Are we going to sign anyone this year?

tigerman1186

29 minutes ago, boomstick said:

There are UGA fans that are actually saying that. Would be a poor decision for them IMO. I think they're better off in the long run to bring in a new coach and see if he can retain those guys than to keep Fox. Fox isn't going to win big at UGA going forward, not with how strong the SEC is becoming in basketball. IMO, Like Andy Kennedy, he was a good coach in the SEC when the conference wasn't very good at basketball.

I agree with you. In the old SEC Kennedy and Fox were solid but over the last few years the conference as a whole has made big strides in upgrading the quality of basketball in the league starting with hiring higher quality coaches and upgrading facilities, etc.

I want nothing more than Fox to be fired causing Ashton Hagans to decommit from UGA and come to AU instead!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know at one point we were the team to beat for Hagans and his AAU teammate Christian Brown. Brown even came down for a football game this past fall. Maybe we’ll pick thing back up with them.

11 minutes ago, CAS15 said:

I know at one point we were the team to beat for Hagans and his AAU teammate Christian Brown. Brown even came down for a football game this past fall. Maybe we’ll pick thing back up with them.

Gonna be hard. Chuck was our point man w/ them. I've heard nothing w/ them & AU since the FBI case went public.

43 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Akingbola is probably going to be our big name from this class. I see him as a lot like Okeke

I think he's more like Mac and Spencer. Probably a better offensive game than Spencer or Mac had out of HS but not the outside game or handles of Okeke IMO. He seems like a 15 ft and in kinda guy. Athletic, physical, bouncy, but not really a scorer. I think he fits pretty well what Bruce likes with his 5 position. 

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Akingbola is probably going to be our big name from this class. I see him as a lot like Okeke

Is he gonna be '18 class?

58 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Is he gonna be '18 class?

I believe the plan right now is for him to reclassify if possible and enroll in the fall. But I think that depends on if he can get qualified to leave HS early and possibly what the roster makeup looks like after the season going into the season. 

Considering all of our front court players will be back next year + Wiley do we need even rush Babatunde to reclassify? Are we thinking of redshirting him? I get that a redshirt year in the AU program might be more beneficial than an additional year of high school, but I was just wondering.

3 hours ago, Tiger said:

Considering all of our front court players will be back next year + Wiley do we need even rush Babatunde to reclassify? Are we thinking of redshirting him? I get that a redshirt year in the AU program might be more beneficial than an additional year of high school, but I was just wondering.

Wiley is not a given will be back & Danjel is a physical wing we will likely lose. At 4 front court players we will be short # numbers still at the moment. At minimum you want 5 but preferably 6. Therefore it would definitely help if Stretch could reclassify. Not thinking about RSing him. He would get a chance to compete as a freshman & see where he falls on the roster.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:29 PM, ellitor said:

Gonna be hard. Chuck was our point man w/ them. I've heard nothing w/ them & AU since the FBI case went public.

JMO But we will be paying the price for what CP did for a couple years at least.   Probably every recruit who had contact with him is gone....

On 2/13/2018 at 1:29 PM, ellitor said:

Have to imagine that anyone he touched is going to be off limits, even if everything with them was above board, just because of perception. Sad for both Auburn and anyone who might have wanted to play for us and now probably can't.

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

JMO But we will be paying the price for what CP did for a couple years at least.   Probably every recruit who had contact with him is gone....

Pretty much a given. That's why it's a good thing Adler is a good but under appreciated recruiter. He can find & get other talent.

I realize the players that CP was talking to are gone. My question is with the kind of year and exposure we are getting especially if we do well in the big dance what affect will it have on recruiting.  If a positive impact I would assume it would help us more with the 2019 and 2020 classes.

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I realize the players that CP was talking to are gone. My question is with the kind of year and exposure we are getting especially if we do well in the big dance what affect will it have on recruiting.  If a positive impact I would assume it would help us more with the 2019 and 2020 classes.

Probably will have more impact on the 2020 kids IMO. The 2019 class has probably been narrowed down by recruits and schools. It might get us a look from a few guys we hadn’t looked at much before, but I think that will be more prevalent in the 2020 class than this upcoming class. 

One area where it could help us this offseason is the transfer market. We may have more quality players interested in us if we have space his offseason because of our success. 

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Probably will have more impact on the 2020 kids IMO. The 2019 class has probably been narrowed down by recruits and schools. It might get us a look from a few guys we hadn’t looked at much before, but I think that will be more prevalent in the 2020 class than this upcoming class. 

One area where it could help us this offseason is the transfer market. We may have more quality players interested in us if we have space his offseason because of our success. 

I think some transfer kids, who wont be so easily wooed by a traditional recruiting sales pitch, may really appreciate what CBP has/is doing with such a young team.  Not only are we winning but we are doing it with an exciting brand of ball and with a coach that has charisma and a record of success.

18 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I think some transfer kids, who wont be so easily wooed by a traditional recruiting sales pitch, may really appreciate what CBP has/is doing with such a young team.  Not only are we winning but we are doing it with an exciting brand of ball and with a coach that has charisma and a record of success.

Yeah, I think we can pick up a good transfer or two if we have the space. That's going to be the tricky part. Ideally, we could take 1-2 transfers to sit out next year to lessen the load on that 2019 recruiting class and not have the roster so heavy with really old and really young guys. Two young transfers could bridge the gap. But we have to have room, and we won't really know about room until after the season, probably close to the NBA Draft.

1 hour ago, boomstick said:

Yeah, I think we can pick up a good transfer or two if we have the space. That's going to be the tricky part. Ideally, we could take 1-2 transfers to sit out next year to lessen the load on that 2019 recruiting class and not have the roster so heavy with really old and really young guys. Two young transfers could bridge the gap. But we have to have room, and we won't really know about room until after the season, probably close to the NBA Draft.

Well we are starting w/ 1 open already. If Danjel is declared permanently ineligible for college ball, that's 2. If Austin has a good combine & stays in the draft, that's 3. If Stretch can't reclassify then my preference would be 1 GT Big, 1 young transfer Big, & 1 transfer Wing if we were to fill out the full 13 scholly allotment.

The Ball kids ready to transfer yet ?  That would be fun..

18 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The Ball kids ready to transfer yet ?  That would be fun..

They went to Europe to play professionally.

7 minutes ago, aufan57 said:

They went to Europe to play professionally.

I knew that....was not sure it was real professional basketball as far as the NCAA was concerned.  Lots of Europeans show up on college campuses...but not sure what the procedure is.  Anyway, that was mostly a joke since about the last thing we need is LaVar on campus. 

Archived