Null



Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, WDE0007 said:

Embarrassingly in the minority and pulling for Georgia to win (I know I know...I'll see myself out). It just means more to them than it does to Alabama. For Georgia, this is everything. But for Alabama it's just another championship to add to the never-ending list.

Though before anyone shuns me, I'd like to justify my decision that I know way more obnoxious and annoying Alabama fans than I do Georgia fans. If Alabama wins tonight they'll never shut up--because they haven't stopped running their obnoxious mouths since the final four Playoff selections. I live in Georgia, grew up in Atlanta, and now work near Athens. I know a large number of Georgia fans, and the ones I know really haven't been obnoxious...

...yet.

You have no idea...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I won't be 'pulling' for either to win, but I agree that a UGA loss is best for AU.  We know what we are up against with Alabama and Saban, but UGA winning tonight gives them a HUGE upper hand in recruiting since AU recruits so heavily in the state of Georgia.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

Heck I have to watch like a kid on Christmas morning just to see screen shots of the fans if they get beat.  This will be the sidewalk alum bowl.  67,000 fans.  15,000 college degrees.  120,000 teeth.  16 different last names.  Every trailer park within 500 miles will have dogs getting kicked and spousal abuse tonight.  Police will be busy.

Dadgum, man. The hate is strong in you! Haha.

I mean - I'll probably check the score periodically on my phone and if I see a beatdown, I may tune in just to see those sad faces.

But the way this bowl season has gone - vis a vis how I've *wanted* things to play out - it will be a close, exciting, hard-fought matchup wherein the announcers will somehow sing the praises of both teams' offenses AND defenses, heap accolades upon both of the coaching staffs, and the ONLY shots of the fans in the crowd will be of scantily clad debutante coeds, making uga and bama the destination of choice for all teenage males in the viewing audience, even if it means walking on to the football team. Sigh.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've lived in GA for about a month and a week now.  It hasn't been too obnoxious, and I really can't ever find myself hoping Alabama wins.  Ever.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MCPeePants said:

I've lived in GA for about a month and a week now.  It hasn't been too obnoxious, and I really can't ever find myself hoping Alabama wins.  Ever.

Have you told your new neighbors you are an Auburn fan yet? If not it's coming.  I have tons of friends that are Ugag fans.  I did not say a single word after the first game.  My phone went nuts with texts after the second game.  Boy I told ya that 1st game was a fluke.  The real Dawgs showed up tonight and proved they have always been the better team.  Hate'em.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Also, frick UGA

Frick 'em in the ear. Frick 'em in the other ear.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Britt in GA said:

I live just outside Athens, GA in Oconee County.  I live, work, & play with many UGA fans.  I'm going with NorthGATiger.  There is no way I could continue to live here if UGA wins the championship.  Also, I couldn't use the "Meet Pam" meme anymore if they win.

Britt's iPhone 6 Pictures 06.26.17 2651.PNG

I too lived in Clarke County for years. In Stephens county now. I hope Bama blows them off the field, and I grew up in Opelika.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UGA....why?

1) History....best true rivalry in college football.

2) History....both teams began football in the south.

3) I think thier uniforms are second best in the nation.

4) I believe their mascot is second best in the nation.

5) The picture with uga nipping at Robert Baker is the coolest picture and describes the rivalry perfectly.

6) AU & UGA would play in the SEC Championship every year if it was up to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, looney said:

Dadgum, man. The hate is strong in you! Haha.

I mean - I'll probably check the score periodically on my phone and if I see a beatdown, I may tune in just to see those sad faces.

But the way this bowl season has gone - vis a vis how I've *wanted* things to play out - it will be a close, exciting, hard-fought matchup wherein the announcers will somehow sing the praises of both teams' offenses AND defenses, heap accolades upon both of the coaching staffs, and the ONLY shots of the fans in the crowd will be of scantily clad debutante coeds, making uga and bama the destination of choice for all teenage males in the viewing audience, even if it means walking on to the football team. Sigh.

And they will show clips of that damn mutt incessantly, that actually has no true ties to the university, like it's some kind of unique mascot. I hope I don't hurl my supper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, creed said:

UGA....why?

1) History....best true rivalry in college football.

2) History....both teams began football in the south.

3) I think thier uniforms are second best in the nation.

4) I believe their mascot is second best in the nation.

5) The picture with uga nipping at Robert Baker is the coolest picture and describes the rivalry perfectly.

6) AU & UGA would play in the SEC Championship every year if it was up to me.

Obviously you don't live in GA. I sort of felt as you do until I moved over here 33 years ago. Believe me UGA fans do not feel this way. They all believe that GA is far superior to anything pertaining to Auburn. They are completely delusional, and believe that Auburn's football history pales in comparison to the great Bulldogs. Also want to add, how can a dog be considered the nation's second best mascot? 3/4 of the households in America own a dog. If you ask me it is probably the most unoriginal mascot that a team could possibly come up with.

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living in GA, I agree with the OP.

Also, bigbird’s reasoning as to why it is best for AU that UGA NOT win this game is spot on!!

 

wde

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Obviously you don't live in GA. I sort of felt as you do until I moved over here 33 years ago. Believe me UGA fans do not feel this way. They all believe that GA is far superior to anything pertaining to Auburn. They are completely delusional, and believe that Auburn's football history pales in comparison to the great Bulldogs. Also want to add, how can a dog be considered the nation's second best mascot? 3/4 of the households in America own a dog. If you ask me it is probably the most unoriginal mascot that a team could possibly come up with.

All fact.

Also, every good thing that has happened to Auburn and every bad thing that has happened to uga for the last 7 years is because we paid Cam and Nick Fairley is a big meanie. 

Had a lot of respect for uga until I moved to Atlanta in 2006. By December 2010, I loathed them. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

All fact.

Also, every good thing that has happened to Auburn and every bad thing that has happened to uga for the last 7 years is because we paid Cam and Nick Fairley is a big meanie. 

Had a lot of respect for uga until I moved to Atlanta in 2006. By December 2010, I loathed them. 

 I know what you mean brother. I spent 10 years is as prisoner-of-war of war in Athens Georgia. I much enjoy the Toccoa area where I live now better. still loathe everything about the city of Athens, and the University of Georgia

 

 

Edited by Eagle-1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

 I know what you mean brother. I spent 10 years is as prisoner-of-war of war in Athens Georgia. I much enjoy the Toccoa area where I live now better. still loathe everything about the city of Athens, and the University of Georgia

God's country up there! We used to canoe the Chattooga every Memorial Day. Done tons of stuff around Helen (like just about every other ATLien). 

Athens... pffft... the B-52s were cool like 20 years ago, you clowns. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meteor or comet, matters not to me, Bane would work too.

Let's face it, lose-lose doesn't even begin to cover it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

 If you ask me it is probably the most unoriginal mascot that a team could possibly come up with.

Not sure if many people know this or not, but their original mascot used to be a goat. The Georgia Goats. lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

God's country up there! We used to canoe the Chattooga every Memorial Day. Done tons of stuff around Helen (like just about every other ATLien). 

Athens... pffft... the B-52s were cool like 20 years ago, you clowns. 

 Yeah it's nice up here. I live on the upper end of the Tugalo river  on the South Carolina border.  my dad still lives in Athens, and I am reminded how much I hate the place every time I go down to see him.  I have some pretty good friends down there however, and play quite a bit of golf down in Oconee County

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WDE0007 said:

Embarrassingly in the minority and pulling for Georgia to win (I know I know...I'll see myself out). It just means more to them than it does to Alabama. For Georgia, this is everything. But for Alabama it's just another championship to add to the never-ending list.

Though before anyone shuns me, I'd like to justify my decision that I know way more obnoxious and annoying Alabama fans than I do Georgia fans. If Alabama wins tonight they'll never shut up--because they haven't stopped running their obnoxious mouths since the final four Playoff selections. I live in Georgia, grew up in Atlanta, and now work near Athens. I know a large number of Georgia fans, and the ones I know really haven't been obnoxious...

Un-obnoxious leg humpers?

You must wear neutral beige outfits around them.

 

I kid, I kid...

Edited by AUsince72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of reasons for wanting either team to win in the context of what's best for Auburn.  I just cannot endorse the bammers. I am not ever pulling for bammer not even in tiddly winks against Nazi U. Never never ever.

I will be pulling for Team Meteor.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True story...

After an unfortunate beat down of the Tigers by thUga, in Auburn, a handful of young adults wearing their red & black walked by me and, as snarky as they could be, said "betcha wish you were a Ga fan, huh?".

Wouldn't be so bad except.....it was during the Barfield years....I was playing in the dirt after the game.....I was 4.

Dumbasses!

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like most on the board, I just don't know how I feel about Thuga winning a title. We know what we're gonna get with a national title from Alabama but for once we'll be able to say that Bama has no argument over us for this year. Rooting against UGA. Not rooting for Bama.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I'm not going to say who I want to win. But I will say to the scorn most likely of Golf that I sure like GA.Tech a whole lot more than i do the dawgs, and that's sayin' a lot from this old man. Why do I already feel like an adulterous whoremonger? Maybe because the center of the Babylon empire in this state in in T-Town? To put tonight's game in biblical terms: It's going to be Babylon vs Nineveh!  smh, that's just the way I see it.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now