Bracket Projections Talk

ellitor

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New CBS bracketology out has AU a 1 seed in the West & would set up a Sweet 16 match against a team Boom said we don't match up well with in Arizona.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

New CBS bracketology out has AU a 1 seed in the West & would set up a Sweet 16 match against a team Boom said we don't match up well with in Arizona.

Yeah, I do think it would be a bad matchup for us. I think we can beat them, but they have the recipe to give us fits. Big, long, athletic guys. Strong, physical post players that they work through. And very good guard play and shooters. It would be a really tough test for us. At this point though, with the way we played against aTm and UK, no team really scares me. I think we can play with and beat anybody.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

That CBS bracket has us set up beautifully. I wish we would actually end up with those teams in our region for the real thing.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

4 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

That CBS bracket has us set up beautifully. I wish we would actually end up with those teams in our region for the real thing.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

My only gripe is a possible Sweet 16 matchup with a perennial west coast power, Arizona, on the west coast. Would be a shotty draw for us. I'd rather get Arizona in Omaha than LA. 

9 minutes ago, boomstick said:

My only gripe is a possible Sweet 16 matchup with a perennial west coast power, Arizona, on the west coast. Would be a shotty draw for us. I'd rather get Arizona in Omaha than LA. 

Not a given.  In this bracket, I would love Ohio State's chances at beating Arizona.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not a given.  In this bracket, I would love Ohio State's chances at beating Arizona.

True, but they're the second highest seeded team in our half of the bracket. I just think, out of respect for the 1 seed, you wouldn't create such a geographical disadvantage. 

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Northwestern is ROFLstomping Michigan State by 22 at the half. 

And MSU coming back to win. That’s a really good team, don’t care if the conference is weak...

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Crazy to even be having this discussion. I mean think about it...

What a great year!

This whole business of reseeding teams every few days is just a money maker for the folks doing that...too much regular season basketball left to be played and then the tournaments.....all of which will affect the W-L of about every team.

The way things look this year, nobody is likely to have fewer than 5 losses by the time the real tournament seedings are released.  Not sure I would prefer a  1 seed at some distant site or a 2 seed closer to home.   

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not sure I would prefer a  1 seed at some distant site or a 2 seed closer to home.   

I agree 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

This whole business of reseeding teams every few days is just a money maker for the folks doing that...too much regular season basketball left to be played and then the tournaments.....all of which will affect the W-L of about every team.

The way things look this year, nobody is likely to have fewer than 5 losses by the time the real tournament seedings are released.  Not sure I would prefer a  1 seed at some distant site or a 2 seed closer to home.   

Would much rather be in Atlanta as a two or three seed.

Would much rather be a 2 seed in the south than a 1 seed elsewhere.

in November we are excited that we probably make the NIT and hopeful for NCAA.  Never even a dream of winning an Sec title.  Like someone else said in another thread, we are playing with house money.

It’d be a shame not to win the sec at this point and at least make it to Sunday of the second weekend in NCAA .  This team and coach deserve massive praise. 

4 hours ago, boomstick said:

Lunardi has us as a 2 seed in the South. I like the draw in this bracket. For us to get to the second weekend now, we have to have a favorable draw, which I think this is.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

Yes, very favorable.  We must not be the top 2 seed according to ESPN.  I know the top 1 and top 2 can't be in the same bracket per the committee response earlier.  How is Texas Tech built?  I know what AM brings to the table with their size and length.  Just wondering if Tech would be a better matchup.

36 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Yes, very favorable.  We must not be the top 2 seed according to ESPN.  I know the top 1 and top 2 can't be in the same bracket per the committee response earlier.  How is Texas Tech built?  I know what AM brings to the table with their size and length.  Just wondering if Tech would be a better matchup.

Texas Tech would be a better matchup for us. They're similar to us. Only 4 guys 6'8" or taller, and only 3 of them play. Pretty guard-heavy lineup with an elite guard in Kennan Evans, who is currently hampered by a toe injury. aTm and Louisville would be not so great matchups, but aTm might not get back to the form they found right before us due to injuries. Louisville and Creighton are also big teams, and both are good shooting teams. So, that second game would be a booger, but if we get to the Sweet 16 against aTm or Texas Tech, I like the matchup with either of those teams.

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN's bracket prediction has Tennessee in the south region (Atlanta) playing in Nashville for the first two rounds. Auburn is out in the west playing in Dallas for the two rounds. I will be pissed if this turns out to be the case. 

Archived