in the 1950s.   He was the first great Auburn running back and All American player I heard of ......an outstanding NFL player too.......a guy most current Auburn fans never heard of because he died at age of 52.   .  . 

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

They were a school I competed against a lot.  I went to Chattahoochee High School.

Tim Lemons who played first base at Auburn (teammate) is the only head baseball coach Chattahoochee has ever had.  He was inducted into the Georgia Dugout Club Hall of Fame last year.

5 hours ago, Metalsinger418 said:

Male

Houston, Texas

Attended Auburn 2009-2010

Graduated from Sam Houston State University in 2013

Tyrick?

male

Huntsville

’87

My wife and I, two grown kids are grads and one at AU now.  If you see my “ALL5AU” tag around, give me a honk. 

Male

Couldn't attend AU (out of state tuition $$$) so didn't got to college. 

DFW entire life.  Currently and for the foreseeable future am in Midlothian, TX 

My parents meet and graduated from AU. My daughter is following my and her dream and will be attending Auburn in the fall. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!  Good thread, I'm kind of shocked by some of these ages. 

It’s not polite to ask a lady her age... or is it weight?  So, I guess I’ll answer...

Female

Live in Decatur, AL

My sister graduated from AU.  When I was 12, I arrived on campus for the first time to help her move into Dorm J on the hill and attend my first football game.  As soon as I got out of the family van, I felt at home and knew I was going to go to school here.  I took a detour getting there via a full ride scholarship to Cottey College in Missouri for two years.  But, I got there, took my time and graduated in 96.  I majored in Political Science but my husband, whom I met there, would tell you I majored in Mrs. (I married well, lol).

Male

Live in Auburn but I'm from Easley, South Carolina....home of the Green Wave. ;)

'05....Army and a couple of life's treasures came first.

On 1/4/2018 at 8:43 PM, OnthePlains said:

Male

Dothan, AL

Attended AU 97-99 (finally finished my degree at Troy in 13)

HEY!!! me and you share a similar path! I started at AU and was there in 08-10 but I graduated from Troy as well! WOOOOOO!!!!! I always knew me and you had a special bond! lol 

28 ( I know I know. I do not act my age! Shocker!)

Male

Florida now but grew up in Mobile,AL

AU legacy. Both parents and half of my grandparents went to AU. Started at AU for my first 2 years but Graduated from Troy.  Biggest regret of my life. But there is consequences to actions in life I have learned...... but having said that. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! but you know it is War Damn Eagle always! My blood runs orange and blue. Even if it hard to tell sometimes because I am so negative/pessimistic lol. but then I have moments where it evens itself out because I am way over the top enthusiastic! haha.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

HEY!!! me and you share a similar path! I started at AU and was there in 08-09 but I graduated from Troy as well! WOOOOOO!!!!! I always knew me and you had a special bond! lol 

28 ( I know I know. I do not act my age! Shocker!)

Male

Florida now but grew up in Mobile,AL

Started at AU for my first 2 years but Graduated from Troy. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! but you know it is War Damn Eagle always! My blood runs orange and blue. Even if it hard to tell sometimes because I am so negative/pessimistic lol. but then I have moments where it evens itself out because I am way over the top enthusiastic! haha.

It will mellow as time goes forward...I used to be a wreck on game day.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Male

Alabama

Class of '69, Agriculture

Got a little bit of a late start in college, did four years in the U.S. Air Force between high school and college. Also managed an AU research station for seven years after graduation

shut the front door!!! you are 76?! you do not post like someone a day over 54!!!! lol This whole time I had no idea...........

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

It will mellow as time goes forward...I used to be a wreck on game day.

I have heard this before and at what age did you notice this said mellowing?! 

male
Melbourne, Florida

Male

Houston, Tx(lots of family in Alabama) 

Went to Troy state, but have been an Auburn fan since I was probably 5y.o

20 hours ago, corchjay said:

46 — (Today) happy bday to me

male

birmingham area

university of montevallo 1994 (baseball scholarship)

(just your average sidewalk fan that has bled orange and blue since I was a tiny tot)

Happy Birthday!

51, male, live in AL. Graduated AU’88 BS/‘03MBA, UAB ‘92 MD. Despite my age and years of formal education I try to post/act like I’m 18-20 most of the time! Wooo!!! Ain’t that right @GwillMac6!!!

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

When your kids start playing or your kids get older then the players at Auburn

26 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I’ll take a shot at this one. I was probably about 40 but I’m a late bloomer in most phases of my life, lol.I still love AU and get worked up (i.e. use inappropriate language, lol) in-game but spend little time before or after worrying about results. I love everything Auburn but finally realized that the outcome of athletic events don’t amount to much in the grand scheme of things. The final blow, surprisingly to me, was us winning the natty in 2010. After all the years of listening to Bammer bs I thought it would somehow change me- amazingly enough, it didn’t, lol.

9 minutes ago, fredst said:

51, male, live in AL. Graduated AU’88 BS/‘03MBA, UAB ‘92 MD. Despite my age and years of formal education I try to post/act like I’m 18-20 most of the time! Wooo!!! Ain’t that right @GwillMac6!!!

tumblr_lhgebyZ7781qzaxefo1_500.gif

lol dang straight!!!! this is how I always imagined you being like in person!!!! WOOOOO!!!!!! never change mr fred!!! 

Archived