Bracket Projections Talk

ellitor

They have us as the top overall number 2 seed in Omaha.

Edit: To clarify, they think we're the 5th best team overall right now. 

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They couldn't have the top #2 seed (auburn) in the same region as the top #1 seed (virginia). So, they have us in omaha instead of the atlanta region. That kind of sucks, but I love the respect!

5 minutes ago, AU Is Gold said:

They couldn't have the top #2 seed (auburn) in the same region as the top #1 seed (virginia). So, they have us in omaha instead of the atlanta region. That kind of sucks, but I love the respect!

Favorable bracket though. I'd much rather have a shot at Xavier for the final four than UVA. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Favorable bracket though. I'd much rather have a shot at Xavier for the final four than UVA. 

Yeah, I just have my heart set on going to Nashville then Atlanta. 

14 hours ago, AUDub said:

With their loss today, UK looks to be in trouble, especially since they’re about to hit the Alabama buzzsaw this week with AU in Auburn Arena Tuesday and Saturday Bama (the iteration that blows out good teams) at home come Saturday. 

@ Auburn
Alabama
@ Arkansas
Missouri
Ole Miss
@Florida

They’re 17-8 (6-6). Finishing below .500 in conference play looks like a real possibility. Could they miss out on the dance?

The only way they miss the NCAA is winning only 1 SEC game or less. If they win 2 they will be in so they will be in the tourney below .500 in the conference if they are 8-10. They'll beat Ole Miss @ home. That's 1. They just have to find 1 more win to secure an NCAA berth.

If you are wondering why I am so confident UK would get the in NCAA being 8-10 in the SEC. Their RPI would project to be #35. Since the field expanded to 64 teams no Major conference team that had an RPI in the top 40 has ever missed the Tourney.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/2/11/17001302/ncaa-tournament-bracket-2018-early-reveal-virginia-villanova-xavier

"For the second year in a row, the NCAA has announced the top-16 teams in the bracket one month ahead of Selection Sunday. 

If the NCAA tournament started today, this is what the top of the bracket would look like:

1. Virginia, Villanova, Xavier, Purdue
  2. Kansas, Auburn, Duke, Cincinnati 
  3. Michigan State, Texas Tech, UNC, Clemson 
  4. Tennessee, Ohio State, Arizona, Oklahoma

Some of those choices are no-brainers and others look pretty questionable! Here are X takeaways from the Selection Committee’s top-16."....

At this time last year, UNC was the fifth overall seed.  They won it all. Just saying ...:cool:

42 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

How is Kansas a two seed at this point. Michigan St, UNC, Auburn, Texas Tech are more deserving. 

AU is a higher 2 seed than Kansas. SBNation has the order wrong.

As for the rest Mich St is not more deserving than Kansas right now. KU has the #1 SOS in the nation, MSU #79, Noncon SOS KU #8, MSU #216. Lastly on MSU the Big 12 is much better than the Big Ten.

On UNC it's closer but KU still more deserving right now. Similar SOS & Noncon SOS. Where KU has the edge is road/neutral record: 8-2 (80%) to UNC 8-5 (62%) & Tier 1 record: KU 9-4 (69%) to UNC 7-5 (58%)

On Texas Tech KU gets the nod again as of right now. The difference makers are SOS: (KU #1 to TTU #55), Noncon SOS: (KU #8 to TTU #202), Road/Neutral games: (KU 8-2 80% to TTU 6-4 60%), Lastly Tier 1 games: KU 9-4 69% to TTU 4-3 57%)

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

AU is a higher 2 seed than Kansas. SBNation has the order wrong.

As for the rest Mich St is not more deserving than Kansas right now. KU has the #1 SOS in the nation, MSU #79, Noncon SOS KU #8, MSU #216. Lastly on MSU the Big 12 is much better than the Big Ten.

On UNC it's closer but KU still more deserving right now. Similar SOS & Noncon SOS. Where KU has the edge is road/neutral record: 8-2 (80%) to UNC 8-5 (62%) & Tier 1 record: KU 9-4 (69%) to UNC 7-5 (58%)

On Texas Tech KU gets the nod again as of right now. The difference makers are SOS: (KU #1 to TTU #55), Noncon SOS: (KU #8 to TTU #202), Road/Neutral games: (KU 8-2 80% to TTU 6-4 60%), Lastly Tier 1 games: KU 9-4 69% to TTU 4-3 57%)

Crazy to even be having this discussion. I mean think about it...

What a great year!

Every year come March, with few exceptions, I am forced to pull for my second favorite basketball team which is Duke. Seeing Auburn actually seeded as a higher 2 seed than the Blue Devil's is incredible. What a fun team to follow this year. War Eagle!

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would love our chances at the final four if the brackets started today per the committee.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

same here

I am not so sure about that bracket.  That is tough basketball.   I need to see us take care of FL and KY first as well as beat bama.   I love this team,. But worry we may cool a little vs top top top tier teams.  

3 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I am not so sure about that bracket.  That is tough basketball.   I need to see us take care of FL and KY first as well as beat bama.   I love this team,. But worry we may cool a little vs top top top tier teams.  

Understand but you never know

3 hours ago, gr82be said:

Every year come March, with few exceptions, I am forced to pull for my second favorite basketball team which is Duke. Seeing Auburn actually seeded as a higher 2 seed than the Blue Devil's is incredible. What a fun team to follow this year. War Eagle!

I’ve been a Duke fan since way back. All four Laettner years maybe Ferry too. ‘90 maybe ‘89? Hurley. Grant Hill was one of my favorites all time. 

42 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Can't believe we're talking about AU basketball in the final four as a legit possibility. Crazy.

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

If you're a top 4 seed in any bracket, it's gonna be pretty tough.  But that region, as it sits now, has a lot of relatively inexperienced tourney teams.  Would rather face that than teams like Michigan State who have been there before.

15 minutes ago, thewhiz7 said:

I can't believe we're talking about AU basketball.   I sure hope BP can survive this FBI investigation and be our coach for a very long time.

Someone just had to be the party pooper. The party pooper thread is here...

1 minute ago, thewhiz7 said:

In no way was  my comment to be taken as a party pooper response. I'll remove it.

No need to remove it. My point is let's just enjoy this season here & now then worry about Bruce after the season.

Archived