Gruden gets 10 years 100 mill from the Raiders

GwillMac6

I am going to miss him in the booth!! He is a absolute pleasure to listen to! He is hilarious and really entertaining. Always keeps me interested in games I would otherwise not care about.

Raiders basically said HOLD MUHHHH BEER to TAMU and their jimbo fisher contract! lol

Making 6 million a year to talk on TV for maybe, maybe 30-40 hour week average...... HE HAS LOST IT. Now you have to win games. Leave a job where you couldn't possibly be wrong to one that you must be right. As previously mentioned at least you don't have to hear the UT rumors anymore.

On 1/9/2018 at 12:41 PM, alexava said:

Making 6 million a year to talk on TV for maybe, maybe 30-40 hour week average...... HE HAS LOST IT. Now you have to win games. Leave a job where you couldn't possibly be wrong to one that you must be right. As previously mentioned at least you don't have to hear the UT rumors anymore.

The money is tough to turn down and Carr will be the most talented QB he has ever coached. Outside of saving rich gannons career in oakland and getting some big seasons out of him he really has only had average at best qbs to work with. He sees a franchise guy in carr who can be his meal ticket for a long time. I bet coop has a bounce back season next year as well.

As a fan of the Silver & Black, I loved CJG back in the day and hated when they traded him away.  However, I don't know how excited I am about the 2nd coming.  1) CJG has been out of coaching for a while.  This rarely translates to a good return.  2) According to Mike Golic, there has never been a coach return to a prior team and have a better winning percentage than his first round.  And there has never been one return and take a team to the Super Bowl.

So did we just sign up for 10 years of mediocracy?

Rooney Rule.....probably gonna cost the Raiders more than just his contract value.    Raiders are team that the league might like to make an example of .....though maybe since Davis has passed away, their old sins are forgiven. 

Archived