We’re ranked

weathergeakal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, alexava said:

I’m guessing 11-13th tomorrow?

You are probably right, but it wouldn't surprise me if we stayed in the top 10. So many teams in the top 10 lost this week.

Think cbs has us at 10. I don’t understand this well but having duke and Kansas ahead of us simply doesn’t make sense.....don’t care that much but just seems off. They also put a and m in the top 25

46 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Think cbs has us at 10. I don’t understand this well but having duke and Kansas ahead of us simply doesn’t make sense.....don’t care that much but just seems off. They also put a and m in the top 25

Oops think I looked at it incorrectly. 

54 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

Virginia lost to #56 in the RPI and moved up. Auburn lost to #17 and dropped 2 spots. 

I was just about to post the same thing. And we were down one of best players at that. :dunno:

38 minutes ago, MDM4AU said:

Virginia lost to #56 in the RPI and moved up. Auburn lost to #17 and dropped 2 spots. 

Don't you know? Virginia plays in the ACC though! 

We won’t be given the benefit of the doubt.  But, after the next 10 straight tournaments, handful of  sec titles and couple of nattys ... the blue bloods will start giving us a fair shake!  (Is that enough sunshine pumped?)

2 hours ago, AU Is Gold said:

Don't you know? Virginia plays in the ACC though! 

Believe it or not, I did hear Vitale the other night say the SEC was the best basketball conference. Dont remember what game I was watching though when he said it. So some do give the SEC credit. Unfortunately polls always have guys voting who have no idea about anything.

29 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Believe it or not, I did hear Vitale the other night say the SEC was the best basketball conference. Dont remember what game I was watching though when he said it. So some do give the SEC credit. Unfortunately polls always have guys voting who have no idea about anything.

I wonder if the perception is that if AU is doing so well in the conference, it must be down.

13 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I wonder if the perception is that if AU is doing so well in the conference, it must be down.

Have thought this too. Doesn’t help that Kentucky and somewhat USCe are down as well. Bama and Tennessee are up though.

Interesting too that our losses to bama and Tex A and M are their BEST wins of the season....the wins that are getting them the national attention now. 

2 hours ago, jared52 said:

Probably as much to do with KY being down too. These pollsters are bad about just going with the traditional powers, familiar names.

16 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Probably as much to do with KY being down too. These pollsters are bad about just going with the traditional powers, familiar names.

Even more so now that there is so much turnover in the sport. Hard keep up, even though it's their damn job......

OT slightly but was listening to sports radio (Chris Childers, nuehausel) and they are talking about Auburn basketball being one of the most amazing sports stories in a while. Calling Pearl PT Barnum(in a good way). They were comparing Auburn to Ole Miss and what they need to do at Ole Miss to pull off the same thing. Nice to be used in this type of comparison rather than the other way around! War Bruce Pearl !

On 2/12/2018 at 6:05 PM, AU64 said:

Interesting too that our losses to bama and Tex A and M are their BEST wins of the season....the wins that are getting them the national attention now. 

Tends to happen when you're a projected #1 seed. Also we are saving Temple's tourney hopes right now.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:19 PM, jared52 said:

Doesn't matter. We are tied for 3rd in conference strength w/ the ACC & are projected 8 in the NCAA Tourney as of now. Old SEC record was 6. 9 of our 11 conference wins being by 10+ & the other 2 by 8 & 9 mean we are dominating a conference that hasn't been this strong in a long time.

On 2/5/2018 at 12:50 PM, AU64 said:

I'm aware of that but someone devised that formula (NCAA I think)  and made certain assumptions about what was important and weighted the values to create the formula....and decided for example that margin of victory was not a factor.   Just saying that the validity is subject to evaluation or questioning just as much as the polls and that the formula might have built in bias. ..  

Margin should not be a factor because you' would invite poor sportsmanship & teams running up the score.

On 1/24/2018 at 12:44 PM, Tiger said:

Why exactly aren't we part of this challenge??

Doesn't look like this was answered well here. SEC put in a new rule this year that the 10 teams playing in the challenge had to be the Top 10 from last years standings. It goes on a 2 year cycle so we won't be in it next year either. Good thing we are in the Maui Invitational next year.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Margin should not be a factor because you' would invite poor sportsmanship & teams running up the score.

Probably....but was it the old ball coach who said something along the line of ...."it's our job to score and their job to stop us"....so maybe if a team wins by more than 25 we can penalize them for unsportsmanlike conduct.  

Just saying.....to some extent a solid win should count for more than we get penalized for a 1 point loss on a BS foul call with 2 seconds to go in a game.  JMO...

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Just saying.....to some extent a solid win should count for more than we get penalized for a 1 point loss on a BS foul call with 2 seconds to go in a game.  JMO...

It is. We have moved up to a projected 1 seed after that loss due to our conference dominance that I alluded to a few posts up....And Purdue losing. Lol

Archived