Bama vs Georgia

AU64

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Haven't seen a QB do that at AU in some time. You telling me a high school coach from Hawaii has more credentials in development than what we got? Also, one of our fans had the nerve to say the Alabama OC deserved to get fired a few days ago SMH

Idk, I'm not as sold on daboll as a coordinator as much as I am of their talent. Not saying he deserved to be fired though.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Haven't seen a QB do that at AU in some time. You telling me a high school coach from Hawaii has more credentials in development than what we got? Also, one of our fans had the nerve to say the Alabama OC deserved to get fired a few days ago SMH

Dabol (spelling) called a freaking awesome second half with Tua. 

But I don't know about his high school coaches. A lot of playing quarterback is intangible. He seems like a pretty good student of the craft. Hard for a lot of high school quarterbacks to absorb all of what they are taught. He likely had a coach who gave him the trust and freedom to develop. That's a hard thing for coaches to do. Case in point was tonight. They put the ball in his hands (no pun intended). Gus would never do that. 

9 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Man I wish your posts weren't so mediocre. Then I'd have interest in waiting for you to post so I could say something....unfortunately my feelings hasn't been hurt so bad that I have a desire to

Just now, CAReeves2010 said:

Idk, I'm not as sold on daboll as a coordinator as much as I am of their talent. Not saying he deserved to be fired though.

Talent or not, you have to be able to adapt to your personnel. He clearly did in his playcalling with Tua and Hurts. Talent can only take you so far. LSU and us should know this by now.

I’m right. You are wrong or something like that...?

Curious....do you guys think Alabama Georgia end up 1/2 in the final rankings? (Of course Bama 1). I mean do you think the committee will sneak ucf in there at 2?

Which is more annoying? A vegan crossfitter who trades bitcoin, or a Bama fan after winning a NC?

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I'd like to know the answer to this as well. 

One thing for sure it won't be any rattling of Tua. Won't have to worry about anything psychological with him. He knows he can do this now

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Talent or not, you have to be able to adapt to your personnel. He clearly did in his playcalling with Tua and Hurts. Talent can only take you so far. LSU and us should know this by now.

True but the talent drop from Tua to Hurts isn't that significant from what I've heard and seen this year and tonight proved it imo. Their skill set isn't that different either, Tua was billed as the more fluent passer and tonight proved it. To me he executed the plays down field that Jalen couldn't when under pressure.

Just now, cole256 said:

One thing for sure it won't be any rattling of Tua. Won't have to worry about anything psychological with him. He knows he can do this now

No doubt. Also, Hurts was like a deer lights after the game. Like, he clearly was trying to be a supportive teammate, but also realizing that Tua accomplished what he'd been working every day since Clemson to do, and he may never have another chance. Also, I was hoping Saban would give credit to Hurts for getting them that far. Maybe he did in his press conference. 

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I just realized what you meant. Yeah, KJ may not have. Hard to say. He's definitely not in Saban's mold, and even less so Kmart. 

Thought you were talking about Asa. Mybad.

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

True but the talent drop from Tua to Hurts isn't that significant from what I've heard and seen this year and tonight proved it imo. Their skill set isn't that different either, Tua was billed as the more fluent passer and tonight proved it. To me he executed the plays down field that Jalen couldn't when under pressure.

Play calling was much different, even though I agree about execution. Kid has a good feel for the pocket, too. Stayed in plays that Jalen wouldn't have. That second TD pass was a great example. 

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

No, Tua is a much better passer than Hurts. But they are two different types of QBs. The gameplan and strategy for Hurts are not the same for Tua. You have to be able to adapt on the fly to your personnel. Yes, he was making throws, but the coaching staff also called plays that fit his skill set, to put him in the best position. They weren't typical Jalen Hurt style plays. That is the difference. 

Just now, AUwent said:

Thought you were talking about Asa. Mybad.

Ah. Yeah, I can't say about Asa. Based upon what I've read, I'd think he'd have a good shot at playing there. Difficult for any freshmen RBs at Bama though. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

No, Tua is a much better passer than Hurts. But they are two different types of QBs. The gameplan and strategy for Hurts are not the same for Tua. You have to be able to adapt on the fly to your personnel. Yes, he was making throws, but the coaching staff also called plays that fit his skill set, to put him in the best position. They weren't typical Jalen Hurt style plays. That is the difference. 

So you're telling me they changed the O game plan at the half for Tua? 20 minutes? I saw Tua finding receivers after plays broke down that Jalen would've given up on. I will agree to disagree

2 minutes ago, CAReeves2010 said:

So you're telling me they changed the O game plan at the half for Tua? 20 minutes?

Yes! It is amazing right? You can keep your same philosophy and change up the play calls, formations, etc. Crazy right? And guess what? For most coaches, it doesn't take 2-4 games to do it.

For example, with MW and JS, Auburn philosophy is still to be a physical running team, but they can't call the same dang plays. Two different skill sets. 

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Ah. Yeah, I can't say about Asa. Based upon what I've read, I'd think he'd have a good shot at playing there. Difficult for any freshmen RBs at Bama though. 

They usually play the freshmen and put them in the rotation actually. They usually don't start but all their backs that play now played as freshmen I think. And Henry did. I think Trent Richardson did. Can't remember if drake did or not.  I think he started out at another position maybe

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Yes! It is amazing right? You can keep your same philosophy and change up the play calls, formations, etc. Crazy right? And guess what? For most coaches, it doesn't take 2-4 games to do it.

Yeah, and I think it's obvious they practiced the plan for Tua. Reports were that Tua had been getting ALOT of snaps in practice 

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

They usually play the freshmen and put them in the rotation actually. They usually don't start but all their backs that play now played as freshmen I think. And Henry did. I think Trent Richardson did. Can't remember if drake did or not.  I think he started out at another position maybe

Good point. Tough to emerge I guess is what I mean, with all the competition. 

Heard great interview with Drake the other day. Talked about choosing Alabama because of all the competition. Wanted to be challenged, play against and compete with the best. That's a huge selling point for a lot of top tier players. It's a challenge to their ego, like "you don't think you can handle the competition? Don't come here." 

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, and I think it's obvious they practiced the plan for Tua. Reports were that Tua had been getting ALOT of snaps in practice 

Hurts also had the flu in December giving way for Tua to work with the 1’s for 3-4 practices for the Clemson game plan 

Just now, corchjay said:

Hurts also had the flu in December giving way for Tua to work with the 1’s for 3-4 practices for the Clemson game plan 

Didn't know that. They really handed him the keys and said "go."

Archived