Spuat or Thuga

NorthGATiger

I'm hoping for the rapture before kickoff myself. I can't pull for either team. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason I am even watching this "game" is so I can have a fact based "conversation" about how it played out, should that become necessary. Of course I plan on avoiding those types of conversations unless it's with fellow, also disappointed, :au: fans . So there is that...

The OP nailed it! The"puppies" are just irritating, and a win would make them more so! As much as a SPUAT win would sicken me it would be the lesser of two evils.

1 hour ago, Eagle-1 said:

Obviously you don't live in GA. I sort of felt as you do until I moved over here 33 years ago. Believe me UGA fans do not feel this way. They all believe that GA is far superior to anything pertaining to Auburn. They are completely delusional, and believe that Auburn's football history pales in comparison to the great Bulldogs. Also want to add, how can a dog be considered the nation's second best mascot? 3/4 of the households in America own a dog. If you ask me it is probably the most unoriginal mascot that a team could possibly come up with.

It's only my opinion. Nothing more or less. I live in Georgia (20 years) and since the folks I know understand UGA is my second favorite team I don't get bothered. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22001704/georgia-alabama-share-border-mutual-dislike-one-another

Loose and scattered about ESPN article covering the controversial UGA-Bama border, random anecdotal experiences, and concludes with the point that these neighbors aren’t friends. 

Couple points that I thought were interesting:

-According to the article, “true Auburn fans” won’t root for either team, they’ll root for a meteor strike.

-Bama linebacker Markail Benton from Phoenix City was tired of bearing about UGA but not nearly as much as he was tired of hearing about Auburn. WTF

31 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Guessing you don't think that would cause a two-team no show?

6 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Guessing you don't think that would cause a two-team no show?

I wasn't trying to imply that. :dunno:

I hate both teams and will pull for neither. However, I think that UAT will beat the Dawgs almost as bad as we did. If the Dawg fans had any sense at all they would then realize what Auburn has to face every year. But they don't have any sense, so they will think it was due to the refs or their freshman QB or something like that.

I agree with others that it hurts Auburn's program more for UGA to win. We need for UGA to get thumped and then act like the losers that we know them to be. Then we need to remind everyone that UGA has a HUGE load of seniors this year and that this year was a fluke for them. Finally, remind them that the only team that could beat UAT will be in Athens to give them a beatdown again next year.

I cannot and will not root for Georgia. Bama winning the title after not even winning their division will piss off the entire college football nation more than it already has. That, I can live with. I can't live with the Georgia fans claiming Kirby is the second coming of Jesus Christ and that their Dynasty has arrived and will continue forever and ever, Amen.

I want Bama's defense to completely shut down the run game like we did in our first meeting so they'll also hopefully stop spouting the nonsense about being RBU.

Edit: I also will not be watching the game. I'll just check the ESPN app for the score while I watch something far more entertaining on Netflix. :P

681581.gif

tumblr_m5tv6uFzX41qa4nngo2_500.gif

hoping this happens and swallows up both teams.........

Just now, AUwent said:

SIAP, what I'm rooting for:

(j/k lol)

JINX!!!!!!!!!!!! lmao!!!! we literally had the same idea at once!!! you officially fammy!!!!! lol WOOOOO!!!!

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

I’m pulling for that everyday.  Not just because of a football game

20 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’m pulling for that everyday.  Not just because of a football game

Ain't that the truth. That's my wife's response to just about anything coming up, particularly if it's not appealing. 

I would rather uga win since they haven’t won one since 1980. That said here is the truth. If uat wins then UCF is the undisputed National champion. No team that finishes second in their division and third in their conference even deserves a shot in at be final four. So the fact they lost to AU and UCF won against AU then it doesn’t matter about people’s opinions, this system was supposed to judge them by their results on the the field. Uat’s best win was against LSU  and I’m not sure that the Memphis team that UCF beat wasn’t better than LSU this year. If uga wins then they are justified because they did beat AU in the rematch worse than UCF did. If the committee doesn’t square this then the CFP is no longer legitimate.

Might b a chance they are from the B1G and they hate uat and call for uga. ? or even better they wait till the second half and call targeting on all uat’s returning starters so they are suspended the first half of their first game next year . A feller can hope . WDE

The first team that gets called for an offensive lineman holding will lose the game. 

The other linemen freak out not knowing how to block after the call.

Can both teams get in such a ugly brawl they both get ejected for the entirety of the next season!

Did the players from both teams drive there? If so there's probably lots of Dodge Chargers in that parking lot...

Archived