We’re ranked

weathergeakal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was looking to see if Wofford moved into the top 10 this week after beating UNC in the Dean Dome....but alas not for the Terriers.  

And betting that UNC will not drop much even after losing a home game to a 25 point underdog.   Basketball is like football.....they protect the blue chip programs no matter what.

8 hours ago, AU64 said:

Was looking to see if Wofford moved into the top 10 this week after beating UNC in the Dean Dome....but alas not for the Terriers.  

And betting that UNC will not drop much even after losing a home game to a 25 point underdog.   Basketball is like football.....they protect the blue chip programs no matter what.

Doesn’t matter, UNC is about to get absolutely smoked with probation about all this academic fraud stuff. Oh, wait?.....

8 hours ago, fredst said:

Doesn’t matter, UNC is about to get absolutely smoked with probation about all this academic fraud stuff. Oh, wait?.....

?  I thought that mess was even too big for UNC to hide from but NCAA found a technicality to let them off the hook.  I should have known.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn it feels good. 

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Villanova (52)  14-1 1,611
2 West Virginia (12)  14-1 1,559
3 Virginia (1)  14-1 1,438
4 Michigan State 15-2 1,390
5 Purdue 15-2 1,225
5 Wichita State 13-2 1,225
7 Duke 13-2 1,222
8 Texas Tech 14-1 1,174
9 Oklahoma 12-2 1,152
10 Xavier 15-2 1,050
11 Arizona State 13-2 1,036
12 Kansas 12-3 888
13 Seton Hall 14-2 759
14 Cincinnati 14-2 739
15 Gonzaga 14-3 676
16 TCU 13-2 621
17 Arizona 12-4 537
18 Miami 13-2 502
19 Clemson 14-1 465
20 North Carolina 12-4 423
21 Kentucky 12-3 314
22 Auburn 14-1 243
23 Florida State 12-3 202
24 Tennessee 10-4 198
25 Creighton 13-3 160

3 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

I'm so happy for the team... But still a lot of basketball to play

Shut it. Going to find my old cliff dwellers shirt. 

Just now, AUDub said:

Shut it. Going to find my old cliff dwellers shirt. 

Don't get my wrong, I'm ecstatic! It feels amazing to finally have confidence in our team. Go get that shirt!

Got the “not been ranked” streak over, would be awesome to end the “not been to the tournament” streak as well. So far so good!

Going to be like 2010 in football when we came out of no where to become National Champs...the same for basketball too...(At least I can dream)...

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I can't believe this. I'm so pumped. I'm not crying, you stop crying

i am enjoying this so much...i'm an old man and i am so happy,bigly happy, and will not get tired of all of the winning in basketball because i am a big fan of bruce pearl,even when he was at UT....i love AU, I love bruce pearl and i love this team ( as long as they don't do dumbs**t)....long time coming and i appreciate it all so much

looking through the rpi and other stats ... every team in the sec has an RPI inside the top 100 except 1 - vandy.  every team in the sec has a sos inside the top 100 except 3 - lsu, ga, and miss st at a whopping 239.  10 teams have an rpi of 54 or better.  to me, it looks like if we go 0.500 in sec and only vandy is a true must win at this point, then we should actually make the dance.  to remove doubt, then beating ole miss (2 times) and lsu (one) are probably very important also.  

of course a 0.750 record in sec would be nicer.  if we can keep a winning record in sec, based on the other sec rpi's, we should remain in the top 50 in rpi i would assume.  this is fun!

I'd like to stake my claim now that I am fan of the millennium. I've been to Auburn Basketball games pretty religiously since 2005 and have struggled all the way up to this point. Man does it feel good to be good 

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

i love this team ( as long as they don't do dumbs**t)....

I got news for you, what Chuck Person did was the 1A definition of dumb s***. 

That’s Golden Retreiver love.

Archived