We’re ranked

weathergeakal

Ten games and I think the SEC wins no more than 4 of them. ... And more likely about two. Also, I don't think the results will have much affect on the SEC rankings.   Looks to me that the way the home – visitor games are set up favors the Big 12. two of our better teams , Florida and Tennessee are at home. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

In the Big12 SEC match up who do you pick:

Baylor at Florida -  Tossup leaning Florida

Texas Tech at South Carolina - Texas Tech

Ole Miss at Texas - Texas

Georgia at Kansas State - Tossup leaning Kansas State

Oklahoma at Alabama - Oklahoma

TCU at Vanderbilt - TCU

Tennessee at Iowa State - Tennessee

Texas A&M at Kansas- Kansas

Oklahoma State at Arkansas - Arkansas

Kentucky at West Virginia - West Virginia

I think the SEC is greatly improved we are more balanced then ever before but at this time we don't have any elite teams.  A&M looked like they could be elite before injuries the injured players have come back but they have not gelled they need a PG. Kentucky is not playing as a team and the super Freshman are very good but most are not one and done. They may leave after one year but it will be a mistake.  Tennessee and Auburn are playing the best right now but Auburn is not in the match up. Florida is a tossup because Baylor is pretty good. Arkansas is Arkansas can beat you one night and lose next but is tough at home. bama is actually a pretty good team but Oklahoma is a great team. West Virginia has very good talent and plays like a team. Vanderbilt is just not that good. Georgia has a very solid 6-7 man team but not enough depth and they wear out as game goes on. Maten always gives them a chance to win. South Carolina is getting better but not in time.

Florida

Texas Tech

Texas 

Kansas State

Bama

TCU

Tennessee

Kansas

Arkansas

WVU

If that holds, we need a couple SEC schools to pull an upset for the SEC to have a chance to win. I think UGA, Ole Miss, and Kentucky are your best bets to win a game that I think they won't be favored in.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Why exactly aren't we part of this challenge??

Only 10 teams so some years you are in and some years you are not.

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

Florida

Texas Tech

Texas 

Kansas State

Bama

TCU

Tennessee

Kansas

Arkansas

WVU

If that holds, we need a couple SEC schools to pull an upset for the SEC to have a chance to win. I think UGA, Ole Miss, and Kentucky are your best bets to win a game that I think they won't be favored in.

I can't see bama winning I go with Florida but it is a tossup. It is possible we could only win 2 as Tenn and ARK are only ones I feel should win but 3-4 is realistic. If we do better than 4 then we are at parity with one of the best conferences in the country and we could honestly get 7-9 teams in the NCAA tourney when all is said and done.

All I gotta say is when was the last time that AU was ranked higher in basketball that UNC and Kentucky?    Maybe that brief little spell when we were #1...but before or since then?   :hellyeah:

4 hours ago, DAG said:

Now this is some damn good coaching. Even with all the drama.

Agree....and I think that BP decided to "move on" pretty quickly after the suspensions were announced and he has not dwelled on the loss of those guys and instead focused on working with the players he had and not looked back. 

He's built an good all around team and personally I'm hoping nothing changes with the two missing guys that would potentially disrupt the rotation and the chemistry of the team. 

On 1/24/2018 at 11:37 AM, boomstick said:

Florida

Texas Tech

Texas 

Kansas State

Bama

TCU

Tennessee

Kansas

Arkansas

WVU

Well, the SEC got the two upsets it needed to win the challenge. I think it also helped the appearance of the entire conference, which I think Auburn benefitted from in this latest poll release. 

48 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree....and I think that BP decided to "move on" pretty quickly after the suspensions were announced and he has not dwelled on the loss of those guys and instead focused on working with the players he had and not looked back. 

He's built an good all around team and personally I'm hoping nothing changes with the two missing guys that would potentially disrupt the rotation and the chemistry of the team.

We differ a bit on this. There will be games where Wiley could be needed for AU to win. For instance, in Tuskaloser when the shots weren't falling Wiley would have helped. Pearl substitutes so frequently already that I don't think bringing a guy in that's been working with the team all season would hurt. 6' 11" is something we just don't have now. I do think we have guys doing the things that Purifoy can do, so he's not all that missed.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

We differ a bit on this. There will be games where Wiley could be needed for AU to win. For instance, in Tuskaloser when the shots weren't falling Wiley would have helped. Pearl substitutes so frequently already that I don't think bringing a guy in that's been working with the team all season would hurt. 6' 11" is something we just don't have now. I do think we have guys doing the things that Purifoy can do, so he's not all that missed.

I am good with this....would be good for Wiley to get Spencer's minutes if he can play without slowing the pace of the game on offense.  Would not want to see us go to half court offense just to make AW  be part of the offense.

PS...this is a moot point however since it's unlikely we will see either of them again this year.

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

CBS has us at 8!

Probably where we end up in the AP too. 

16 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Interesting.....bet the AP has quite a different look to it.   Wondering if some of the "traditional" power schools are getting preferred treatment in the RPI...noting that UNC Kansas and Duke are still in their top 10 after a hand full of losses.   Winning in the ACC must count more than winning in the SEC at this point...with 4 ACC teams in the top 10.

Archived