Spuat or Thuga

NorthGATiger

7 hours ago, japantiger said:

The issue is they have Freshman that perform; they develop them.  Notice the difference?

That's part of the difference. They also give them the opportunities to succeed or fail. They have more faith that they have been properly developed and can step in and there is little fall off. We simply don't have enough of that. 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, AU-HANDLEY-TIGER said:

Georgia fans are laughable, they think they’ll just show up next year and win , no team has proven they can do that regularly except the Updykes

But now they have the coaching and players to do so. They may not make it back to the championship game next year but they should be in contention to do so. Like it or not...they're going to be a problem for several years to come. 

7 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

But now they have the coaching and players to do so. They may not make it back to the championship game next year but they should be in contention to do so. Like it or not...they're going to be a problem for several years to come. 

Not to mention the cake walk of a schedule. I mean, UMass is their Power 5 opponent next season (aside from the Tech rivalry). They play Notre Dame again in 2019 but then Virginia in 2020.

Meanwhile, we play Washington next year, Oregon in 2019, and ugh... UMass in 2020. Dang it Auburn!

Speaking of Auburn's 2020 schedule, I just noticed that we have UMass on Nov 14 and Alabama A&M on Nov 21. Obviously, Bama is Nov 28 so that means we'll play Georgia EARLIER! :bananadance:

8 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

That's part of the difference. They also give them the opportunities to succeed or fail. They have more faith that they have been properly developed and can step in and there is little fall off. We simply don't have enough of that. 

We have a HC with serious trust issues.  Some of that is lack of HC experience, some of it is enduring meddling from folks within the AD, some of it is the lack of extensive experience of his staff,  some of was fear of getting his ass canned.  He knows and trusts Steele’s experience and expertise and he leaves him to do his job.  Maybe now that Gus feels secure in his job he will feel more compelled to trust his coaches AND his players and he’ll take some risks with the talent on the roster?  One can only hope.

I fell asleep last night and expected to wake up to my worst nightmare this morning. However, I was more or less elated to just wake up to my reoccurring nightmare. As a Georgia born Tiger, I was DREADING UGA winning a championship. UGA fans are the most obnoxious people I have ever encountered in life. I really wanted them to get blown out. However, last night’s game and the way they lost was perfect. It was just the right amount of heartbreak to have them whining forever. I love it. Today has been a great day. The birds are singing, the grass is greener, the order has been restored. I don’t love Alabama winning but what’s one more to the 700 they “have”? Georgia has two spread out over the last 100 Years and they are still the loudest fans ever. To me and my personal life of being surrounded by IGA fans, a UGA win would have been unbearable. 

On 1/8/2018 at 1:58 PM, AUsince72 said:

True story...

After an unfortunate beat down of the Tigers by thUga, in Auburn, a handful of young adults wearing their red & black walked by me and, as snarky as they could be, said "betcha wish you were a Ga fan, huh?".

Wouldn't be so bad except.....it was during the Barfield years....I was playing in the dirt after the game.....I was 4.

Dumbasses!

I met a UGA player one time. (Family friend of a friend). He took my AU hat off and threw it in the trash. I was about 9 or 10. I feel you. Awful fan base. 

21 hours ago, keesler said:

We have a HC with serious trust issues.  Some of that is lack of HC experience, some of it is enduring meddling from folks within the AD, some of it is the lack of extensive experience of his staff,  some of was fear of getting his ass canned.  He knows and trusts Steele’s experience and expertise and he leaves him to do his job.  Maybe now that Gus feels secure in his job he will feel more compelled to trust his coaches AND his players and he’ll take some risks with the talent on the roster?  One can only hope.

Seems to be the storyline with Gus...hope and wish. We shall see.

7 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Seems to be the storyline with Gus...hope and wish. We shall see.

Umhmm....every year..literally every year. "Maybe since blah blah blah he will change this year", " Since we now have blah blah we shouldn't have these issues" This year we showed great strides on offense but he goes right back to classic gustav but like we say hopefully he changes for the better.

The frustration, and irony, is that these problems and concerns are for the most part on the O side.  We have freshman playing on the D.  It’s Gus micromanaging the O and not letting CL have a strong say in staff, personnel, schemes, etc.  Do we really believe CL has the same control on O that Steele has on D?  Bama/UGA are cleaning up.  We are falling behind in recruiting and my biggest concern is RB and Oline.  Yes we are doing better than most but we are fooling ourselves if we don’t see that Bama/UGA will be the big jaugernuts in the SEC.  

On 1/8/2018 at 8:22 PM, 3rdgeneration said:

Was it YOU who had the "Meet Pam" poster at the Georgia game in Auburn? We stopped and got our picture made with the poster. So funny!!!

No, but cheers to whoever did.  WDE!

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Linayus said:

Not to mention the cake walk of a schedule. I mean, UMass is their Power 5 opponent next season (aside from the Tech rivalry). They play Notre Dame again in 2019 but then Virginia in 2020.

Meanwhile, we play Washington next year, Oregon in 2019, and ugh... UMass in 2020. Dang it Auburn!

Speaking of Auburn's 2020 schedule, I just noticed that we have UMass on Nov 14 and Alabama A&M on Nov 21. Obviously, Bama is Nov 28 so that means we'll play Georgia EARLIER! :bananadance:

If I'm not mistaken weren't we in talks to play UNC in 2020 in a second Chik kickoff game? Regardless, UMass and Southern Miss won't be our big OOC games that year, someone else will get added.

Obviously game dates that are scheduled years out can change, although it seems to have become increasingly harder over the years. That's interesting about possibly moving UGA up in the schedule.

Also, not to defend UGAly, but they do play Georgia Tech every year PLUS they usually play another Power 5 opponent, at least in the recent past. UMass is the exception for them next year. We're the ones in the glass house on this topic, I'd be careful throwing stones.

And, I'm sure you know, but we have games scheduled with Penn State in 2021/2022 and California in 2023/2024.

On 1/11/2018 at 7:20 AM, mom2kid said:

Yes we are doing better than most but we are fooling ourselves if we don’t see that Bama/UGA will be the big jaugernuts in the SEC.  

In case it makes you feel any better, here are the all-time top 5 teams by win/loss record in the SEC:

Alabama — 864-299-42, .734
Tennessee — 811–367–53 .688
Georgia — 751-387-50, .653
LSU — 731-388-47, .647
Auburn — 708-411-43, .628

And here's the average recruiting class rankings from 2006 -2016 (I didn't have time to find a more recent compilation, which should push Georgia up a notch or 2)

1. Alabama
2. Florida
3. LSU
4. Georgia
5. Texas A&M
6. Auburn

To sum up, bama/UGA have always been the big juggernauts in the SEC, so really everything is just staying the same.

Archived