Bracket Projections Talk

ellitor

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

and UT also

They followed their loss to us by beating UK. They're fine.

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Another year for us not to bet on the outcome of any game perhaps.

You may not want to see this then...

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

They followed their loss to us by beating UK. They're fine.

You may not want to see this then...

You can bet on the season....just not on individual games......?

24 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I like that one. Has sweet 16 written all over it. 

Man, the East would be tough. I think Nova is the best team in the country and I don't want to play UNC this year.

Texas A&M is about to go on a run and be better by tourney time. 

30 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Texas A&M is about to go on a run and be better by tourney time. 

Are they healthy yet?

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Are they healthy yet?

They got Gilder back for LSU I believe. They're almost completely healthy. Duane Wilson is still out, but they have Gilder back from injury and Hogg and Williams back from suspension. If they can get everyone healthy at the same time in the next couple weeks, they won't be a team anyone wants to face in the NCAAT, if they can get there.

Crazy that we are in the same seeding bracket as Kansas and Duke. That could be a manageable bracket with a potential sweet 16 date with Mich State and Elite 8 with either UNC or WV.

On 1/11/2018 at 9:20 AM, ellitor said:

New ESPN Bracketology out. AU a 5 Seed in the East...

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

I need some help I cant find bama on it? They have to be on there my Bama Friends were telling me how good they were in November!

18 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

I need some help I cant find bama on it? They have to be on there my Bama Friends were telling me how good they were in November!

Top team on firsr 4 out towards the bottom right of the page.

2 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

Makes sense to have games in San Diego for the East regional.

The 1st 2 round games don't have to be in regional proximity. That's for the sweet 16 & elite 8.

New CBS Bracketology has AU a 2 seed in the East. Would be a bear w/ Kansas a potential sweet 16 opponent.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Looking at the cities hosting the 1st 2 rounds this year my guess is if AU can stay on track & finish as a 2 or 3 seed they would play their 1st 2 round games in Nashville or Charlotte. The NCAA tries to get the highest seeds closest to home when they can.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The 1st 2 round games don't have to be in regional proximity. That's for the sweet 16 & elite 8.

They don't have to be, but that's the only one way out in the complete opposite direction.

9 minutes ago, WDEKC said:

They don't have to be, but that's the only one way out in the complete opposite direction.

That's why you want to be a 2 or 3 seed. Better chance at playing closer to home regardless of the region you are in. I think Lunardi is a bit behind on AU right now. I think our resume is no worse than a 3 seed right now.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

New CBS Bracketology has AU a 2 seed in the East. Would be a bear w/ Kansas a potential sweet 16 opponent.

Looking at the cities hosting the 1st 2 rounds this year my guess is if AU can stay on track & finish as a 2 or 3 seed they would play their 1st 2 round games in Nashville or Charlotte. The NCAA tries to get the highest seeds closest to home when they can.

Living in KC now, I never thought I'd see the day Auburn would have a projected higher seed in the tournament than KU. Who knows if that actually ends up being the case, but even the projection is shocking.

14 hours ago, ellitor said:

That would be a brutal regional. Butler, UNC, Kansas, Arizona, Nova etc all in the same bracket 

8 hours ago, AUBwins said:

That would be a brutal regional. Butler, UNC, Kansas, Arizona, Nova etc all in the same bracket 

Yep.

New brackets out for ESPN & CBS. AU stays the 4 & 3 seeds respectively but moves from the East in both to the South in both brackets.

Also AU moves up to a 3 seed in the latest Bracket matrix which is an average of 88 brackets. 1 seed being the high. 7 seed being the low.

http://www.bracketmatrix.com/

Maybe it's time to set up a graphical representation of AU's progress through the bracketing process....otherwise, it's kinda hard to tell when we are making progress or what or are just being moved around based on what other schools are doing?  ...or both I am thinking. :-\

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Maybe it's time to set up a graphical representation of AU's progress through the bracketing process....otherwise, it's kinda hard to tell when we are making progress or what or are just being moved around based on what other schools are doing?  ...or both I am thinking. :-\

Too much time and effort to focus on other schools. As for AU, if you want to follow their progress just note my posts in the thread. I post after every ESPN, CBS, or Bracket Matrix update is made.

Archived