Demographic Curiosity

Apraser99

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Woo hoo for the USAF! My husband was active duty for the first few years of our marriage. 

You are younger than I thought! I’m from Alpharetta (went to school in Duluth though).

So, bad news. I have not mellowed - it’s gotten worse, but I think this forum adds to that. ?

I’m currently in Columbus. Congrats on getting a job teaching! 

As for me...

Female 

Georgia 

2006 - Marketing 

Shoutout to all the Columbus GA folks! 

8 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Native of Sumter County, Alabama.

Class of '83

Now residing in Fairhope, Al.

Grew up there many years ago....lucky you...?

Male

Georgia

1982 - Industrial Management

I was 9 when my parents took me to my first AU game in 1969.  Pat Sullivan lead AU to a 44-3 victory over the Kentucky Wildcats.  Auburn had me hook, line, and sinker. WDE!!!

Male

Alabama St. Clair County

1981 Covington Theological Seminary

Auburn didn't offer the course of study that I pursued. I have nephews and family members who attended Auburn. My Dad was an Auburn fan. It was a family tradition.

male

montgomery

Started at AU but finished up at AUM

I always say that meeting my wife was about the most productive thing I did in my time at Auburn. First and greatest Auburn football  memory I have was watching Frank Sanders go up for “The Catch” in ‘93. “Oh he caught it at the 2 and he dived in! Touchdown Auburn! Touchdown Auburn! How he caught it I don’t know...”

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Ugh. Do I have to give my age? It just sounds so old and I don't feel 58. Sigh.

I remember 58.  It was great.  You'll love it!  ?

Male

Virginia

1988 Birmingham-Southern

1997 Yale 

Both make me a bandwagon fan who follows every sport at Auburn, especially baseball and swimming, but I had no choice, I was brought up right by my Dad...

I also taught at Alabama, so I know what a piece of trash Bear was...and that's being nice

2 minutes ago, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

Male

Virginia

1988 Birmingham-Southern

1997 Yale 

Both make me a bandwagon fan who follows every sport at Auburn, especially baseball and swimming, but I had no choice, I was brought up right by my Dad...

I also taught at Alabama, so I know what a piece of trash Bear was...and that's being nice

Yale? Daaaaaaaaaaang. ?

Male

Lake Martin, Al

1971 - 1977 Bldg. Science degree (co-op student)

Grew up in Huntsville, moved to Texas after graduating and lived there 42 years.  Retired back to Lake Martin in 2009.

Suffered thru the Barfield years which may explain why my tolerance level is so high.   On the other hand, my son was at Auburn from 2001 - 2005 and never experienced a loss to the evil empire.

5 minutes ago, eulessau said:

Male

Lake Martin, Al

Grew up in Huntsville, moved to Texas after graduating and lived there 42 years.  Retired back to Lake Martin in 2009.

Suffered thru the Barfield years which may explain why my tolerance level is so high.   On the other hand, my son was at Auburn from 2001 - 2005 and never experienced a loss to the evil empire.

Lol...I suffered through the Barfield years too as a youngster. My tolerance level is not thst high.

11 minutes ago, eulessau said:

Male

Lake Martin, Al

Huntsville is one of the best places in Alabama.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

42, male

Started at Auburn fall '93. Finished at UAB... much... later.

Just moved to Hilton Head from Atlanta for a professional opportunity for my wife. Really, really, really miss Atlanta but maybe that will change in the spring. 

I had no idea you moved! 

Fascinating! Apparently I'm on the low end of the bell curve, but not necessarily surprised. 

30 years young. 

Alabama 

Ole Miss, 2010

Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (expected) May, 2018.

Preacher's kid. I love people, and getting to the heart of what makes them tick. Married to my best friend from high school. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't - except maybe snatching her up a little earlier and moving out west to pursue my dream of being a ski bum. I want to learn how to play the drums and speak Italian. I hope to some day be a father. I still cry every time I watch Field of Dreams. I respect humility, even though I struggle to practice it myself. Finally, I hope to one day be the kind of teacher or mentor I was lucky enough to have when I needed it the most. 

My high school football coach called me Barnacle. 

19 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Fascinating! Apparently I'm on the low end of the bell curve, but not necessarily surprised. 

30 years young. 

Alabama 

Ole Miss, 2010

Cumberland School of Law, Samford University (expected) May, 2018.

Preacher's kid. I love people, and getting to the heart of what makes them tick. Married to my best friend from high school. If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't - except maybe snatching her up a little earlier and moving out west to pursue my dream of being a ski bum. I want to learn how to play the drums and speak Italian. I hope to some day be a father. I still cry every time I watch Field of Dreams. I respect humility. And, if I'm lucky enough, I'd like to go back and be the kind of teacher/mentor I was lucky enough to have. 

My high school football coach called me Barnacle. 

cumberland?! that is very unique! Awesome baby! I love it. You and our dear old fan favorite roundball coach Cliff Ellis who used to coach there have cumberland in common. How is the scenery of the campus?

16 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Sheesh, you really like school.  Must be running out of room on the wall.

He almost has as many degrees from AU that it takes for the qualifications to achieve to be another one of our own version of Benedict Arnold like Alan Evans wife was............ :[

male

Charlotte, NC area (previously in the Raleigh-Durham area - hence the moniker ‘Triangletiger’)

Graduated AU in Electrical Engineering in 2000.  Prior to that, I spent 6 years enlisted in the Navy riding submarines.  Grew up in the Auburn-Opelika-Notasulga-Tallassee-Lake Martin area.  My dad still lives in Opelika, so we have free place to stay when my 2 oldest sons and I make our annual trek to attend an Auburn football game.

Male

Roanoke, AL 

Southern Union (2008-2010), AU (Fall 2010-2013; Architecture)

I’m also in the Army Reserves. It’ll be 5 years enlisted on 1/8. ??

:wareagle:

Archived