Auburn moving forward

StatTiger

49 minutes ago, CT Tiger said:

Hi Everyone,

Long-time lurker from Connecticut here! I don't post much, so I can't create a thread. Sorry if this is off-topic or should go somewhere else, but my wonderful girlfriend got us tickets for the LSU game Sept 15th!! (which is technically moving forward so I am replying in this thread haha)

Can anyone suggest where to stay in Auburn? We'd be flying into Atl on Fri the 14th and would like to fly home on Sunday. What is the procedure to book a hotel room on a gameday weekend? There are none available right now. Also, can anyone give me a ballpark price range for rooms per night? My last time in JHS was when I was still a student there -- 2004 UGA. I am so excited to know I'll be back in JHS next season!!

WDE

Have you checked AirBnB?

Connecticut pizza is awesome. So are the women. Well, at least one. Liked her so much I married her. Born in Newtown. 

If you're a beer guy, check out Black Hog Brewing. Great folks, great beer. Oh, that's in Connecticut, not Auburn.

Enjoy your trip!

after watching bama in second half of nc were screwed. their is a big difference between a #1 class and #10.  alabama will dominate college football till saban retires. are recruiting sucks half the guys from each class never see the field. gus better get serious about recruiting and developement. our strength and conditioning needs to improve as well. alabama players are always bigger and stronger. it was depressing to see their freshman were better then the starters.

• Facepalm 1

after watching alabama and georgia in playoffs you wonder how the hell we beat them. we got lucky. gus ran our rb in to the ground and when we needed him the most in sec championship and peach bowl he couldnt deliver and we had nobody else ready

6 hours ago, CT Tiger said:

Hi Everyone,

Long-time lurker from Connecticut here! I don't post much, so I can't create a thread. Sorry if this is off-topic or should go somewhere else, but my wonderful girlfriend got us tickets for the LSU game Sept 15th!! (which is technically moving forward so I am replying in this thread haha)

Can anyone suggest where to stay in Auburn? We'd be flying into Atl on Fri the 14th and would like to fly home on Sunday. What is the procedure to book a hotel room on a gameday weekend? There are none available right now. Also, can anyone give me a ballpark price range for rooms per night? My last time in JHS was when I was still a student there -- 2004 UGA. I am so excited to know I'll be back in JHS next season!!

WDE

Not sure about price range, but we usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn near the AUO airport.  

EDIT:  Just saw you posted nothing is available that weekend.  

Edited by AUFlyer99

On 1/6/2018 at 6:34 PM, aubaseball said:

For once I would love to see AU get a wide receiver with the skill set of a AJ green or Julio 

To be fair, Julio was massively underutilized at Alabama and had a bad habit of "alligator arms" at times.

Also, I think we have a number of receivers with the skill set and physical builds to be as productive. Unfortunately they don't have a real route tree.

Our passing attack could be top 10 in the country next year if we start using slants, drag routes, crossing routes, post, curls, it anything in addition to our streaks and bubble screens.

Ryan Davis running a slant across the middle from the slot should be a staple in our offense. Get him paired up against a linebacker 1/5 of the time and it would be insanely valuable.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zeek said:

To be fair, Julio was massively underutilized at Alabama and had a bad habit of "alligator arms" at times.

Also, I think we have a number of receivers with the skill set and physical builds to be as productive. Unfortunately they don't have a real route tree.

Our passing attack could be top 10 in the country next year if we start using slants, drag routes, crossing routes, post, curls, it anything in addition to our streaks and bubble screens.

Ryan Davis running a slant across the middle from the slot should be a staple in our offense. Get him paired up against a linebacker 1/5 of the time and it would be insanely valuable.

Coaches so insistent on making things harder for ourselves and easier for our opponents. Sure using all them screens and occasional different routes worked in some games but you WILL get tripped up several times while doing this constantly. We will run the same routes next year and the coaches will count on the players "executing better".

On 1/6/2018 at 7:34 PM, aubaseball said:

For once I would love to see AU get a wide receiver with the skill set of a AJ green or Julio 

AJ Green preferably. AJ was the best college receiver i'd ever seen. He made our secondary look really bad, really effortlessly. He floated up and down the field. He was so smooth. 

• Like 1