Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

7 minutes ago, fredst said:

I’ll take a shot at this one. I was probably about 40 but I’m a late bloomer in most phases of my life, lol.I still love AU and get worked up (i.e. use inappropriate language, lol) in-game but spend little time before or after worrying about results. I love everything Auburn but finally realized that the outcome of athletic events don’t amount to much in the grand scheme of things. The final blow, surprisingly to me, was us winning the natty in 2010. After all the years of listening to Bammer bs I thought it would somehow change me- amazingly enough, it didn’t, lol.

It does amount to much in the grand scheme of things! IT MAKES US HAPPY WHEN WE WIN!!! haha. The morale of the board is happy happy happy as uncle phil would say! lol WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I cannot see myself mellowing MUCH because I am like this about just life in general. I KNOW that is so hard for you and everyone to comprehend! haha

tumblr_mjbkhgArSO1re8x6to1_250.gif

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, AU64 said:

male

North Carolina

WO WO WO!!! I thought the 64 in your user name was for the year you were born!!! lol

Male

Birmingham  area

Attended AU 1971-1972, transferred to and graduated from the AF Academy in 1976...Go Falcons and War Eagle

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

WO WO WO!!! I thought the 64 in your user name was for the year you were born!!! lol

sometimes you never can tell....July 1941, Pascagoula, MS......and still going strong......

13 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It does amount to much in the grand scheme of things! IT MAKES US HAPPY WHEN WE WIN!!! haha. The morale of the board is happy happy happy as uncle phil would say! lol WOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I cannot see myself mellowing MUCH because I am like this about just life in general. I KNOW that is so hard for you and everyone to comprehend! haha

tumblr_mjbkhgArSO1re8x6to1_250.gif

926B472C-8260-4F41-A7FC-79A3D9C3B2B4.gif

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Interesting to see how old everyone is.  This place is 1 step away from an old folks home.  Heck and I thought I was one of the old guys.  

do not worry! me and @fredst keep all of yall young!

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

926B472C-8260-4F41-A7FC-79A3D9C3B2B4.gif

oNKpOiV.gif

13 minutes ago, AU64 said:

sometimes you never can tell....July 1941, Pascagoula, MS......and still going strong......

even though we may bicker and argue because we have different opinions it is all love sir! I truly mean that.

Male

1986 - Industrial/Operations Management

Bowling Green, Kentucky

Graduated from Enterprise High with Alan Evans in 1982.  A year (or 2) ahead of Michelle Robinette-McKenna-Doyle-Jingleheimer-Schmidt.

40 soon to be 41

From Ga  live currently in OK  

2000 (state school in Ga, located in Athens...Don’t judge, IT WAS FREE!)

2008 Med school-OSU

sidewalk alum. Grew up an Auburn fan  

This place is gonna turn into the Seinfeld episode where Kramer takes photos of the residents at their apt complex so everyone knows one another....

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

HEY!!! me and you share a similar path! I started at AU and was there in 08-09 but I graduated from Troy as well! WOOOOOO!!!!! I always knew me and you had a special bond! lol 

28 ( I know I know. I do not act my age! Shocker!)

Male

Florida now but grew up in Mobile,AL

AU legacy. Both parents and half of my grandparents went to AU. Started at AU for my first 2 years but Graduated from Troy.  Biggest regret of my life. But there is consequences to actions in life I have learned...... but having said that. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! but you know it is War Damn Eagle always! My blood runs orange and blue. Even if it hard to tell sometimes because I am so negative/pessimistic lol. but then I have moments where it evens itself out because I am way over the top enthusiastic! haha.

Awesome Gwill! Yeah I have family ties to AU as well and grew up all Tigers.  Time spent at Auburn was some of the best days of my life.  Regret not graduating from AU but life gets in the way sometimes. Proud of my Troy degree and root for them too but I'm all orange and blue on Saturdays. I'm sure several posters would consider me a pessimist but I truly wasn't until Gus. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Awesome Gwill! Yeah I have family ties to AU as well and grew up all Tigers.  Time spent at Auburn was some of the best days of my life.  Regret not graduating from AU but life gets in the way sometimes. Proud of my Troy degree and root for them too but I'm all orange and blue on Saturdays. I'm sure several posters would consider me a pessimist but I truly wasn't until Gus. 

lol dang 3-9 leather jacket never have seen his teeth steel jaw eugene chizik  did not make you a pessimist?!?! That is impressive!!! I am way more a fan of troy bball than football. I mean there is just no room in my heart for another college fball team! lol. proud of my troy degree as well. You are right! Life takes us all down these crazy paths and turns but it all shakes out for the better in the wash! WAR EAGLE SIR!!! Love reading your posts on the board.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

lol dang 3-9 leather jacket never have seen his teeth steel jaw eugene chizik  did not make you a pessimist?!?! That is impressive!!! I am way more a fan of troy bball than football. I mean there is just no room in my heart for another college fball team! lol. proud of my troy degree as well. You are right! Life takes us all down these crazy paths and turns but it all shakes out for the better in the wash! WAR EAGLE SIR!!! Love reading your posts on the board.

War Eagle to you too sir. Enjoy your posts well. 

48 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

even though we may bicker and argue because we have different opinions it is all love sir! I truly mean that.

oh yes....do my best to keep it impersonal....just opinions after all and nobody here has that good a track record anyway as far as accuracy is concerned. :)

3 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Tim Lemons who played first base at Auburn (teammate) is the only head baseball coach Chattahoochee has ever had.  He was inducted into the Georgia Dugout Club Hall of Fame last year.

Seriously?  I had him as a teacher.  He and I were buds because he knew I loved Auburn.  My mind is literally blown right now.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Seriously?  I had him as a teacher.  He and I were buds because he knew I loved Auburn.  My mind is literally blown right now.  

He was a stud on the baseball field...never got rattled.  And Coach Nix could rattle anybody.

Ahh Heck! Since everybody's doing it I might as well.

23 ( 24 next friday)

Male

Birmingham,AL

Still working on the degree - Management Major - UAB, finally going to graduate this summer!

Now waiting on @augolf1716 :poke:

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

oNKpOiV.gif

This board needs you as wide open as you always are.  I have 19 year old son who I think could be your twin.  I lovingly refer to him as my "pet monkey"...wish I was more like him (occasionally).  Unshakable enthusiasm for life.  

3 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

This board needs you as wide open as you always are.  I have 19 year old son who I think could be your twin.  I lovingly refer to him as my "pet monkey"...wish I was more like him (occasionally).  Unshakable enthusiasm for life.  

Tell your son I said HOLLA BIG BALLER!!! haha I really appreciate that. That is why you are and always will be fammy! We mesh together so well our posting styles. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

HEY!!! me and you share a similar path! I started at AU and was there in 08-09 but I graduated from Troy as well! WOOOOOO!!!!! I always knew me and you had a special bond! lol 

28 ( I know I know. I do not act my age! Shocker!)

Male

Florida now but grew up in Mobile,AL

AU legacy. Both parents and half of my grandparents went to AU. Started at AU for my first 2 years but Graduated from Troy.  Biggest regret of my life. But there is consequences to actions in life I have learned...... but having said that. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! but you know it is War Damn Eagle always! My blood runs orange and blue. Even if it hard to tell sometimes because I am so negative/pessimistic lol. but then I have moments where it evens itself out because I am way over the top enthusiastic! haha.

Bruh we are the same age. Best friends forever

Archived