Bracket Projections Talk

ellitor

We should get a 3 or 4 at absolute worst due to our entire body of work IMO, but without Anfernee we are playing like a 5 seed. But that doesn't mean we can't make a run either. If Bryce or Harper start heating up we will be a tough out

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tiger said:

We should get a 3 or 4 at absolute worst due to our entire body of work IMO, but without Anfernee we are playing like a 5 seed. But that doesn't mean we can't make a run either. If Bryce or Harper start heating up we will be a tough out

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, if any two of our three scorers are hitting their shots we can beat anybody and blow some out. If fewer than two are hitting, we're probably not going to win, even against inferior teams.

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

As I posted a couple of weeks ago, if any two of our three scorers are hitting their shots we can beat anybody and blow some out. If fewer than two are hitting, we're probably not going to win, even against inferior teams.

Beginning to wonder about that....would have agreed a couple weeks ago but with AMc gone, our middle is wide open and good (or excellent) guards and big guys are just going to the hoop without fear.  I'm not sure our defense can keep us in a game against a good shooting team.   Should be interesting to see if BP comes up with a defense to close off the lane. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Beginning to wonder about that....would have agreed a couple weeks ago but with AMc gone, our middle is wide open and good (or excellent) guards and big guys are just going to the hoop without fear.  I'm not sure our defense can keep us in a game against a good shooting team.  Should be interesting to see if BP comes up with a defense to close off the lane.

There isn't much any coach can do about interior defense when both size and depth are lacking. If you have one or the other, you can do ok near the basket, even against teams that have both. When you lack both, the three-ball shots better fall for you.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

There isn't much any coach can do about interior defense when both size and depth are lacking. If you have one or the other, you can do ok near the basket, even against teams that have both. When you lack both, the three-ball shots better fall for you.

You could be right but lately our big guys have not held their ground very well....avoiding fouls I expect.   Maybe Dunbar could work in the middle and sacrifice his body to draw some charges or something?   

I guess we an try to outscore people 3 to 2 each possession but last few games, people have been just walking down the open lane to the basket and shooting percentages seem pretty high against us.

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Getting word from a well connected friend in the media that we are heading to San Diego.

thamel?

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Yes, could be worse. Four seed in San Diego, playing college of Charleston.

I'm good with that....not a bad team to start with as long as we don't take them lightly.

Some San Diego bracket teams are playing in Charlotte....why could we not have been that lucky  

College of Charleston is not anything close to a pushover.  They will give us all we want.  They are long like A&M and have a strong PG.  It won't be easy.  

Sending two east coast teams to California but I guess with so few western and PAC teams in the tournament, they had to fill the slots with eastern teams.   Tough matchup and we are at the level where an upset would not be that much of an upset. 

8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

College of Charleston is not anything close to a pushover.  They will give us all we want.  They are long like A&M and have a strong PG.  It won't be easy.  

Yes. You make a good point. I’m not THAT tired of clempson. 

Archived