We’re ranked

weathergeakal

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

It is. We have moved up to a projected 1 seed after that loss due to our conference dominance that I alluded to a few posts up....And Purdue losing. Lol

True, if we keep winning we are fine but I don't think we can take another loss and stay there.  UVA lost a game and went up...? not gonna happen with us..

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jared52 said:

Well dang. The 1 seed talk was fun but bit by the AU karma. 

I think if we can take our last 4 games and win one or two in the sec tournament we could get back the #1 seed. I personally would rather be a #2 seed if it meant getting the Atlanta region. 

I will be happy just to with the regular season title. With out AM any other tournament run is not too likely. Im guessing 3 seed right now.

14 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

I think if we can take our last 4 games and win one or two in the sec tournament we could get back the #1 seed. I personally would rather be a #2 seed if it meant getting the Atlanta region. 

I'm thinking  AU is a reluctant choice for a 1 Seed by those who will do the seeding.....which means that we will get a shot at it.... IF every other possible #1 stumbles badly in their tournaments or at the end of the season and they have to be eliminated from consideration. 

But I'd easily take a two if it got us close to home...not going to be much difference between teams seeded 1 or 2 this year.   Probably as many as 10 teams have a shot to go all the way if they get hot. and get the right match-ups.

Yep Being a #2 in Midwest regional after first 2 rounds in Nashville is better than going West for the tougher games. 

3 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Do we drop in the rankings bc of who we lost to? I’m so confused as to why other teams in the top ten lose and don’t drop the way we do.

Yeah, I'm confused at how Texas Tech is #6.

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

Yeah, I'm confused at how Texas Tech is #6.

Listening to sports talk this morning while traveling and seems that maybe AM's injury had about as much to do with how much we dropped as did the loss to South Carolina......though we only went down 3 places I think....which is not that bad.  

Rankings now mean nothing anyway.....it's all about what we do the next couple weeks and how we compensate for the loss of AM. 

Archived