We’re ranked

weathergeakal

OMG......this might be worse than being ranked in the top ten pre-season in football.....almost a certain indication of future doom...  It's a wonderful thing to see it in writing....now can we make it go away....:sad2:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

OMG......this might be worse than being ranked in the top ten pre-season in football.....almost a certain indication of future doom...  It's a wonderful thing to see it in writing....now can we make it go away....:sad2:

Superstition much?

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

man-up-pansy.jpg

5 hours ago, AUDub said:

Damn it feels good. 

AP Top 25
RK TEAM RECORD PTS
1 Villanova (52)  14-1 1,611
2 West Virginia (12)  14-1 1,559
3 Virginia (1)  14-1 1,438
4 Michigan State 15-2 1,390
5 Purdue 15-2 1,225
5 Wichita State 13-2 1,225
7 Duke 13-2 1,222
8 Texas Tech 14-1 1,174
9 Oklahoma 12-2 1,152
10 Xavier 15-2 1,050
11 Arizona State 13-2 1,036
12 Kansas 12-3 888
13 Seton Hall 14-2 759
14 Cincinnati 14-2 739
15 Gonzaga 14-3 676
16 TCU 13-2 621
17 Arizona 12-4 537
18 Miami 13-2 502
19 Clemson 14-1 465
20 North Carolina 12-4 423
21 Kentucky 12-3 314
22 Auburn 14-1 243
23 Florida State 12-3 202
24 Tennessee 10-4 198
25 Creighton 13-3 160

Same record as Villanova and there are 21 spots between us. UCF would not stand for this!

5 hours ago, doverstutts said:

i am enjoying this so much...i'm an old man and i am so happy,bigly happy, and will not get tired of all of the winning in basketball because i am a big fan of bruce pearl,even when he was at UT....i love AU, I love bruce pearl and i love this team ( as long as they don't do dumbs**t)....long time coming and i appreciate it all so much

Basketball was my sport growing up so I've especially been wanting to see AU be good at basketball my whole life and outside of the blips that were Chris Porter and crew and then the Marquis Daniels show it has been depressing. To see this program grow year by year under Pearl has been nothing short of amazing to me and I can't overstate how much I love it and am appreciating Bruce Pearl and his plan for the program. 

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

This is a Bruce Pearl led program now. A proven winner has the reigns and has shown it at every stop and in the SEC. 

That doesn't mean our extremely young team (no team is younger than us - - we lead the entire nation in underclassmen on the roster with Kentucky) cant lose focus tomorrow. This program has been in the doldrums forever and these kids have had growing pains the last few years so now learning to play with a target on their back and after some people start singing their praises will be interesting to see. I am hopeful the steady hand of Jared Harper continues to run things smoothly and efficiently because it starts with him. I'm also optimistic that we can win games when we aren't hot from 3 as the UT win showed. But we shall see how the kids react to this monumental shift in AU basketball. First time ranked since these kids were in pre-school...... 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

This is a Bruce Pearl led program now. A proven winner has the reigns and has shown it at every stop and in the SEC. 

That doesn't mean our extremely young team (no team is younger than us - - we lead the entire nation in underclassmen on the roster with Kentucky) cant lose focus tomorrow. This program has been in the doldrums forever and these kids have had growing pains the last few years so now learning to play with a target on their back and after some people start singing their praises will be interesting to see. I am hopeful the steady hand of Jared Harper continues to run things smoothly and efficiently because it starts with him. I'm also optimistic that we can win games when we aren't hot from 3 as the UT win showed. But we shall see how the kids react to this monumental shift in AU basketball. First time ranked since these kids were in pre-school...... 

so we are shedding our "prefer to be the underdog" attitude now?   never quite understood it but seemed to be the prevailing sentiment for years...:)

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

so we are shedding our "prefer to be the underdog" attitude now?   never quite understood it but seemed to be the prevailing sentiment for years...:)

We weren't good enough to embrace the winner role. We good now. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Bruce's history indicates we won't really have a choice in that matter in the coming years. 

AND I CAN'T WAIT! 

How are we ranked behind Tennessee in the coaches poll? They're 23 and we are 24. Ridiculous!!!

(Glad to be ranked.)

20 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

How are we ranked behind Tennessee in the coaches poll? They're 23 and we are 24. Ridiculous!!!

(Glad to be ranked.)

Just keep winning and it'll all work out.

25 minutes ago, AURealist said:

Ranked 17th now.  Feels AUsome!  

Still not high enough based on our resume work so far IMO.

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

They find it hard to comprehend Auburn's success.....

Yeah, given our basketball success drought no surprise that people are slow to give us our due. Meh, who cares? The committee will treat us fairly if we keep winning.

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Still not high enough based on our resume work so far IMO.

eh...  Mostly Strength of Schedule concerns at this time, I think.  

14 minutes ago, AURealist said:

That's a good excuse..... but mostly the voters can't believe it and are waiting for the clock  to strike 12 and AU to turn back into a pumpkin.

19 minutes ago, AURealist said:

I don't understand rankings in BB.  How can we have SoS concerns and yet our RPI is 6th?  Isn't the higher your RPI then the better your SoS?

According to WarBlogle (I know, I know, he's the worst) we have the the same record and a tougher strength of schedule than #1 Villanova and #2 UVA

We have a tough week in front of us and I think this team will deserve to be in the top 15 if we go 2-0 but I think that is far from a given. Bama is going to be amped for us on Wednesday and then UGA has some size that could give us trouble. I know at the very least either UNC or Clemson will have at least 1 loss in front of us as they play each other tomorrow which could open up some space to climb the rankings.

13 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I don't understand rankings in BB.  How can we have SoS concerns and yet our RPI is 6th?  Isn't the higher your RPI then the better your SoS?

RPI  gets more predictive as the season progresses.  Right now, it could be that our opponents' opponents are performing particularly well against weak teams playing other weak teams with abnormally high number of wins against other weak teams.... :puke:

So for now, a simpler SOS calc says more, but still not much.  Overall, the more we win and better the the teams we've beaten do, the better we'll look. Just gotta keep winning.

While our guys are young and may not handle success that well, I have peace of mind knowing Bruce freakin' Pearl is the man in charge of our program. If we falter down the stretch this year I am still as confident as I will ever be, and have ever been, knowing we have a real life winner as the face of our program. This isn't a flash in the pan here. Next year was supposed to be the culmination of Bruce's foundation laying. The fact that we are showing real signs of being a good basketball program right now has me ecstatic. Just wait until Chuma and Davion have a full off-season to reflect and learn from their freshman years...

1 hour ago, AURealist said:

That's not a worthy excuse. We have the best record of any team in the nation versus RPI Tier 1 or 2 opponents.

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's not a worthy excuse. We have the best record of any team in the nation versus RPI Tier 1 or 2 opponents.

If it keeps them motivated...good. :)

Archived