Men vs. Arkansas

WarTiger

Was at the game- incredible win. Great game by Bruce and the team. 

Im pretty irritated that i bought “bleacher” tickets but was told its SRO, when SRO was a seperste choice in autix...also extra irritated that hundreds of people looked down from the SRO and saw the donor/scholarship section 1/4 empty. Idk how open the student section sode was but the bench side was fairly open. They need to change that

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

RPI is up to #9 in the country as of Saturday night 1/6/18 after Arkansas game

With 10RC right behind us. Watch them outrank us in the polls after they beat UK. :rolleyes:

8 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

Im pretty irritated that i bought “bleacher” tickets but was told its SRO, when SRO was a seperste choice in autix...also extra irritated that hundreds of people looked down from the SRO and saw the donor/scholarship section 1/4 empty. Idk how open the student section sode was but the bench side was fairly open. They need to change that

Something we’ve been complaining about since they opened the arena. The scholarship floor level seats struggle to stay filled, and that’s the section that shows up on camera often. There has to be a way to fill those seats in a more efficient manner to help the atmosphere. 

20 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Something we’ve been complaining about since they opened the arena. The scholarship floor level seats struggle to stay filled, and that’s the section that shows up on camera often. There has to be a way to fill those seats in a more efficient manner to help the atmosphere. 

Absolute correct, and very irritating. I say after the first half let the folks standing go take any of those empty seats. Arena would have been 100% full if not for that one section 

I was there, and the student side and upper levels above them was packed. And yes, the scholarship side had holes in it. But to see a WWII veteran who had to be in his 90s. and his wife sitting in the scholarship area, and attend this game, should be an embarrassment to those scholarship ticket holders that didnt show up. Ofc, this is nothing new....but if we really get on a streak in the SEC, all of a sudden they will show up (warmer weather is required)...until we lose one at home, then they will be back on the 'stay at home' plan.

Let's see who shows up for an 8pm game on a weeknight...that will be interesting too...

2 hours ago, Piketiger1990 said:

Absolute correct, and very irritating. I say after the first half let the folks standing go take any of those empty seats. Arena would have been 100% full if not for that one section 

Why wait until halftime?  Add a disclaimer to the ticket order form that if you are not in your seat by the 16:00 minute break, your seat will be filled.  If you show up after that time, you will be able to sit in your seats at the next break. I hate seeing a sellout crowd with rows of empty prime seats.  

1 hour ago, around4ever said:

Why wait until halftime?  Add a disclaimer to the ticket order form that if you are not in your seat by the 16:00 minute break, your seat will be filled.  If you show up after that time, you will be able to sit in your seats at the next break. I hate seeing a sellout crowd with rows of empty prime seats.  

Takes that long for some folks to finish eating. 

12 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

That's what irritated me on my first visit.

Hell of a job to get that win and hell of a job by the fans to make the atmosphere electric! Even with the few empty seats that crowd was rocking from the opening bell. Unfortunate we let the game get close but we just don't do as well when slowing the game down. But when you are up by 21 in second half you kinda need to slow it down. Hopefully something we can improve on.

16 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Hell of a job to get that win and hell of a job by the fans to make the atmosphere electric! Even with the few empty seats that crowd was rocking from the opening bell. Unfortunate we let the game get close but we just don't do as well when slowing the game down. But when you are up by 21 in second half you kinda need to slow it down. Hopefully something we can improve on.

What seemed to slow down was the defensive effort....maybe it was the foul situation but late in the game we gave up a good number of uncontested drives down the middle which let them back into contention.  Offense managed to pull a few rabbits out of the hat in the final minutes with some 3s and fairly good foul shooting.  

Arky was the kind of team that was not going away, .and  it was unlikely they would play poorly the entire game. We just had to weather the burst at the end (which we did) and make enough baskets to hold the lead.    A very good win against a solid and well respected team.  .

16 hours ago, Auhud08 said:

I wish they had a user friendly and incentive based way to have those scholly donors able to open up for resale the unused seats.

ie ... if I am a scholly donor ... I go to the magic auburn ticket app.  I select that my tickets will be unused and they instantly go to the arena ticket office and are opened for sale.  Maybe at a discount rate.  Maybe a portion - say half - goes back to the ticket owners and the rest to the university.  Maybe the proceeds go into an account to offset next years ticket package purchase.

surely something easy can be put in place where those seats can be used.

Archived